Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Petgrave

+3
mcintyre
Gens_Fan_22
5forfighting
7 posters

Go down

Matt Petgrave Empty Matt Petgrave

Post by 5forfighting Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 am

Not sure if its true, but reading on the NOOF and twitter that he has possible broken is arm or wrist.....

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Matt Petgrave Empty Re: Matt Petgrave

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 am

that would certainly hurt us.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am

confirmed...broken wrist...8 weeks

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 am

No sense holding onto an injured OA for 8 weeks , Time for JT to make some moves

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 am

Nobody wants him now if he can't play. Maybe at the trade deadline?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Why would you trade him? He is a useful player and will be back mid-January (likely). Not sure who you are going to get that has his puck moving capabilities. No doubt he has a downside with his giveaways but he does open up the ice.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:Why would you trade him? He is a useful player and will be back mid-January (likely). Not sure who you are going to get that has his puck moving capabilities. No doubt he has a downside with his giveaways but he does open up the ice.

They will never trade Petgrave...what may happen is we bring in another OA shut down defenseman as we can carry 4 up to the deadline..then a decision will be made on which one is released.

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:34 pm

The price would likely be too high to bring in another OA at this point. If they did do that they would likely have to give up on Thomas (I doubt he is coming back). We can all remember the Peter Tsimikelas (sp) fiasco when the Gens gave up on him and he ended up in Kitchener.

The Gens would be better to play some of the younger guys to give them more experience. That will help for the future and perhaps later this season.

If ( a big if) the NHL situation is resolved the league could look quite different with some top teams losing players. If Jenner left the Gens would have to rethink this season.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 pm

If you want to bring another overage in to tighten things up, I would suggest Michal Cajkovsky from Ottawa. He's a Euro and we are one of a few teams than can accommodate him. He's about 6'4" and 220 lbs.. Ottawa might be throwing in the towel soon and he might be available? As far as younger guys, the Gens, with the exception of 1st rounders, have not drafted particularly well, in terms of scorers. This is partly due to not having 2nd round selections (where you find scorers) and not judging talent well. They have picked a bunch of 'Energizer Bunnies' the last three years but also some slugs who did not turn out to be scorers... Petraccio, Payne (doing well with the Whalers in his third year) etc. We got to stay away from selecting Americans who don't report or don't perform as advertised. And, I don't think they have any 2nd rounders in the next 2-3 years to alleviate the situation, either. So, they don't have much to trade!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Cakjovsky could be a good short term fix...Ottawa is on the record that they are looking for forwards...we have those and they dont seem to be getting much ice anyways...(Urbanic, Hore, Latour, Lloyd)

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:41 pm

So if you trade for another OA what happens January 10th when you have to be down to 3. You won't likely have much bargaining power to trade one of the 4. The Gens paid a price last year to add to OA defencemen for this season.

Is Cajkovsky better than Sabourin (who I think has played better than expected)?

I think the Gens have to bide their time until Petgrave is back. He would be an important piece of a playoff run.

The young D-men can play until he is back.

As to forwards Latour may well have some potential to be a scorer with time. He has a very strong shot. I am not sure what Urbanic etc bring you in a trade.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm

The Latours and Urbanics are a 'dime a dozen' and won't get you much I like their energy but that's all I see. If Cajkovsky was obtained you would have to move another O.A. at the cut-off date. Looking at our goals for and against we are not good in the latter area and that could use some beefing up. Until we lost Lessio and Laughton, the goal scoring was decent. Sabourin adds size and aggressiveness but takes too many cheap penalties. He sees himself as the Gens enforcer and doesn't know when to back off after penalty calls to the other team. He looks like he feels he has to retaliate, either when he's been fouled or defending a team-mate. He regularly has the Gens killing penalties, exhausting our top liners who usually kill them. I like his size but he needs to show more caution and discretion. Three penalties the last game is typical. Let's see how things work out until Christmas and then see if adjustments are needed.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

I'd really like to see the Generals and 67's make a deal. I think there are deals to be had on the minor and high end of things. Cajkovsky would help the Generals significantly come playoff time. I could see him an Sullentrop being a great shutdown pair. Alowing Petgrave to play with his old Owen Sound D partner, Schemitsch. Then you could pair Brown with Carlisle and limit there minutes a bit, although both are capable of playing 13-15 minutes a game. Now acquiring Cajkovsky yes we'd have to move an OA. I say move Sabourin, dont get me wrong I like his engery, toughness and hes actually alot more skilled then people think. Although his stupid penaltys are costing us. Id say make it a bigger deal. Move Saboruin, Llyod(or Latour or Urbanic) and the Hore Brothers for Gravoac and Cajkovsky an have some picks exchange hands. Graovac is a potent goals scorer, adds depth up front when everyone has returned from injuries, suspensions or playing for their country/province. An in the mean time would really help the Gens survive without Lessio's scoring. He'll be on OA next season an could leave to play with Minnesotas farm team. But i think he'll end up returning as Minnesota is stacked with Prospects.

I think is works for both teams, as the Gens move out an OA who takes to many penalties for an OA that is a shut down defender. The 67s get a tough older player who would fit really well playing with Monahan an give him some protection make him feel more comfortable. As well as contribute offenseivly. The 67s have alot of talented D so they wouldnt really miss Cajkovsky in the sense they have a guy waiting to take his spot an their clearing going younger this season. They lose Graovac but they may likely lose him next season anyways while stilly acquiring an OHL calibre forward an defensemen an a couple picks.

then the gens could look like this
Dal Colle - Jenner - Biggs
Gravoac - Laughton - Lessio
Morebeck - Cassels - Uvira
Urbanic - Hughes - Latour/Llyody(whichever doesnt get traded)
Buehler

Petgrave - Schemitsch
Cajkovsky - Sullentrop
Brown - Carlisle

Petsching

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 am

Like the concept but I don't think the Gennies have the ammo to pull it off. Graovac is a one year wonder and his points reflect playing with Monahan. As I stated earlier, the Gens draft cupboards are pretty bare. But your suggestion appears fair looking at it from both sides which is what you have to do.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:46 am

I'd have to agree with you, their cupboards are pretty bare. We do own the rights to a couple solid Americans as well as Teddy Bleuger, it would be interesting to see if we could move any of them to an American based team like Saginaw for a guy like Trochek and a Defensemen. I think something could be worked out with Ottawa on the side though, a little hand shake agreement for Oshawa to move someone after the season type of thing like they did with Dale Mitchell to Windsor a few years back.

As for Graovac I think his points do reflect playing with Monahan an getting loads of ice time. But that being said in Oshawa he'd play with Jenner an Biggs or Lessio an Laughton an still get loads of ice time. He is just recently coming into his own though I can agree with that, it shall be interesting to see what he does going forward. Minnesota is known for finding late round gems though an I can see Graovac being just that.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down