Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

+13
jaycro
steamed
sportznut
gensfan4life3232
the insider 2
gensman
hockeybeats
Gens-southern-fanclub
Oshawa fan
bologna
sdspencer
Incognitos
Gens Camper
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting Empty I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

Post by Gens Camper Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:27 am

My bet though is Dips or Rocco would not show - But one is needed as someone needs to explain to us longtime GENS fans their position

on the OHL game and why longtime fans are leaving after all we are their investment - their are many upset BUT few are expressing it

GENS management better step up soon - just my opinion

It is far easier to fix a relationship than start a new one

Last edited by Gens Camper on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting Empty Re: I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

Post by Incognitos Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Hard to schedule something when the organization from the inside is going through an overhaul. There is going to be nobody left to step up.

Incognitos

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting Empty Re: I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

Post by sdspencer Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Incognitos wrote:Hard to schedule something when the organization from the inside is going through an overhaul. There is going to be nobody left to step up.
I'm not a season ticket holder anymore because I was sick of no one being accountable for the mess at the end of every season. I see a underacheiving team again this season and I'm in not rush to lay down $40 for a team that doesn't seem to care much about the product on the ice. If they don't care why the hell should I. A sweeping change is needed before it's too late
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Not sure what that all means - as someone must be in control of the GENS

ship or we are in damage control - you are planting a seed of changes

No one likes it when someone tosses out a bone like this with no meat on it

as to possible changes

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Not sure what that all means - as someone must be in control of the GENS

ship or we are in damage control - you are planting a seed of changes

No one likes it when someone tosses out a bone like this with no meat on it

as to possible changes
I guess you don't mind watching this team the way it is. Fine. Waste your time and money. They have to start by getting some help on the back end and use that last OA on a puck moving defenseman. Why can't anyone else see this is a disorganized bunch of young men. Time to start addressing the problems instead of sweeping them under the mat, which seems to be the way this organization deals with it's troubles.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:56 pm

missisauga and brampton can use some more fans

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Those who come on this site BUT claim to have given up watching the games

I don't understand why you keep commenting on the show today

If you have left you have left But guess you still care

Last edited by Gens Camper on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:08 pm

As seasons ticket holders we get to decide only one thing. Do we buy tickets or not? If you don't like the product don't buy tickets (unless of course you want to buy the team).

The owner and his management team make all the other decisions.

Right now the team is 5 points out of first place in the conference (and 8 points out of last for the glass half-empty folks). Granted as well the Gens have played the most games.

There are financial considerations to making a coaching change. If the Gens are not prepared to spend money on marketing (radio broadcasts) what makes you think they will spend on paying two coaches. They certainly have not listened to the fans on that issue.

Yes they need an OA blueliner (or maybe 2) but they are hard to find without giving up valuable assets. Patience is needed on that front. Last year an OA goalie dropped into their laps.

I don't like a lot of things about how they play. Moving the puck, giveaways and undisciplined penalties to name a few. That said making a change for the sake of making a change is not a good plan either. What realistic options are there? Most of the coaches with experience are already working if a change was made.

At the end of the season a change will have to be made if the season is not a success. I have been around junior hockey for long enough to know that moves made in a panic do not often turn out well.

I will continue to go to the games and shake my head about coaching decisions and player's mistakes just as I have for all those prior years. Most of us likely would do the same thing no matter who the coach was.

Townhall meeting- I don't think it is needed. Presumably Graves and DeBoer know what is going on and they know a bit more about hockey than anyone here.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:21 pm

I agree with everything you say - BUT an explanation of the OHL in how we are getting so many suspensions and penalties might settle a few fans

They may not know how many season ticket holders are leaving the fold

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:23 pm

I think a d-man is coming why else would Payne not play last night and the team only dress 17.

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:31 pm

At the end of the season a change will have to be made if the season is not a success. I have been around junior hockey for long enough to know that moves made in a panic do not often turn out well.

Exactly! Well said. You have to let the season play itself out. Change for the sake of change is counter-productive.

As for acquiring a Dman, how do we know that isn't happening? Even the people who complain the loudest about coaching acknowledge that De Piero has been a very effective GM and part of that is waiting for the right deal and not necessarily the first available deal.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Incognitos Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:39 pm

What I meant by my comment was a couple of things.

1. They are going to be gutting the inside of the organization (business staff) and bringing new stuff to the table soon. They have already decreased things.

2. Town hall meetings aren't that necessary. You can complain about being a season ticket holder and stuff you get/ don't get, the coaching staff doesn't care. They answer your questions about the team/ where they are headed and I can say that 90% of it is beating around the bush, and the other 10% is BS to make you happy to seem like they answer the question.

At the end of the day you have a choice to show up and support the team or not. The entire hockey organization has to do things to attract fans, if you do not like the product then you can voice your concerns and then choose to show up or spend your money elsewhere. The GM Centre holds different events, including other sporting events that you can choose to support. You can also stay home on Saturdays and Sundays and watch NHL hockey.

