Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter rumour...

+5
mygens
#1gensfan38
steamed
jaycro
KHE
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twitter rumour... - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter rumour...

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Only first rounds picks can't be moved. An I don't mean players picked in the first round I mean the actual pick. For example the 2013 Generals 1st Round pick

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I made a similar statement last week and was told I was wrong...here is the fact...only 1st round 16 years olds can be moved and only by the trade deadline...I'll say it again...we cant move a 16 year old other than Dal colle..

Thats why I made the statement that the 95s would be in play if we did make a move that involved players

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I made a similar statement last week and was told I was wrong...here is the fact...only 1st round 16 years olds can be moved and only by the trade deadline...I'll say it again...we cant move a 16 year old other than Dal colle..

Thats why I made the statement that the 95s would be in play if we did make a move that involved players

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 pm

Macker88..you are right...you cannot trade future 1st rounders from any year, but mcintyre is right about this last year's draft. Only one player from the 2012 draft may be traded and that's Dal Colle. As I said earlier, Manchurek cannot be traded at this time nor can any player drafted after the first round from the last draft. That's why '95's are so valuable in today's trade market. Number 1's seldom get moved the year they are drafted so the '95 players are 'valuable currency'!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks for the level set Jaycro..

I have a feeling Latour, Carlisle, T Hore and Petschnig may bring some form of return

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Another twitter rumour tonight has Frank Corrado and Josh Leivo both going to Kitchener.

I've been happy to see that the Gens are at least being mentioned as active in trade talks (on Ceci and rumour in the Soo). I was hoping that these two Wolves could end up in a Generals uniform as I think that would be all that they need with a backup goalie to make a long playoff run. The one positive thing is most of these high end players seem to be going to the West.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 am

I'd hate to see Levio and Corrado go to Kitchener, I too think this is the exact move the Gens need to make to put them over the top. It wouldnt be a bad idea to see Joel Vienneau the Wolves started involved to, to adress are lack of backup experience.

Another deal I'd like to see is the Sproul and Broll or Cousins or Schumacher to the Gens. I know Cousins has a history but there is know denying his skill.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 am

There is some talk on the 'Net" about Windsor doing a deal involving a 17 and a 19 year old to Windsor with Oshawa as a possible source.. Possiby...Cassels (speculated) with others for (possibly Koko? and others) I'm just tossing names here.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 am

One thing I have noticed is that Owen Sound and Kitchener both game up their 1st round draft picks from last year. That's a very tough call with Oshawa because in my opinion Michael Dal Colle isn't your normal 1st round draft pick. He arguable can be on your top line (and is on occasion) and can produce. He is a bonafind NHL 1st rounder in his draft year. If not picking up one of the bigger named players means holding on to Dal Colle then I'm all for it. I really do hope Jeff Twohey is able to make a deal for a forward, a dman and potentially another goalie. Even with Belleville picking up Graovac I still feel that when healthy Oshawa has the best team in the Eastern Conference. A coheisive unit will get your further than talent (see L.A. Lakers).

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am

KHE wrote:One thing I have noticed is that Owen Sound and Kitchener both game up their 1st round draft picks from last year. That's a very tough call with Oshawa because in my opinion Michael Dal Colle isn't your normal 1st round draft pick. He arguable can be on your top line (and is on occasion) and can produce. He is a bonafind NHL 1st rounder in his draft year. If not picking up one of the bigger named players means holding on to Dal Colle then I'm all for it. I really do hope Jeff Twohey is able to make a deal for a forward, a dman and potentially another goalie. Even with Belleville picking up Graovac I still feel that when healthy Oshawa has the best team in the Eastern Conference. A coheisive unit will get your further than talent (see L.A. Lakers).

You have to believe that every conversation Twohey has with potential trade partners starts with "Dal Colle"...then the backup is "Laughton" and then "Cassells"...lets face it, if we are going to land a big fish before Thursday, its gonna cost us one of our key players, a role player and mid round pick.

We may only see minor moves with younger depth players moved out for an experienced player that has some playoff experience..

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Twoheys office!!!

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:13 pm

mcintyre wrote:
KHE wrote:One thing I have noticed is that Owen Sound and Kitchener both game up their 1st round draft picks from last year. That's a very tough call with Oshawa because in my opinion Michael Dal Colle isn't your normal 1st round draft pick. He arguable can be on your top line (and is on occasion) and can produce. He is a bonafind NHL 1st rounder in his draft year. If not picking up one of the bigger named players means holding on to Dal Colle then I'm all for it. I really do hope Jeff Twohey is able to make a deal for a forward, a dman and potentially another goalie. Even with Belleville picking up Graovac I still feel that when healthy Oshawa has the best team in the Eastern Conference. A coheisive unit will get your further than talent (see L.A. Lakers).

You have to believe that every conversation Twohey has with potential trade partners starts with "Dal Colle"...then the backup is "Laughton" and then "Cassells"...lets face it, if we are going to land a big fish before Thursday, its gonna cost us one of our key players, a role player and mid round pick.

We may only see minor moves with younger depth players moved out for an experienced player that has some playoff experience..

Oh to be a fly on the wall in Twoheys office!!!

I wouldn't hesistate giving up Cassells. I think he's been a bust of a 1st round draft choice. He's the type of player that will be around for his OA year but he's not an impact player in my opinion. People may disagree but I just haven't seen it from him... yet.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 pm

And here are the details of the Wolves/Rangers deal
KIT sends Palazzese, Schmalz, Genovese, 4th (osh '16), 6th (OS '17), 7th (WSR '14), Plymouths 1st round import ('13) 2 cond. 2nds ('17 and '19)
SBY for Corrado, Vienneau, Leivo, Sudbury's 1st round import ('13), 6th('15), 8th ('13), cond. 3rd ('14).

WOW. You've got Owen Sound and Kitchener who have made BIG trades to compete with London in the west. Only 2 teams will make it to the Western Conference final and both of those teams have given up a lot of assets.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Last year I would have agreed with you (about Cassels) but I think he's made great strides this year, is more aggressive and is twice the player he was last year

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 pm

yes well at least kit and owen sound are going for it for their fans , so far our guys are doing dick !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:52 pm

i agree with KHE , cassels is a good two way player , but not a good enough to have been a ist round pick , he may be a late bloomer hopefully !!! but so far , not so much ! obviously ottawa changed their view of him ! they wanted him badly at draft time .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:52 pm

At draft time, they had memories of his father who was an outstanding playmaker and and one of the league's best players. Good bloodlines so maybe Cole will develop, yet!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm

jaycro wrote: At draft time, they had memories of his father who was an outstanding playmaker and and one of the league's best players. Good bloodlines so maybe Cole will develop, yet!

He has developed from last year. However with first round draft picks I expect more of an impact especially the second year than I've seen. I really hope he does develop. The bottom line is if making a trade for a quality player means moving Cassells I would do it.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Cassell's in my opinion has improved, but I think that comes with slightly more ice time. I anticipate he'll continue to improve, but I think at his peak he's a 20 goal scorer 45 point guy. If given the oppurtunity to acquire a defensmen like Sproul or a forward like Koko for him I think its a no brainer for the Gens

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2