Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingston Vs GENS

+3
kenner60981
generalsfan
Gens Camper
7 posters

Go down

Kingston Vs GENS Empty Kingston Vs GENS

Post by Gens Camper Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:07 am

This will be a BIG night - I am sure the players have been looking forward to this 1

I expect a big game and Thomas to break out of his slump

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Kingston Vs GENS Empty Re: Kingston Vs GENS

Post by generalsfan Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

I sure hope you're right. I thought the return of Thomas and Labardo would be a motivator last night. Hopefully we see an improved team. Would be great if we could still get 4 points this weekend.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kenner60981 Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Has anyone heard of any alumni that will be at the game tonight.Usually there are some rumours out there

kenner60981

Number of posts : 66
Seat Section : on the glass 110
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 am

We only wish the Alumni could have put their uniforms on

Another sad night - can;t get an empty netter

give up over 50 shots again

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:47 am

YAY! More Disapointment!

Gens Could have had the W.

During the Petes game tonight they were saying Windsor has a really good stay at home defencemen that's being shopped, didn't catch the name. Might be a good time for our coach and gm to take a look at him tomorrow night though.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:47 am

Any word on Bailie to OwenSound, other then just the rumor going around?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:46 am

The guys played a great first period and then went downhill for the remainder of the game.
The passing was awful for most of the game. It looks like the forwards are confused out there. Is it they are confused over new systems put in place and they are having a hard time implementing them or is it they are not buying into the new systems and going back to their old ways. I do like the fact that Agnew was rolling all 4 lines for awhile 30 second shifts and then off the ice for a line change. Tonight, we saw the fourth line sporadically throughout the night.
Once again, we were outshot ( for many games now) and definitely need to cut down on them. The time has come for some trade movement. We can't afford to wait until trade deadline to get help on defence. What happens if teams in front of us get real hot and start taking off. That would still leave us at the bottom of the standings and we would have a tough time moving up after the trade deadline.
As another poster eluded to in another thread; some of the boys are playing for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the name on the front. Maybe it is time to shake this team up with a much needed trade sooner than later.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Gens_Fan_22 wrote:The guys played a great first period and then went downhill for the remainder of the game.
The passing was awful for most of the game. It looks like the forwards are confused out there. Is it they are confused over new systems put in place and they are having a hard time implementing them or is it they are not buying into the new systems and going back to their old ways.

This point is why mid-season coaching changes don't tend to work in junior hockey. In an NHL season of 82 games, there is more time to change systems and make corrections. They replaced De Piero 20 games in. With no training camp or pre-season, it takes at least 15-20 games to get players on board with any new system and then next thing you know it's 40-50 games in and the season is a write-off. That's why replacing a coach mid-season is a bad idea in junior hockey. It's not that Agnew is a bad coach, it's that any replacement creates instability and the players are left with mixed messages as to what they should do in particular situations. The Generals will play better over the last 20-25 games of the season, the only question is whether the hole will be too big. De Piero should have been given the season to right the ship and if necessary, be replaced at the end of the season.

The bright light is that the Gens aren't a typical #8 seed and assuming they make the playoffs (big assumption at this point), they're not a team that a #1 or #2 seed would want to play against in round one because they have the talent level of the top teams. If Agnew can get them going over the last third of the season, which I think he will, they can get hot at the right time and be full of confidence at playoff time when it counts. The Gens have shown that on the rare occasion where they are on their game, they can be better than Ottawa and Peterborough - for whatever reason, they have a tougher time with Belleville and Sudbury.

Last edited by hockeybeats on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Archer_gens, I think the player you are alluding to is Adrian Robertson, formerly of the Petes. He is not that great. Windsor fans do not hold him in high regard. We can do better. Posa is even worse! Another could be Ebert, but that would be a big deal involving serious talent going the other way.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:44 pm

It wasn't Ebert, could have been Robertson, not sure. Whoever it was they said he was a really good stay at home defencemen thats all I remember.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Just checked his stats and found he is at 5 goals, 15 assists and a +5. Pretty good all in all. I think Windsor fans want to move him because they are re-building and he is an overager. Can't say I have an opinion based on personal knowledge or observation. He's probably available but wouldn't want to 'overpay' for him.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down