Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens vs Majors

+3
gensfan4life3232
Gens_Fan_22
archer_gens
7 posters

Go down

Gens vs Majors Empty Gens vs Majors

Post by archer_gens Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Tomorrow we face the most important game of the weekend. Mississauga is a must win so that we can gain more breathing room and not fall back down the standings.

But first there are three games to watch tonight.
Ottawa vs Peterborough
Niagara vs Mississauga
Sarnia vs Barrie

Could be a really good night if both Peterborough and Mississauga both lose.

The third game is only of interest because of the fact that we play the Colts 3 more times. They are only 6 points ahead of us so it is still a possibility that we can over take them in the standings. It's actually probably gonna be of huge importence down the stretch to win the Season Series against the Colts.

Saturdays game is of importance as well however if Kingston were to catch us in the standings we wouldn't be in a playoff spot lol.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens vs Majors Empty Re: Gens vs Majors

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 pm

It is Paint the Rink Pink Night in Mississauga.
Sure wear something pink to show your support of breast cancer.
Two buses of fans going to this game and I suppose more driving.
Let's be loud and proud and support our Generals.
Lets show the Majors what fan support is really like.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Go Gens Go 6 pts would be good this weekend for the gens.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:19 am

Majors Lost
Petes Won
Colts Lost in OT

Thursday Night

Majors were embarassed 11-0, hopefully they don't take it out on us tomorrow. Gens need to look sharp and roll over the Majors or they are gonna be in for a tough night.

With the Bulls having so many games in hand the Gens have to keep winning 4-6 points this weekend is a must. 7th and 8th is not acceptable as Ottawa and Niagara are gonna be 4 and out the way are team has been playing all year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Tough to play a team the next day after a bad loss like that

This will be a make or break week end - when we hitSunday it will be our 5th game in 7 days

Let's hope we have some energy left for Niagara on Sunday or we could be om the wrong side of an 11 - 0 game

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:05 am

Worse than that tough to play against that dark pink ice when the refs can't see the red line in the crease for a goal they disallowed . First he said it was a goal then he said it wasn't so they went up stairs and called it a no goal of course. Where we sat you couldn't see the blue line at the other end and barely saw it at our end. Also we could see the goal over the line, that was disallowed where we were sitting.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:15 am

It was nearly impossible to tell from what I saw on tv. Every angle looked different. In the end from what I saw the refs made the right call. That being said had there not been pink ice we may have seen a goal.

The problem was the ice, it was hard to watch on tv and if I was the Gens I wouldn't be wanting to play in this game next year.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 am

Was I the only one getting tired of listening to Roger go one about our powerful GENS and you wouldn't want to meet them in the playoffs.

We scored 2 goals and defensively we were terrible , Roger was very hard to listen to - Sure glad when radio is back.

This was a very hard game to watch Lessio again skate circles and get nothing done.

Another injury to dampen our spirts and on defence

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:08 am

That pink ice was brutal and shouldn't be allowed. Having said that, we still seem to play down to our level of competition.

Taking care of business in a must win at home against Kingston and then show some character for two points against a tough Niagara team and the weekend is not lost.

I'd be very happy with 4 points.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 am

The ice was terrible. Not only with the pink ice but was very uneven.
If they are going to have pink ice then they need to paint the lines on top of that pink ice. The goal that was disallowed was definitely in. I overheard some Majors fans say it was in also. Did that change the game?
I think the Gens played well the first 10 minutes of the first period and then went downhill from there. The Majors had something to prove and they did it. They were definitely the hungrier team tonight and deserved the 2 points.
The Generals need to be playing playoff hockey for the rest of the year or the boys will either not make the playoffs or will play Ottawa or Niagara in the first round and will not go further than that round.
Time to pick up the pace and treat every game as if it were going to be their last game.
Lets go you Gens; we still have faith.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 am

The goal was not a goal and we didn't lose by 1 goal it was 3 and again a team we needed to beat - we didn't and - it came down to who wanted it the most and we didn't.

It is what it is we did not play a team game a few individuals , defensively
poor and again some bad penalties and a terrible power play - enough said

Who deserved to win last night - DID - did I like the ice - NO but it was the same for both teams

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Had that goal counted the game would have been 3-3 I believe. Could have changed the tempo. I understand the concept of the whole pink thing but I don't understand how their allowed to change the colour of the I've itself. I couldn't tel where a single line on the ice was. We sat behind the net and couldn't see the goal line.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:42 pm

The camara - could see if it was over the line - GENS did not argue thye call and we didn't play hard enough to win

Could have- would have, should have, IF - IF we had of played harder and wanted it more maybe we could have won - BUT we didn't

Hopefully we put our work boots on tonight or else.

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down