Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!!

+3
archer_gens
Gens Camper
Gens Fan 112
7 posters

Go down

Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!! Empty Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:24 pm

Tyler Biggs buried the under 18 TEAM CANADA in the semi-final with a nice goal in overtime to adavance to the gold medal game.Heres hoping he comes to the GENS next year.Its too bad for canada and i wish them luck versus russia but that goal by Biggs musta moved up a little in the draft rankings,congrats Biggs on advancing to the gold medal game.Anyone know how nicklas jensen did with denmark?

Back to top Go down

Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!! Empty Re: Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:17 am

[b]cheers NATHON HORTON SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES AND BOOOOOOOOOSTON WINS IN OVERTIME 2-1...... cheers cheers cheers .THAT WAS AN EVEN BIGGER BIGGER GOAL,WAYTTA GO HORTON. GO B's GO

Back to top Go down

Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!! Empty Re: Big Goal for a GENNIE on the WORLD STAGE!!!

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 am

Screw Horton.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:52 am

Congrats to Horton - Biggs is on our wish list but not signed

Anyways it's hard to cheer for anyone who beats Team Canada

Get a life are you a Canadian or American?

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:02 pm

Canada lost its unfortunate, but Biggs looked great all game in my opinion. That said I was playing a board game with friends so maybe i didn't pay as much attention as I could have. Either way he has now graduated from that program and needs somewhere else to play. I find it hard to believe he is not in the OHL next year if he is a first round NHL draft pick.

As for Horton you might not like Boston but its pretty bad to say screw Horton. Nice attitude, you really show support to the current players with that sort of attitude.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 pm

What does saying "screw Horton" have to do with the current players? I've got all kinds of support for our current players. The fact that he was "once a General" doesn't mean I need to support him now.

Does the fact that he played for the Gens once mean he's inherently "good?" Does this mean you have an opinion on the fact that I now consider myself a fan of PK Subban? - or should I not be based on the fact that he was once a thorn in the Gens side?
Screw Horton and anyone who dresses like him. For that matter, screw you too and your never-ending opinions. Not every thread needs an answer from you - give it a rest.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 pm

So why answer my post? Didn't say you have to like the Bruins but the love a player now hate them later attitude is ugly in my opinion. I'm glad you don't value my opinion because I clearly don't value what you have to say if its negative.

Its a supporters forum not a trash people forum. Other wise I'd use different language.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:28 pm

You say screw horton...i say SCREW PK.SUBBAN,HE SUCKS

I have hated him ever since i seen him,hes a punk kid,was in the OHL and still is in the NHL.Nathan horton is 10 times the hockey player subban will be anyday of the week,twice on sundays.

Its ok,PK will be GOLFINGafter tommorrow anyways so cheers bud and if you aint down with that i got 2 words for ya.

[b]BRUINS RULE

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 pm

You are the one who had something to say about my post, Archer so spare me your contempt.

Fair enough, gensfanforever. Don't really have a big problem with that. I think you have your head up your rectum if you think Subban "sucks," it's pretty clear that he is a good hockey player, but I have NO PROBLEM with you saying you don't like him and that you hope he loses. Afterall, if I were a Bruins fan I'd hate the Habs and everyone on their team too if I had to endure as many gut-wrenching, heartbreaking defeats as your Bruins have at the hands of Les Canadiens........anyway. Let me ask you something; does the fact that you like Horton have more to do with him being a current Bruin or an ex-General? Probably a mix of both, right? It's nice when a kid you liked in jr. plays for the nhl team you like. If a similar situation happens in the future - just for the sake of my point lets say Berger (assuming you like him) plays for the Habs and scores a goal against your Bruins in overtime of a playoff game next year..........got any love for him then?
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:37 am

I love hockey and I'm quite passionate about it but to "hate" a player no matter where they played junior or where they play in the NHL is too strong an emotion. There's nothing wrong with cheering against a former General if he plays for an NHL rival. I think I may have let an expletive or two out when John Tavares scored against the Leafs in overtime earlier this season Exclamation

I got over it a few minutes later though and I couldn't say that I hate Tavares. I'll cheer against him but hate or even saying "screw JT" is just an emotion I don't see as healthy even if it were a former Peterborough Pete. I know some will disagree with that but it's my two cents.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:21 am

Agreed! Nuff said!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Well I always wondered who booed Subban. He is a very good hockey player as is Horton. Of course Leaf fans booed Bobby Orr.

Sure Subban is a cocky kid but he backs it up with his play.

I suppose those who booed Subban are the same ones who started chanting "Subban" here in Oshawa when Malcolm made a save in overtime and then the play goes the other way and Belleville scores.

I can't say I have ever hated an opposing player (at least not since I was 15) although Robert Franz came close. There are a lot of players that I did not respect.

All junior hockey fans have to remember these players are kids. I think there is a big difference in a player in the NHL and an OHL player in that regard.

An adult continually booing a kid doesn't show much class in my view (but I know others do not share this opinion).

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Okay folks I'm locking this thread enough name calling . Everyone is entitled to their opinion but enough already!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down