Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town hall meeting

+12
Lindy88
KHE
TipcoSr
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Phoenix
overbank99
GensGirl4Life
UGENS
JPH
chupa81
LX
steamed
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Town hall meeting - Page 2 Empty Town hall meeting

Post by Gens Camper Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 pm

I thought the meeting was well attended more than I thought , I also asked Rocco if Branch has a biased towards Oshawa and if he thought he was doing a good job. In a public forumn we know no matter how he feels he cannot say anything that could get him in trouble.

I also believe that no matter who the commissioner is he conveys the message the majority of owners want (win some lose some) when he is not doing what the owners want he will be replaced - it is a thankless job - I would not want the job.

Rocco also said he likes old time hockey BUT guess what YOU must change with the times like it or not and times are changing

I will support Generals hockey till the end - been over 45 yrs now - crazy to stop supporting the kids that wear our Gennies uniform - no matter who is the coach , GM owner or commish

As far as asking about the commish - it is about the GENS SO GET OVER IT

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Town hall meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: Town hall meeting

Post by TipcoSr Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Gens Camper wrote:I thought the meeting was well attended more than I thought , I also asked Rocco if Branch has a biased towards Oshawa and if he thought he was doing a good job. In a public forumn we know no matter how he feels he cannot say anything that could get him in trouble.

I also believe that no matter who the commissioner is he conveys the message the majority of owners want (win some lose some) when he is not doing what the owners want he will be replaced - it is a thankless job - I would not want the job.

Rocco also said he likes old time hockey BUT guess what YOU must change with the times like it or not and times are changing

I will support Generals hockey till the end - been over 45 yrs now - crazy to stop supporting the kids that wear our Gennies uniform - no matter who is the coach , GM owner or commish

As far as asking about the commish - it is about the GENS SO GET OVER IT

Well, I have to agree with some of the others, it is a stupid question to ask in a public forum. You will never get the answer you are looking for, or for that matter, you may not even get an honest answer. No one will answer that question and get themselves in trouble or the team even 'watched' harder. You are right, it is about the Gens, why ask a question that IF you got the answer you were looking for would just cause more hardship on the Gens in both suspensions and penalties.......YOU GET OVER IT.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Town hall meeting - Page 2 Empty sorry i asked the questions everyone else wanted to ask

Post by overbank99 Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:18 am

i love the perfect people on this forum who can decide for everyone else whether someone's
question is either irrelevant or stupid.
wouldn't it be refreshing for once if an owner could say what he really thinks?
i make no apoligies for asking the questions many others would like to ask but are
afraid of ridicule to ask.
so to you perfect people enjoy the David Branch hockey league and the many
years of frustration ahead of you

overbank 99

p.s. i have a very good season ticket for sale at a give away price

overbank99

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am

Overbank, I assume you are talking about me as you posted after my post...so, I have to say that I am FAR from perfect (just ask my wife LOL). You also have to admit that there is no way the question asked can be answered different then it was....it would be suicide for the organization. I am not belittling you, we all ask questions we know will not get a real answer. You need to get over Branch, he is not going to change.

As per your tickets, send me a PM with your give away price, i know some neighbours who might be interested.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 am

overbank99 wrote:i am particularily offended by KHE's dismisal of these questions
as irrelevant. KHE who are you to decide whether one's questions
are relevant or not.

The purpose of the "townhall" meeting was to discuss the direction of the franchise and to address changes that the fans would want to see made by the organization. I found the questions regarding Dave Branch irrelevant because you will NEVER get an honest answer in a public forum from any representative of the Generals organization regarding the current commissioner of the league. What did you expect? All of the brass to start slamming Branch to make you feel better?? Sorry but that's not going to happen. So overbank99, you are going to sell your season ticket because Dave Branch is the commissioner and I find that extremely hilarious. It's really hard to believe that you would let someone, whom I'm sure that you've never met or carried on a conversation with, have such a negative impact on your life. He's not going anywhere and that's just something your going to have to deal with. If that means you won't attend any more OHL games then so be it. Cancel or sell your season tickets and get rid of that stress from your life.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:12 am

The reason for the town hall meeting is to talk about your concerns about the GENS - and decisions regarding suspensions from the OHL office are
legitimate ?????

The rest of you should let people vent how they see fit as we are all entitled
to our opinion

GO GENS GO

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down