Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tweaks Needed

3 posters

Go down

Tweaks Needed Empty Tweaks Needed

Post by mcintyre Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 am

After the 10 game mark, almost all teams start to consider tweaks to their lineup. Gens have shown that they can be dominant but also have shown a lack of discipline and balanced attack can cause them to lose games.

Up front, the top 5 forwards are being relied on too heavily and when they arent going full tilt, we faulter. I really think Laughton needs a left winger. Latour is not a top 6 forward. My suggestion would be move Dal Colle to Laughtons line and move someone up with Biggs and Jenner...that left winger would be the high guy and the defensive support that would allow allow Jenner and Biggs to grind it out down low and around the net. That could be Lloyd. When Uvira gets back, maybe he is that option?

On the back end, Petschenig needs more ice time...although Hore and Carlyle have been steady, its time to find a way to develop Will P...next year there will be a huge hole in that D when our OAs move on..

In the pipes...lets hope Altshuller can shake off a sloppy outing in Kitchener....I am sure he will!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Tweaks Needed Empty Re: Tweaks Needed

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:10 pm

I am going to let the coaches figure this out. Uvira will makes a difference when he is back.

I think Smith is a coach who rides his big guns a lot. Not sure that is best but like I said he is the coach.

The Gens have had a great start but perhaps they are beginning to come down to earth. Part of the deal is that teams have now scouted the Gens and know how to play against them.

They do need to take less penalties and improve their penalty killing.

I am sure the coaches are watching and working with the players. There is a lot of instructing going on right there on the bench.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

After watching the last 3 games since we lost Laughton, I am getting a bit concerned about how DJ is running his bench. How long will he run two lines, 4 D and sprinkle in others for 2 shifts a period. This will bite us in the a** guaranteed. While Laughton and Lessio are out this is the time to at least give your role players the opportunity to step up and show what they can do...
Last night was a brutal effort by the Petes and not an indication that we are a league powerhouse....DJ was running his first unit PP with 5 minutes left in a 5-0 game...just a reminder, you may need those role guys at some point this season....

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm

mcintyre wrote:After watching the last 3 games since we lost Laughton, I am getting a bit concerned about how DJ is running his bench. How long will he run two lines, 4 D and sprinkle in others for 2 shifts a period. This will bite us in the a** guaranteed. While Laughton and Lessio are out this is the time to at least give your role players the opportunity to step up and show what they can do...
Last night was a brutal effort by the Petes and not an indication that we are a league powerhouse....DJ was running his first unit PP with 5 minutes left in a 5-0 game...just a reminder, you may need those role guys at some point this season....

You must have been listening to Brian Dumb...I mean Drumm. He was complaining that DJ was running his first unit. Yes Jenner was on the ice. But with Uvira and Sabourin. That is not first unit and Jenner had a shot at a hat trick. Personally I have nothing but good things to say about DJ. He is here to win and we need as many wins as we can get before we lose Jenner to the World Juniors. I say play whomever is going to get us there.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down