Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens host Majors

+9
steamed
ag48
hockeybeats
Gens Camper
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
gensfan4life3232
nerfherder
GENius-2011
archer_gens
13 posters

Go down

Gens host Majors Empty Gens host Majors

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm

I believe that's Bradly Latour out there for the Gens, OHL debut? I don't remember seeing him in regular season action.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens host Majors Empty Re: Gens host Majors

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Sullentrop is playing? Is a match not an automatice 1 game in the OHL?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by GENius-2011 Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:10 pm

Good to see all the halloween spirit at the game today, it is too bad everyone dressed up as the same thing, an empty seat.

GENius-2011

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:39 pm

One word for that game....PATHETIC

PS Does anyone wonder what Dipiero writes down on that paper when scored against.......based on his coaching skills I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with hockey

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm

he should be let go asap .
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm

I am so pissed , I cannot write on this forum until I calm down !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Better to play BAMBI - I have nothing good to say so I will say

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:04 pm

People should be angry, the Gens have fallen out of a playoff spot and sit 9th in the conference if you look at points lost.

In 17 games there were 34 points available to us, we gained 16, thats a loss of 18 points. Only Kingston 7 of 32 for 25 points lost has a worse record. The only reason the Gens are sticking up there in the standings with the other teams is because we have played so many games.

There needs to be a shake up trade, bye bye to a star player, or bye bye to a coaching staff member. Something needs to change, the season is 1/4 over.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:14 pm

I'd start by trading Jenson , I have never seen a 1st rounder give upbackchecking on that short handed goal as he did . Unacceptable , But wait he gets reward by not missing one shift the rest of the game .

How about Kyle Hope , misses 10 games , first game back chalks up 19 mins in penalties . His reward , as soon as he gets out serving his misconduct , bam on the powerplay .

No integrity , disipline or determination
Starts at the top

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Terrible weekend. I expected at least 4 points. I know everyone will jump on my optimism but I won't hide after a brutal loss. I still think they'll turn it around but yes, it's taking longer than I would have thought. I expected a minimum of 2 out of 3 wins this weekend, especially matching up with Mississauga which is a team we beat on the road earlier.

We came close to tying it up with one of the few powerplays with sustained pressure but then a terrible pinch, an odd-man rush the other way and then game over. But it shouldn't have been game over, there was lots of time left and it should have been a more spirited effort. They're a demoralized group right now.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm

BEATS
STATUS QUO!!

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 am

Where is the Team Play? to many individuals! Captain Jenner is a Puck Hog along with Andreoff and Jenssen. No team chemistry, no plays, cant get out of there own end, no passing, the only thing the've done in the last two home games is fight. The Coach has to take some of these players and sit them for a game at the end of the bench. I was told by many that this was going to be there year, after this first month of play and not seeing how they played last year, they won't go far if they keep this up. Question for you all, why does he THE COACH not play Clark on a regular shift, he goes to the net, he passes from tape to tape most often and no one bothers with him in front of the net, kind of makes sense that you would send him out more often, just a thought. Oh well will be back next week in my regular seat, just had to get a little bit off my mind, hope you all don't mind.

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:08 am

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:I'd start by trading Jenson , I have never seen a 1st rounder give upbackchecking on that short handed goal as he did . Unacceptable , But wait he gets reward by not missing one shift the rest of the game .

How about Kyle Hope , misses 10 games , first game back chalks up 19 mins in penalties . His reward , as soon as he gets out serving his misconduct , bam on the powerplay .

No integrity , disipline or determination
Starts at the top

I would love to trade Jenson but him being a europeon import thats difficult, way too many individual play.
something has to give,players are not listening to the coaches.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 am

Obviously there is a lack of respect between players and coaches.
some of the fans in section 118 were yelling to fire the coach during the last three minutes of the third period.
Something needs to be done immediately.....big trades or fire the coaching staff.
If the brass do nothing I am sure they will see the attendance go down this year and some season ticket holders will not rrenew next.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 am

Interesting interview last night with Adam Graves.
He said this team needs much more discipline and are taking too many penalites.
Obviously management is aware changes need to be made.....so lets see what happens.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:46 am

GENius-2011 wrote:Good to see all the halloween spirit at the game today, it is too bad everyone dressed up as the same thing, an empty seat.

There was also someone who has no idea what the hell he is doing dressed up as a coach behind the bench! Sad
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am

the only thing the've done in the last two home games is fight.

I felt like I was at a filming of a new SLAPSHOT movie , and Oshawa are the Chiefs

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 am

Lindy88 wrote:
GENius-2011 wrote:Good to see all the halloween spirit at the game today, it is too bad everyone dressed up as the same thing, an empty seat.

There was also someone who has no idea what the hell he is doing dressed up as a coach behind the bench! Sad

Good one Lindy....said it myself last night.............This thing is not going to get any better until something is done......almost 20 games in can't wait too much longer to make changes

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 am

Don't know what's wrong with Jensen (among many others) this year? Swollen head, super ego? That lack of backchecking on that shorthanded goal was pathetic. If he was tired from being on the powerplay, he should have gotten off the ice; if not, he just gave up. I liked his style of play last year...this year...not so much! I'm getting tired leaving the GMC early because I can't see effort , motivated players and teamwork!! A lacklustre, unfocussed team, again last night!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:57 pm

jaycro wrote:Don't know what's wrong with Jensen (among many others) this year? Swollen head, super ego? That lack of backchecking on that shorthanded goal was pathetic. If he was tired from being on the powerplay, he should have gotten off the ice; if not, he just gave up. I liked his style of play last year...this year...not so much! I'm getting tired leaving the GMC early because I can't see effort , motivated players and teamwork!! A lacklustre, unfocussed team, again last night!
Get use to that because that's the theme this season. Unfocussed and no effort. They expect teams to lay down before them every game. Not going to happen. Why and when is this team going to see that shit starts at the tops and rolls downward. Can the coach and have a disciplined coach in place who can turnaround this sinking ship.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:11 pm

The problem in the OHL is $$$$$ the cost to axe a GM/COACH is too much

that's why it won't happen plus who is out there because axing DIPS and putting in Joe Cirella solves nothing in my opinion so few are available
at this time.

What this team needs is a Bill Stewart to get that testosterone and respect back

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm not sure Joe Cirella is the answer as a new coach. I presume he's in charge of the defence and it hasn't been great since he arrived on the scene. Maybe it's time to clean house.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down