Incognitos

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:07 pm

I don't like a lot of things about how they play. Moving the puck, giveaways and undisciplined penalties to name a few. That said making a change for the sake of making a change is not a good plan either. What realistic options are there? Most of the coaches with experience are already working if a change was made

This team has taken undisciplined penalties not only this season but seasons past. Most penalized team last season. It's quite clear the message isn't getting through. There seems to be no game plan. Just get the puck into the visitor's end and then it's a free for all from there. Gens Camper just to let you know I care, I care enough to let my views be heard and read. I watch every game at home, but until I see a new coach or some dramatic change of events, I won't be seen in the GMC this season.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Town Hall? What the heck for? You keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different or improved results! The Big Dipper should have been axed at least two years ago. Forget him as GM too. The house should be clean and under proper management/leadership! Looks like another wasted drafting cycle but I'll act surprised!. Eventually the right decision will be made!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by the insider 2 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Gens-southern-fanclub wrote:I think a d-man is coming why else would Payne not play last night and the team only dress 17.

PAYNE RUMORED TO OTTAWA

the insider 2

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:59 pm

hmm intresting who would the gens get form and possibly move maggio out to just wondering what ppl think of that move.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:35 am

[quote="gensman"] Looks like another wasted drafting cycle

Dips has been here 10 years and has sported a career.500 win/loss record....generous employer...

I am sure most of us here has played organized/rep hockey....remember being taught the basics.........short quick PASSES, head man the puck(PASS the dang puck), always move to the open ice(to receive a PASS), NO stupid penalties and play every shift like it was your last(hustle, commitment and discipline)..ect ......doh......we are watching the elite of minor hockey and we are missing a lot/all of the above. Also, have you noticed how much this team runs into other?..spread out..like watching beehive hockey. Oshawa relys too much on coast to coast rushes and individual efforts....thats going to win you squat......especially teams from the west 1w 7L to date.

In addition, its obvious we have a defence issue and I won't repeat myself but I am puzzled how coaching and management let this weakness go. The team did well last year, I thought being a young squad, and with all the forward players returning you have to build the defense up to help balance the team. This team should be better than last year and its clearly not. I realize they where hoping on the return of at least one defenceman, but assumption will only burn you in the azz...like it has now.

It has been a frustrating year for us all especially when your expecting to see a good product on the ice. I really want to be optimistic that the Gens can turn it around, but gensman could be right.......

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:46 am

the insider 2 wrote:
Gens-southern-fanclub wrote:I think a d-man is coming why else would Payne not play last night and the team only dress 17.

PAYNE RUMORED TO OTTAWA

were is this rumor info coming from? I persume from the GMC just because Payne didn't play.if he is trade you will not get much in return or is it Payne wants out? and there will be more to follow..
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 am

I second everything spotznut says!!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:06 pm

dips hasnt been here for 10 years lol ...some people should just think before they type

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:21 pm

I asked Jason yesterday about a town hall meeting and he said there's nothing planned. Didn't it say on the site when they were advertising season tickets that there woul be monthly meetings?

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:28 pm

LX wrote:I asked Jason yesterday about a town hall meeting and he said there's nothing planned. Didn't it say on the site when they were advertising season tickets that there woul be monthly meetings?
I guess that is another perk the season ticket holders have lost. Remember free parking at the north end of the old Civic Auditorium. Wow have times changed. More money and less to show for it. Sounds political to me
sdspencer
sdspencer

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:00 pm

sdspencer wrote:
LX wrote:I asked Jason yesterday about a town hall meeting and he said there's nothing planned. Didn't it say on the site when they were advertising season tickets that there woul be monthly meetings?
I guess that is another perk the season ticket holders have lost. Remember free parking at the north end of the old Civic Auditorium. Wow have times changed. More money and less to show for it. Sounds political to me

Parking is not an Generals issue its a city issue (should take it up with them) and I'm sure if we were still playing @ the civic you would problably be paying there to,almost all OHL arenas you have to pay for parking,should count your self lucky that we didn't have to pay till now
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:54 pm

mygens wrote:Doesn't mean squat what dipiero did 10 yrs ago , he's been the head coach for a good while now and the results just aren't there , the team plays poorly as a team , poor on D , and shitty powerplay , and it's been that for quite awhile , any offensive prowess we have shown come more from individual talent rather than team play in my view , why lose another year with this guy as coach , relieve him of his coaching duties so he can focus on getting us some defenseman , which we desperately need

My bad gang, just a missunderstanding from another thread....lets just say it feels like he has been here for 10 years....time for a move at any rate Smile and I totally agree with you mygens

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:22 pm

'let's just say it feels like he has been here for 10 years ...' Laughing

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next