Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

+13
jaycro
steamed
sportznut
gensfan4life3232
the insider 2
gensman
hockeybeats
Gens-southern-fanclub
Oshawa fan
bologna
sdspencer
Incognitos
Gens Camper
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

Post by mygens Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 am

forget the town hall meeting , i wish this owner would step in and make wholesale coaching changes before this season is a wash , there is too much offensive talent on this team that isn't being utilized properly just not getting the results we should this is more or less a veteran team , this staff has had there chance it isn't happening ! and until then dipiero should act like a GM and get some help on defense , our D is brutal . not one of our D can shoot the puck from the point , hence our pp isn't working ............

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: I think it's time for a Town Hall Meeting

Post by blakejo Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:11 pm

mygens wrote:forget the town hall meeting , i wish this owner would step in and make wholesale coaching changes before this season is a wash , there is too much offensive talent on this team that isn't being utilized properly just not getting the results we should this is more or less a veteran team , this staff has had there chance it isn't happening ! and until then dipiero should act like a GM and get some help on defense , our D is brutal . not one of our D can shoot the puck from the point , hence our pp isn't working ............

If we get new help on defence who would everyone on here like to see as the fall guy? Bearing in mind if the team do not blood and bring along the likes of Brown and Carlisle then next season we will have a bare cupboard!
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I find it very ironic....that last year, many fans on this board slammed DeHann for not living up the fans expectations. What they believed he was supposed to be. Now he is gone...and finally the fans are able to see how all his small plays, quick passes, running the powerplay, were actually a very valulabe asset to have.

I have to agree, there is something missing in the coaching. Having a bad game...every team has one. Playing the last 5-6 games badly...something is out of alignment somewhere. And falling behind in all our playoff games last year....how can a team not be pumped????? Are we have sleepy time tea before the games?

I think the selfish play we are seeing by the players, are actually players thinking it is their responsibilty to "carry" /"motivate" the team. Trying too hard, and the harder they try, the worse it gets. Especially Boone. Being the captain, I am sure he is feeling a lot pressure to lead this team , on the ice, to get the team out of this funk. So he thinks he can get the momentum changed by getting a goal himself.

Back to basics. That what we need to right now, until we get out of this funk. Simple dump in plays, get a body in front of the net, shots on the goalie, and all forwards get in and dig for the rebound.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Laughing Standing ovation couldn't say it better myself

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:I find it very ironic....that last year, many fans on this board slammed DeHann for not living up the fans expectations. What they believed he was supposed to be. Now he is gone...and finally the fans are able to see how all his small plays, quick passes, running the powerplay, were actually a very valulabe asset to have.

I have to agree, there is something missing in the coaching. Having a bad game...every team has one. Playing the last 5-6 games badly...something is out of alignment somewhere. And falling behind in all our playoff games last year....how can a team not be pumped????? Are we have sleepy time tea before the games?

I think the selfish play we are seeing by the players, are actually players thinking it is their responsibilty to "carry" /"motivate" the team. Trying too hard, and the harder they try, the worse it gets. Especially Boone. Being the captain, I am sure he is feeling a lot pressure to lead this team , on the ice, to get the team out of this funk. So he thinks he can get the momentum changed by getting a goal himself.

Back to basics. That what we need to right now, until we get out of this funk. Simple dump in plays, get a body in front of the net, shots on the goalie, and all forwards get in and dig for the rebound.

I agree with the what you said about De Haan and the last part, especially for powerplays. When the powerplay isn't working, back to basics. Get the point shots through and put someone in front of the net. That's it. No more looking for the perfect cross-ice pass into the slot or through the crease. Good hard low point-shots and forwards ready to pounce on a rebound or deflect the puck in. You don't need a De Haan on the point to run that powerplay.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:22 pm

I hope Dips is taking notes! Shocked

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:22 pm

i agree to
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2