Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barrie or Sudbury?

+2
LX
steamed
6 posters

Go down

Barrie or Sudbury? Empty Barrie or Sudbury?

Post by steamed Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Who do you prefer play Barrie or Sudbury?
My preference would be Barrie as it would be a less physical team to play against of the two.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Barrie or Sudbury? Empty Re: Barrie or Sudbury?

Post by LX Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:09 pm

May be less physical. But they have a lot more firepower. And if our PP is going 1-20, we'll fall behind in the scoreing department

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:52 pm

I find it hard to believe that Mississauga will complete the upset, but hey stranger things have happened. I've personally been to two games in the Brampton Vs Sudbury series and 1 in the Barrie series. Sudbury handled Brampton pretty easily, but Brampton doesn't have the deepest team or all that much scoring. Sudbury is a pretty rough team from what I saw. There power play was really clicking when I saw them. Franky Palazzese didn't really impress me much, Nicolas Baptiste, Michael Kantor and Kevin Raine where there best players. I think if you neutralize them you have Sudbury beat.

Barrie on the other hand looked really good. There defense was making easy crisp first passes and breakouts. There German goalie looked really good. Schiefele looked great. The top line is scary when there on, as is there power player. Ryan O Connnor is suspended but there d core still looked solid. I think Camara was suspended or nursing a minor injury because I didn't see him out there, but he was a member of team Canada so you no he's an impact player. Barrie reminds me alot of Niagara. Except with better goaltending and more depth. But the team revolves around two or 3 guys just like Niagara. The Barrie Molson Center didn't seem like much of an intimidating place to play. Where as Sudbury is and they have a good traveling fan base.

To be honest both teams provide a tough test. I'd Rather play Sudbury when it comes down to it. But will probably play barrie and im okay with that. Belleville vs Sudbury I really think Sudbury will upset them, I thought it for quite a while but now seeing Belleville struggle with Mississagua I'm believing its a real possibility

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 am

Should it end up being Barrie, as Macker88 mentioned, they would be without captain Ryan O'Connor for the series. O'Connor had 18 goals, 35 assists and 13 PP goals during the regular season, so that would help.

If the Colts continue their 1st round trend of taking lots of penalties (Kingston had 23 PP chances in the 1st 3 games alone! 7 in game 1, 9 in game 2 and 7 in game 3) and the Gens can get their PP converting, that could really be a difference maker in the series.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:47 pm

I think both teams pose differnt challenges to the generals.

Barrie is a high energy, high offense, with a goalie that can steal the game if need be.
Sudbury is bruising, hard working team, that never gives up.

The gens are going to be hard pressed with either team.
We can compete, but the difference will be whether this team can stay focused enough to win the series. Do the small things ,and not get carried away with trying to beat the whole team by themselves.

That has been a challenge for this team all year. 60 minutes of focus. We have players that take some shifts off, some ridiculously lazy play defensively, a powerplay, looking for highlight reel goals ,and if we do not make the adjustments, the gens will find themselves looking in.

I love this team. I know we have the skill. It is the mental game that could be our downfall.
If we stay driven and committed to the team game, and less about being pretty, we can beat anyone. We showed that with 10 regulars out of the line up, that is how they have to play.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Barrie or Sudbury? Empty Sudbury - would be the choice - no brainer

Post by Gens Camper Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:20 pm

However we don't have a choice - Extra home game and We could handle the Wolves easier than Barrie - The Colts goalie cannot not only steal a game but could steal a series especially with our power play

However it will be the Colts - I'm sure - hopefully we can make the changes needed as the Colts will try to get us off our game and be undisciplined -
As well as they Know they can take as many penalties as needed because ( our lack of goals on our PP )

The other Barrie motivation many forget - They are bidding to host the Memorial Cup next year and part of the bid is - having a strong team this year - to build on next year.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down