Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am glad we are the underdog -

4 posters

Go down

I am glad we are the underdog -  Empty I am glad we are the underdog -

Post by Gens Camper Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Barrie to me is stronger in net and on the power play - 2 playoff keys

The ONLY way to beat this team - stay out of the box - no retaliation - get in front of their net on the power play

IF we win it will be 6 games - with a split in the next 2

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

I am glad we are the underdog -  Empty Re: I am glad we are the underdog -

Post by steamed Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 pm

We were only 4 points behind them in the standings, and we played them pertty tuff games could of gone either way
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

I am glad we are the underdog -  Empty The real playoffs start now

Post by Gens Camper Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:49 pm

We were only 4 points behind them - BUT unless we can fix our power play - turn the other cheek and have stellar goaltending - it will be a battle

If you had to pick 1 team as the favourite and 1 as the underdog - I would rather be the underdog even if it is slight

We need several players to step up their play ( unless they are hurt )

Barrie handled Kingston with ease - for us it was a battle vs Dogs

I am not saying we can't do it - BUT we need a supreme effort from everyone - this is when the real deal starts

We got by Niagara without playing our best and that won't happen now

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 pm

I agree that the Generals are the underdog in this series, but not by a huge margin. Like most have been saying they finished just four points behind Barrie and all the games between the two teams where close games. However Barrie's PP has been clicking, ours hasn't, that could be a factor if it continues. I see Barrie's goalie being able to steal a series I don't see the Gens goalie being able to do that, although he is a very good goalie. I think the Gens need to have all their lines clicking and they need to stay out of the box to have success.

In response to the comment about Barrie breezing by Kingston & the Generals having a bit of trouble with Niagara. I think anytime playing Niagara would have had some trouble solely based on the size of their arena. It's tough to adjust to. Niagara was significantly better then Kingston as well. Had they had a better goalie, they probably would of finished 4th or 5th and advanced to the 2nd round. The majority of their team also went to the OHL final last year, granted most guys weren't integral parts of that squad, the playoff experience they got was huge. Kingston was a young, inexperienced team with no real superstars like a Ritchie or Strome. An well if it means anything Belleville, arguably the best team in the OHL struggled with 8th place Missisauga at times I don't think that makes them any worse as a team. Losing a game or two in the playoffs
Builds character, your not gonna win them all an you need to face some adversity on your run to the mem cup.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Watching only 4 games(I live in Kingston) I wonder where the Gens would be without Daniel Altshuler. Two observations from my four games. The supporting cast in oshawa is not as skilled and Barrie is missing two of their top players and they still won. It is about the name on the front of the jersey. These refs have been terrible for years. Once the OHA/OHL was a training ground for the NHL jobs as officials. Not now. My heart is still with Oshawa. Get a win Friday night and things will work out.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:56 pm

the croc wrote:Watching only 4 games(I live in Kingston) I wonder where the Gens would be without Daniel Altshuler. Two observations from my four games. The supporting cast in oshawa is not as skilled and Barrie is missing two of their top players and they still won. It is about the name on the front of the jersey. These refs have been terrible for years. Once the OHA/OHL was a training ground for the NHL jobs as officials. Not now. My heart is still with Oshawa. Get a win Friday night and things will work out.

Yeah it's like saying where would Belleville be without Subban,Barrie without Niederberger,Owen Sound without Binnington etc....I'll give Barrie a little edge advantage in net, but I think we are a little deeper on forward, even on defence, that loss yesterday was a result of bad habits that the Gen's were fighting all year they don't play 60 minutes and they take way too many stupid penalties. I never thought the Gen's would take then in 4 games but yesterdays game was a gimmie as 2 Barrie players are suspended now 1 returns for the next game. Couple of players were banged up and will have time to rest. Barrie will be better prepared for Fridays game so I do hope the Gens play 60 minutes & don't take stupid penalties Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down