Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appleby Looking Pretty Good

+4
#1gensfan38
Oshawa fan
nerfherder
Macker88
8 posters

Go down

Appleby Looking Pretty Good  Empty Appleby Looking Pretty Good

Post by Macker88 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:34 pm

I know it's only been a couple games but Appleby looked great against 1st place Barrie, got his first W vs Kingston an by all acounts should of had a shutout Vs Mississauga. I was one of the guys saying we need a veteran backup, but I've been impressed with Ken. I think DJ should give him a few starts even when Daniel gets back I think he's earned some trust and showed his ability. Plus you can't just ride your number one the next 25 games straight, especially if your planning a deep playoff run, he's gonna burn out like Baille did last year. I'd start Appleby on Wednesday, having played 3 in 4 nights. Daniel sitting all weekend may be a detriment to him Wednesday night for arguably the biggest game of the season.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Appleby Looking Pretty Good  Empty Re: Appleby Looking Pretty Good

Post by nerfherder Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Macker88 wrote:I know it's only been a couple games but Appleby looked great against 1st place Barrie, got his first W vs Kingston an by all acounts should of had a shutout Vs Mississauga. I was one of the guys saying we need a veteran backup, but I've been impressed with Ken. I think DJ should give him a few starts even when Daniel gets back I think he's earned some trust and showed his ability. Plus you can't just ride your number one the next 25 games straight, especially if your planning a deep playoff run, he's gonna burn out like Baille did last year. I'd start Appleby on Wednesday, having played 3 in 4 nights. Daniel sitting all weekend may be a detriment to him Wednesday night for arguably the biggest game of the season.
When Daniel gets back?? What team are you watching? He has been in warm up and on the bench for all games. DJ just got some confidence in Kenny and road it out. You do not play Appleby in Belleville the team you are chasing Wednesday! You come back with a rested Altshuller. He is our number 1 and will be good to go.
As an aside I think Sulley owes Appleby some dinner for blowing his shutout. Glad DJ has some confidence in him and I liked how the team blocked shots in front of him this weekend. Keep that up for Altshuller

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 am

The TV broadcast said that Altshuller has the flu.

The Gens twitter account posted about a shut out with about 6 minutes to go I was thinking that was it when they did that.

Nice to see Appleby having some success.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

Oshawa fan wrote:The TV broadcast said that Altshuller has the flu.

The Gens twitter account posted about a shut out with about 6 minutes to go I was thinking that was it when they did that.

Nice to see Appleby having some success.

Couldn't be a bad flu or he wouldn't be around the team. Either way if he is healthy he starts on Wednesday

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 am

yup he played pretty well tonight i thought

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 am

Yep i am really impressed with the way kenny is playin,its awesome to see and the fact he can play a few games and us get 5 points out of it says that dj has some confidence in him for sure.

It was sad though when the announcer said that about the shut out....what a dumb thing to say,does he not know anything bout hockey.i mean every hockey fan knows that,just like a no hitter or a perfect game.....shush till its over!!!

And yes sullentrop owes kenny a huge dinner or something!!!!

It was a nice way to send the team of 5 fans home,it was a great game....go gens go!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:34 am

By get Daniel back I ment he had the flu... Don't worry I know my shit. I think they didn't bring a guy up because they don't have the roster space. You can only sign so many guys through out the season even if there just call ups they need to be players on affiliated teams ie why they signe Manchurek (not a player from an affiliated team). Wallace can be considered an affiliated player because Pickering & Whitby are out affiliated teams. Matt Hore, Evan Buehler, Owen McDade, Pat Hamilton, and the one kid who played 2 games an now plays for Whitby Jr.A were all signed then released. Although draft picks of the Generals, you still need to play with an affiliated team to count as a call up. An by released I mean from there 5/8 game card. Which I believe you only get 5 or 6 of a season.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:06 am

Aidan Wallace not in the line-up again tonight.Was he playing with the Panthers? He needs to commit to one or t'other if that's the case.I liked what I saw of him the other night. Seems like a feisty little bu...er! And, what's with Karlsson? Hardly sees the ice. We traded a regular shift guy in Uvira for a 7th or 8th, 'last year', defenceman?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 pm

I've been less then impressed with what I've seen from Karlsson, that was a horrible trade, even if Uvira wasn't producing offensively like he should have been.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Uvira, got an assist and a fight today for plymouth!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by marty12 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 pm

Karlsson might not be a top sixer today, but give him time he's going to be a good one. At this point we don't really need him to be in the top 6 as our guys are getting it done.

marty12

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 am

marty12 wrote:Karlsson might not be a top sixer today, but give him time he's going to be a good one. At this point we don't really need him to be in the top 6 as our guys are getting it done.
Well he better hurry up as he is a 93. Wouldn't waste an OA on him next year.

nerfherder

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 am

"Give him time" "We don't need him now" ?
Umm he's a 93 and an import. If not now when do we need him ? If he can't crack our top 6 that has two 2nd year players and a rookie then he's not worth keeping. Bottom line we got raped in that trade ! Uvira at the very least was a pretty strong skating, good sized forward, who could play on an energy line or a scoring line.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am

You guys are talking about Uvira like he was the second coming of god or something. You're talking about a 3rd or 4th line player this year that had 3 goals and 3 assists in 23 games. He frequently skated with his head down and was one hit away from a career ending concussion. He has been ineffective as an offensive player this year and honestly... I'm quite happy to give Justice Dundas his minutes. We've traded for a defenceman to give us depth... that is all. Uvira wasn't going to be an OA import and chances are Karlsson will not be an OA import.. however.. we now have an extra NHL drafted defenceman. He's not a bad hockey player by any means, he just hasn't shown most of the Oshawa faithful that haven't seen him play what he can do.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Its hard to judge him as he never plays. Will and Chris get way more ice time then he does. I've noticed he's lucky to get 1-3 shfts a period. Whats the point of picking up a player if you arent going to use him?

As for appleby, I was pleasently surprised the way he played last weekend. I will openly admit I was not a supporter until last weekend. I was calling for a decent back up over the deadline. I do have to say I still don't know if he could go the distance if we needed him too. Sometimes I find the players tend to play a little more defensive or "better" for lack of wording, when you have a guy like Appleby in the net.

I'm not sure who i felt worse for then colin made the bad turn over, Appleby or Colin. Colin looked so upset as he knew what he did. He barely raised his head from that moment til he went off the ice.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm

I personally am not saying Uvira was anything amazing, I just think he is far more useful then Simon Karlsson. I to am happy with Dundace I just think Uvira would add more depth to are forward core were as Karlsson doesn't even dress. I agree Uvira wouldn't be back next season but I still feel like we could of got something better for him. Karlsson is drafted yes, but he was a 7th round pick I'm pretty sure, an was drafted on potential, potential that has yet to show up. An the fact he's a 4th year player likely means it won't show up. Being drafted an actually signing with a team are two completely different things. Remember how good Tony DeHart was he's struggling to even crack the AHL. Karlsson is no were near as good as DeHart was so what does that say about his future in pro hockey, if a guy 10 times as good as him is struggling to even crack an AHL roster ?

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down