Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens vs Sarnia sun dec 2nd/2012

+2
core33
#1gensfan38
6 posters

Go down

Gens vs Sarnia sun dec 2nd/2012 Empty Gens vs Sarnia sun dec 2nd/2012

Post by #1gensfan38 Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:20 am

Let's Go Gens

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Gens vs Sarnia sun dec 2nd/2012 Empty Re: Gens vs Sarnia sun dec 2nd/2012

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Oh yeah,time to make it a 3 point lead on belleviile in the east. Smile

The strive for 5 is alive tonight at the GM Center

GO GENS GO Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am

That was 100% the coaches fault, gens as a team played great but just ran into blocked shots and a hot goalie....the only dumb move was the coaches starting appleby instead of alltshullier,if those 2 goals dont go in then maybe we win. A team like sarnia deserves more respect especailly with a player like galgenyuk on it.WOW is he fast and can he ever dangle and set up plays,he was a joy to watch. Im a little heart broken they lost but that hard fought game but also a little mad because of that goalie decision.These where points we needed before the guys leave for russia.

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 am

Appleby was the correct decision, if fact i wish he had a couple more games under his belt already just in case Altshuller goes down.

Two early cheesey penalties against the Gens is what cost them the game, they controlled most of the game and deserved a better fate, which is a reoccuring theme this year, but a good theme. Outplaying and outshooting your oppenent will help you win most of the games.

A very good game, Gens never gave up, not disappointed in the least. Only complaint is that they need to have a different PP system, it looks the same as the first game of the year.

Did anyone else notice the immediate all 5 guys line change by Sarnia at puck drop, Biggs almost scored because of it, i've watched alot of hockey in my day but don't think i've ever seen that before.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

I thought it was a good effort last night. Appleby needs to play but the questionable penalty calls early on hurt.

Sarnia does a great job of blocking shots and Anderson played the way you would expect an OA goalie to play.

Gens powerplay was 4th ranked in the league going into last night so it cannot be all bad.

Was that Jenner's home swan song if the NHL settles? If so it was another strong effort.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

Oshawa fan wrote: Was that Jenner's home swan song if the NHL settles? If so it was another strong effort.

No that was NOT Jenner's home swan song,There will be no NHL this season and if there happens it will be a very short season and NHL teams will not exeriment with rookies they will go with bascily the same players that were on last years teams.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 pm

I have to disagree, I'm not sure starting Ken was the wise choice last night. Ken needs experience that I agree with, but I think you need to play him against a weaker team then Sarnia. He probably should have had the start against the Petes on Tuesday or maybe even Kingston on Friday. There was no need to rest Dan, it wasn't like they had a 3 in 3 this weekend and hes got a whole week off.

The first goal Ken should have had, however the second goal the d-man (can't remember who it was at this moment) should have had the player long before he got in and took the shot. As for Dan's goal, it was just as weak as Ken's 1st goal. Unfortunately last night was a few bad bounces and weak goaltending, but a good game overall by the rest. They had a really good second period I believe it was, it seemed they were showing passion and you could feel it in the stands as well, crowd was getting pumped.

I guess you can't win them all right? Just look forward to this weekend's roadtrip out west.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Good choice to start Appleby.....Sarnia was away and playing 3 in 3. We have all seen this before.....he lost mental focus as all the play was in their end. Sarnia has as good a defense as Ottawa does, both suck. J.P. Anderson played a great game & was a one man show. HOT GOALIE was the difference. They also have a very good break out system that gave the boys a lot of problems all night.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down