Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenner and CHL rules

5 posters

Go down

Jenner and CHL rules Empty Jenner and CHL rules

Post by archer_gens Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 am

I believe Jenner is the only player we can lose to the NHL if the lockout ends this week.

That said here is my question. There is a roster date in the OHL that players must be sent back from the NHL by to be order to play. I thought that date was the trade deadline. So my question is if a player gets the call after the trade deadline, can they even be reassigned to there OHL team and still play.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Jenner and CHL rules Empty Re: Jenner and CHL rules

Post by core33 Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:20 am

We could lose any signed NHL draftee or property, as long as they feel they can make the big club.

archer_gens wrote:I believe Jenner is the only player we can lose to the NHL if the lockout ends this week.

That said here is my question. There is a roster date in the OHL that players must be sent back from the NHL by to be order to play. I thought that date was the trade deadline. So my question is if a player gets the call after the trade deadline, can they even be reassigned to there OHL team and still play.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 am

any player can go to the nhl, its the ahl that they cant be sent too. unless they player is an OA

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am

Hey Guys.. I believe only players submitted on a list by NHL teams can we recalled if the NHL Lockout ends. Boone Jenner and Scott Laughton are the only Generals players on that list. I have attached an article below in regards to this. So, if the lockout ends Boone could be recalled to go to the Blue Jackets training camp and Scott could go to Philly. I think the only positive thing is John Davidson is now the President of Hockery Operations in Columbus and he was in charge in St. Louis when they sent Pietrangelo back to junior when everyone thought he would stick. I don't think Scott will be sticking in Philly this year.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406102

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 pm

i just have one thought... if the lockout ends, and its only a 48 game season, would the blue jackets call him up and burn a year of entry level contract for only half a season? columbus is not a good team and it would make more sense to have boone for a full season, not only half.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm

LX wrote:i just have one thought... if the lockout ends, and its only a 48 game season, would the blue jackets call him up and burn a year of entry level contract for only half a season? columbus is not a good team and it would make more sense to have boone for a full season, not only half.

I really hope not. I can't imagine an NHL team being that stupid.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 pm

If NHL settles, I think the push will be for Jenner to stay with the Gens rather than go to the Jackets...Columbus is rebuilding and the Generals have a pretty competitive team with him in the line up.....Gens are closer to a cup than Columbus.....I personally think he will stay with Gens and start a fresh year with the Jackets next season.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down