Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens at Kingston

+4
archer_gens
LX
gensfan4life3232
TipcoSr
8 posters

Go down

Gens at Kingston Empty Gens at Kingston

Post by TipcoSr Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Well, it is midway through the second period....are you guys watching this?

My question ..... Will Jenson EVER pass the puck? We could have a couple goals if he would only pass the puck.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Gens at Kingston Empty Re: Gens at Kingston

Post by gensfan4life3232 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:44 pm

ugh 5-0 kingston the gens are playing like crap again and still taking dumb penalties.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:45 pm

ya i am watching not a good game at all for the gens tonight Rolling Eyes
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

gens lose 7-0 to kingston is the final score ugh wth gens what's wrong with this team geez.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:15 am

That was ugly. It's not to often you can say you lose 7-0, but it had nothing to do with the goalie. Altshuller played fine and made some awesome saves. His defence (team..both defence and forwards) were non existent.

Anyone know why Jenner wasn't playing?

Give Agnew a chance. He hasn't had enough time to do anything yet. He doesn't even know the players yet. He comes in as a hard a$$ coach who doesn't care what your number is. I am sure things will change.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:37 am

i feel a lil depressed for driving to that game... whats the deal with jensen, he's not playing anywhere near what he was last season

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:21 am

Fire the Coach

Very Happy

To Soon?

Painful game to watch, nothing went right. Gens need to make some more changes fast. I don't want to wait weeks for the coach to get the players to start playing his system only to realize we need some depth at D. Then it will take longer for those players to gel as a team.

I figured easy win tonight, guess not.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 am

Jenner was not playing last night because he played in the Subway game last night. A player can't play 4 games in a row so he was a scratch tonight. Look for Lessio to be scratched either Saturday night against Ottawa or Sunday night against Belleville for the same reason.

As far as the game was concerned, the team just did not show up. Sure Altshuller made some great saves but some of those goals were really soft ones. he wasn't on his game 100% either.
As far as the people in front of him ....definitely not the same team that was trying to impress the new coach in Peterborough Tuesday night.
Once again, too may individuals and not a team out there.
What was with Maggio in front of the net on the powerplay...maybe for his size...definitely not his skill.
Way too many penalties....two delay of game and one too many men on the ice penalties plus 5 other dumb penalties.....guess old habits are hard to break.
This was the Fronts first win on home ice this season. Obvioously the boys thought this was going to be a cakewalk and took them way too lightly.
It will be interesting to see how Gary Agnew reacts to this so so effort by the Gens once again.
Time for them to regroup and try to get it together for Saturday and Sunday nights.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 am

I think Jenner is injured

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I thought the honeymoon period of tying to impress the new coach would have lasted longer than 1 period.

I'd say more often than not, this is how the Gens have played bottom ranked teams over the past few seasons. Old habits die hard I guess.

They mentioned on the broadcast that Kingston’s PP started the year 0 for 26 at home. Of course they score 3 PP goals against us. Why not. tongue

I hope that we're not the ones on the outside looking in pretty soon. The games in hand situation is something else. The thought of Belleville having the potential to pick up 10 extra points is kind of scary. I think after tonight and tomorrow, Ottawa's games in hand stay at 3, Belleville's stay at 5 and Peterborough's increases to 4.

I'm not sure what's more shocking, that the Gens have given up more SH goals than Thomas has scored, or that Cody Alcock can currently say he has scored more goals than Thomas. Next thing you know, Maggio will score 2 and be named the 1st star in a game. Oh, wait a minute...Laughing

Expecting a much better effort tonight against the 67's!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 pm

I can't comment on the game because I didn't see it and sounds like a good thing judging by the comments above. Even with the weak defense this team should not be getting blown out like that.......man.
However, I feel like a broken record.....the needle skips again.....we need defense...when I change the record I keep getting the same song...."we need defense"
I still enjoy watching Jr hockey but its more fun when our team is on the winning end....come on brass make a move SOON before the season is a wash...

PS I can see this song "we need defense"going platinum Smile

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down