Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter rumour...

+5
mygens
#1gensfan38
steamed
jaycro
KHE
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Twitter rumour... Empty Twitter rumour...

Post by KHE Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Hey guys... take this for what it's worth but @HoundsInsider is reporting that there is talk up in the Soo of Ryan Sproul heading to the shwa. IF it does pan out obviously it would be a good pick up on the back end for Oshawa.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Twitter rumour... Empty Re: Twitter rumour...

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Can't buy this. The Soo has been out of the playoffs three out of the last four years, I believe. Keefe has the team playing good hockey and Sproul has been hot since returning from an injury. He is also one of the best offensive defencemen in the league. Really can't see them giving him up as I don't see them as 'sellers'. They are making a playoff run...no need to trade their assets! Like to have him, though!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Wow that would be sweeeet since it sounds like CODY CECI is headed to OWEN SOUND. Let the loading up begin for the playoff run, Too bad no one here knows whats gonna happen with the gens, being buyers or sellers!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm

You can take Ceci & Janes of the gens list as there going to Owen Sound.
Here is the offical from the OHL:

OS Jacob Middleton Josef Blandisi to OTT for Cody Ceci,Steven Janes &
3rd Rnd '15

steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Not interested in Janes anyway. Most trade rumours involve Dal Colle and I would not give him up, even for a Monahan. The Eastern teams are loading up and Twohey is not a 'shaker and mover'. I'd be very surprised if he does anything close to recent moves. Might have to eat my words, but I doubt it. We'll see!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Well im sorry but if nothing is done then i dont see the gens going any further then the 3rd round, they need a back up goalie and another high end D-MAN......If these 2 are not covered then its another disappointment in my mind. And if we lose jenner then it maybe even sooner then that.

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:03 pm

how about the gens getting patterson as a a backup to altshuller espicially since the knights just signed anthony stolerz from the ncaa,and i think patterson would be a good fit here espicially since ldn and oshawa have traded before with each other.

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:16 pm

well if the gens dont get that D man they need , i'll be very disappointed , that they didnt make a run for it this year ! its going to be another major rebuild starting next year , cuz cassels and laughton are just not impactful enough to take us very far next year , in fact , we probably miss the playoffs next year

so tired of this team getting close only to fail to take it over the top to compete for the ohl title , its been a long while , 16 years now , just getting tired of the mediocrity !

ryan sproul would be nice , trade any of the young guys , except dal colle .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Hunter would probably try to 'fleece us". What does Patterson bring to the table? He and Altshuller are the same age; Alt has played twice as many minutes while Patterson's stats are only slightly superior, a GAA of 2.20 and SP of 9.24 versus Alt's 2.26 and 9.10 with a much stronger team in front of him. Baillie's stats are similar to Patterson's and search your memory of him with the Gens last year! Unless you can get a Gibson, go with what we got.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Interesting to see the 67's play by play guy, AJ Jakubec, tweet that "Oshawa also pushed hard for Ceci." You almost got your wish, mygens! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Close, but no cigar and close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades! Maybe, if the Wolves decide to sell we could get Leivo and Corrado in a package. Just dreaming!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

if we do get anything from Sudbury it won't be Leivo and Corrado would cost too much I can see us looking @ Sefton from Sudbury but I still think it will be with Peterbourgh as my earlier post mentioned.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:49 pm

It seems thats all we do here in oshawa is.......DREAM!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:56 pm

well , we will see what kind of GM we have ,? i;m not familiar with the players Ottawa got in return? i thought ottawa really wanted Cassels , well perhaps that was before he was drafted ?

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:59 pm

re trading with the petes , i dont think thowey is on best terms with the petes ?

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:04 pm

well , belleville and owen sound sure helped their respected causes , for the final run.!

i really dont think the gens can afford to stand pat !!!!

who gives a damn about next year ? i've heard that for 12 years , what have we won ?

even with Taveres and delzotto , we got zero !!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 pm

What about trading uvira, hes been hurt alot this year, has under acheived and is a young talent who we could get lots back for. This is just me thinking out loud, if i get heat for this post then so be it...i just think we could get a great return for him.And we would'nt have to deal del col or cassels away.

what do u guys or gals think???

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm

You people need to understand before you lynch Twohey. It takes two GMs to do a deal ... if the other GM says 'We want Dal Colle or forget it' what do you do. Have some common sense folks. Word out there is Oshawa is hot in the market. You don't make a deal for the sake of making a deal. You don't make a deal to hurt your club. You don't make a deal that you think you are losing. When a deal is made, both GMs try to better their club for today or for the future, ie .. both GMs feel they win. If other GMs are demanding too much, I hope he doesn't do the deal. Lets hope he can catch a GM sleeping, but I for one say NO to any deal that involves Dal Colle.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 pm

well our battle with the bulls will be extremelly tough now, graovac proved that in his debut by getting 1g, 3 assists...So with subban and the fact we are battling them for top spot in the east,the gens need to do something or they maybe fighting in the middle of the pack again.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Uvira would be a tough deal to work seeing as how he is an "Import" and not a high scoring one at that. Not many OHL teams have a slot available for a Euro. Euros and overagers are hard to move for anything of value.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 pm

jaycro wrote:Uvira would be a tough deal to work seeing as how he is an "Import" and not a high scoring one at that. Not many OHL teams have a slot available for a Euro. Euros and overagers are hard to move for anything of value.

Don't need to trade Uvia but we can add an euro as we have a spot open.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

I thought we might have a crack at Gavrus in the Sound or Koko in Windsor! Still do in regard to the latter.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:10 pm

I think Koko is still a possibility as well. DJ Smith knows him well as he's coached in Windsor while Koko was their. I could see the Spitfires taking Teddy Blueger's rights (as their known to sway college kids to come to the O), along with a guy like Joe Manchurek as he is a Windsor area prospect as well as born in 96. Koko can play down the middle or on the wing an is actually pretty good defensively for a european player. Also I think the Sproul to the Gens rumor has legs, the Gens do have a load of young defensemen an a few 3 and 4th line role players that may be expendable. Dont get me wrong I think Petensching, Hore, Brown and Carlisle have all played admirable but moving one of them a forward and some picks for Sproul is a steal.

Im not to sure why Owen Sound gave up so much for Ceci, with the NHL starting up an Ceci on the recall list it doesn't make to much sense to me, best case scenario hes away for a week. But remember Ottawa lost Jared Cowen for the rest of year, and let Carkner and Gilroy go, they only have 4 healthy NHL defensemen. They have 3 full time spots to fill. Patrick Wiechorich, Matt Borowecki and Andre Beniot are the likely candidates but, Ceci could easily out play them in a shortened camp. Not to mention Sentors brace must have seen him play numerous times seeing as the 67s play in the same building as them. Just my opinion

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Can't move Manchurek as he 's a 2012 draftee and only 1st rounders can be moved.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:00 pm

jaycro wrote:Can't move Manchurek as he 's a 2012 draftee and only 1st rounders can be moved.

Sorry but why can't he be move? so what your saying only 1st can be moved I think your missed informed as anyone can be move now.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next