Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m.

+15
drifter
archer_gens
steamed
jaycro
Gens Fan 108
Gens Camper
GENNY
gogeneralsgo
blakejo
KHE
bigE88
Kevy
Hayes#21
Gens_Fan_22
generalsfan4life
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m. Empty Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m.

Post by generalsfan4life Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Let's GO Gens and i'd would suspect that zador will be in net tomorrow aginst the majors GO Gens GO
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m. Empty Re: Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m.

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:03 pm

I think after the game Kevin Bailie had in net on Saturday in Erie that he deserves to be in net against Mississauga.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m. Empty Re: Majors @ Gens Tuesday Nov 1st 11 a.m.

Post by Hayes#21 Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Zador is the #1 and with Mississauga being the top team in the East, Coach will most likely start Zador. That is just my opinion though...Ballie played a great game but I think coach wants Zador to have the confidence , that he is number one. (right or wrong)

I was reading they have only let in like 27 goals this year. Sounds like they are stingy!!!

I am looking forward to a great game tomorrow. I am very interested to see how full the arena is tommorrow morning.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:52 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:Zador is the #1 and with Mississauga being the top team in the East, Coach will most likely start Zador. That is just my opinion though...Ballie played a great game but I think coach wants Zador to have the confidence , that he is number one. (right or wrong)

I was reading they have only let in like 27 goals this year. Sounds like they are stingy!!!

I am looking forward to a great game tomorrow. I am very interested to see how full the arena is tommorrow morning.

I know you can't really compare the two buildings...but the 67's drew 9,862 this morning for a 10:30 game
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 pm

i'm hoping that christian thomas is back in the line up tomorrow he shouldn't have been suspended in the 1st place.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:13 am

Kevy wrote:
Hayes#21 wrote:Zador is the #1 and with Mississauga being the top team in the East, Coach will most likely start Zador. That is just my opinion though...Ballie played a great game but I think coach wants Zador to have the confidence , that he is number one. (right or wrong)

I know you can't really compare the two buildings...but the 67's drew 9,862 this morning for a 10:30 game

you also can't compare the size of the two markets. I figure you will see about 2800 tomorrow morning. Its actually only the third game I can catch all year, so it will be nice to go when you are all working instead of me.
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 am

It will be packed. I'd expect the biggest crowd of the year. LOTS of school kids ready for this one. I'd also expect it to be one of the loudest games as Oshawa crowds are typically quite quiet.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:19 pm

1-0 Berger on a 5 on 3
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:02 pm

1-1 Now - Justin Shugg
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 pm

1-2 Smith-Pelly

Radio was commenting on Zador's bad glove position on that one.
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:09 pm

1-3 Penalty Shot

Big Comeback to come!
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:32 pm

Clark / Brown - what a waste ... why don't they do something before we get down 3-1. Andreoff is starting to get into the same category for me... the only diff is that he has some skill.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:06 pm

1-4 Shugg again.

No need for anymore updates ;-(
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Justin Shugg proves once again he never should have been traded. Who did we get for him? Question
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Attendance 3568. It could be said that it was a successful attendance day as they probably introduced Generals hockey to a number of young fans that hopefully will influence their parents into taking them to a future game. Obviously NOT a packed house as I expected (less some season ticket holders of course).

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:52 pm

So we had about 500 school kids and about 500 STH stay home - no increase in attendence

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:03 pm

By the 2nd period a good number of STH (including me ) had moved up to the lounge to watch the game. Smile

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I think this was a complete bust for the event. I was actually really surprised to see how many empty seats there were for this game. The point was to fill the seats with kids.....they were not even half full. And to add to this...they were not selling alcohol(which is fine for me) because kids were there? Really, are there not kids at regular games too? As well the normal concession stand I go to, was not selling anything but redeeming the kids coupons.

Rough game for the boys....Zador let two weak ones in.....and once we started fighting....we couldn't seem to get back on track. I thought we played a brilliant first period. We still have some work to do, which I am OK with.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm

The Gennies were "schooled" on "school day". They started strong and went downhill from there. What's wrong with Jenner; not the same player as last year. Lessio started the year strong and has more or less disappeared. Why does DeHart think he's become a rushing defenceman? Shugg wasn't doing much for us before he left and was reluctant to be here. He was part of the Neuvirth trade and has turned into a sniper since going to Windsor but he's not all that noticeable other than that. Brown is a waste of space. Bring Hughes up to replace him!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Gens Camper wrote:So we had about 500 school kids and about 500 STH stay home - no increase in attendence

the actual school kids in attendance was 1475 that stat comes from Jason
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:I think this was a complete bust for the event. I was actually really surprised to see how many empty seats there were for this game. The point was to fill the seats with kids.....they were not even half full. And to add to this...they were not selling alcohol(which is fine for me) because kids were there? Really, are there not kids at regular games too? As well the normal concession stand I go to, was not selling anything but redeeming the kids coupons.

Rough game for the boys....Zador let two weak ones in.....and once we started fighting....we couldn't seem to get back on track. I thought we played a brilliant first period. We still have some work to do, which I am OK with.

They were pretty full and both ends,and it look empty in the middle( if you look at a regular game time it's the opposite) as the season ticket holders didn't go or didn't donated there tickets.but you can't say it was a complete bust.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:38 pm

It was nice to see Christian Thomas back in the line up.
I guess the OHL thought it not to be a slew foot.
Not really impressed with the way Lessio has been playing.
Labardo has been moved to the fourth line as well.
Losses are inevitable...time to shrug it off and get those 4 points this weekend in the Soo and Sudbury.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 pm

I was super mad to stand in line only to be told the concession stand wouldnt serve me. I was ok with the school day game up until arriving at the game. The gens organization shafted us today. Why does a sth have to walk the rink to get concessions. Why werent sth entered into the free jersey draws. Why were we forced to miss parts of fights as kids run up and down the isles to get a better view. Wht were we not informed about beer and concession policies in advance. What a crock.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:59 pm

good topic for the hot stove time.Bombart gens mangagment with the displeasure. point is. They don't care.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfandeb Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:34 am

When we first read about the 11am school game we were not thrilled. However, after going to the game we really enjoyed it. (despite the loss and bad reffing). There was a good atmosphere in the building. It was great to hear the students cheering loudly for our boys. We'd expected lots of screaming not cheering. What a change it made to hear lots of loud GO GENS GO. You'd have thought there were 20,000 of them. I thought the kids in the sections beside us were very well behaved. Hope some of these kids can talk their parents to bringing them to the games or go on to be future General fans.

My husband was given a ballot to win the jersey, but I'm glad it was the kids that won.

It's too bad only 15 schools in Durham participated. Last year my nephews went to a Marlies game with their school. They had to leave after the second period to get back to Oshawa in time. It would of been good if they could have been there yesterday.

gensfandeb

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next