Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Predictions...

+16
djw
#1gensfan38
mygens
LX
Oshawa fan
5forfighting
Gens Camper
archer_gens
gmc 118
Gensfan1
Macker88
KHE
jaycro
mcintyre
TipcoSr
steamed
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Predictions... Empty Trade Predictions...

Post by steamed Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I was surfing the net as another Christmas is over and need some OHL news (Gens) and came round to this prediction from ohl prospects site,make sence would make that trade but something tells me we will get out bided...
Derek Mathers
At this point, you'd have to assume Peterborough is accepting calls on any player they have. That includes their scrapper, behemoth Derek Mathers. Mathers is a Flyers draft pick, and he's likely in his last season in the OHL before going to the AHL or ECHL to beat up on some people (without fear of suspension). But Mathers is still a fairly valuable OHL player who could help to protect his teammates and provide physicality from a checking line. If he's available, I think there would be several teams interested, as long as the price is not incredibly high. I look at a team like Oshawa, who have some younger players playing roles on their checking line. They also have some of the most physical star players in the league (Jenner, Laughton, Biggs), who are sometimes forced to protect themselves for the hits they lay out. Could Oshawa use someone like Mathers to provide security? Same could be said for Guelph, or even London (although does London really have room for Mathers?).
Prediction: Mathers goes to Oshawa (with Seymour) in exchange for a 3rd round draft pick and Will Petschenig

Clark Seymour
A draft pick of the Penguins last year (kind of a surprise, off the board pick), Seymour is part of the leadership group in Peterborough. He plays a ton of minutes and is a big physical, shut down type of guy. He is a '93, which means he could play in the AHL next year. But I don't see the Pens signing him yet and I think he'll play his overage year in the O. So he's a nice investment for a team looking to improve their defense for the next year and a half. For the reason, I think he generates a lot of interest. He's sort of one of those unsung types. Not a lot of fan fare, but he gets the job done. Oshawa has long rumoured to be searching for depth on defense. I could see Barrie jumping in on him too. In the West, he'd look good in Plymouth and in Kitchener (where they have lots of depth, but could use another veteran presence).
Prediction: Seymour is packaged with Mathers to Oshawa for a 3rd and Will Petschenig
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Trade Predictions... Empty Re: Trade Predictions...

Post by TipcoSr Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 am

We don't want either of them

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am

I agree...Mathers is not the answer...Sabourin brings everything Mathers brings and alot more...I think a gritty high compete guy that can play 3rd line and move up when needed is of more value..

Look at the Top 6 (when LL is back)

DC Boone Biggs
LL Laughton Sabourin

Any new addition will push either an Uvira or Morbeck down to the 4th line unless a forward is moved in exchange?...Neither Uvira or Morbeck will be happy be a 4th liner on DJ Smith team getting 5 mins a game.....someone will have to be moved out to make room for:

Josh Leivo
or Tyler Graovac

Just thinking out loud!!!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:33 am

Gen's can only afford players like Mathers, Seymour, Sefton as it wouldn't $$$ toomuch,and any top 6 forward or top 4 Dman will cost the Gen's and that don't make sense.In Mathers it adds tuffness you may say we have Sabourin but this kid can score as well as fight and in Seymour, Sefton adds vet depth on Dman,I expect the Gen's will make a trade that for players in the mold of Mathers, Seymour, Sefton.15 days till trading deadline.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:16 pm

I agree with steamed that the Gens don't have the draft picks or quality younger players that will get much more than the Petes' players but, I would prefer the Leivo/Sefton combo over the Mathers/Seymour duo. The Gens still need a scoring winger and Leivo would provide that whereas Mather really doesn't. We'll see.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 pm

You guys seem to think that Oshawa has no draft picks to deal. Their cupboard is not empty whatsoever.

Have a look
http://www.intheoradio.com/oshpicks

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

In my opinion the Generals need to go for it all this season. They lose arguably 5 of their top 6 forwards in all likelyhood next season. Lessio (AHL/NHL), Jenner (NHL), Biggs (AHL), Sabourin (OA), Uvira (teams dont keep OA Imports usually). On top of that they'll lose their top 3 defensemen in Petgrave (OA), Schemitsch (OA) and Sullentrop (Likely AHL). It doesn't make sense to stand still at the deadline when next season will be a rebuilding season regardless. As guys like McDade, Buehler, Latour, Urbanic, Llyod, Morebeck, Hughes and Smith have made little impact offensively. Even a guy like Cole Cassels has stuggled offensively this season. Not to mention their D-Core will be extremely young and without a leader. Brown, Carlisle and Hore have played admirably this season as 4,5,6 guys but as 1,2,3 guys the team would not be a playoff contender.
This is why I feel with a couple trades this team could be an OHL power house, as no team in the East is unbeatable as has been the case in past seasons. When there were "super" teams in the conference. Ie Niagara last season and Barrie a couple seasons back (Yes I know we beat Niagara a couple times laste year). A couple trades with these types of feels to them should work out well for the team.

To Oshawa - Tyer Graovac, Michael Cajkovsky, Steven Janes
To Ottawa - Owen McDade, Scott Sabourin, 3rd in 2014, 4th in 2013 and 5th in 2014.
Moving Sabourin opens an OA spot for Cajkovsky, while adding Janes simply replaces Sabourin up front. Adding Graovac adds a top 6 scoring forward who would thrive playing with Jenner or Laughton as well as Lessio or Biggs. We move McDade a promising prospect but an Ottawa area player which makes it likely Ottawa would have interest. Sabourin a good character OA forward but who takes bad penalties at bad times. Yes we lose a "fighter" but how many fights do you see in the playoffs. Picks are Picks sure sometimes they work out.. but Id trade sometimes for a Mem Cup.

A similar premisce of a trade -

To Oshawa - Alan Quine, Peter Ceresnak and Francis Menard
To Peterborough - Matt Hore, Tyler Hore, Scott Sabourin and 2 Mid Round Picks
To acquire Menard we'd have to open an OA spot and with Peterborough likely moving Mathers at the deadline I'm sure they'd be open to having Sabourin come into provide scoring an protection to the youner players. They'd also recieve the Hore Brothers who would be under there control for another 3 years as well as two solid picks. We'd add Alan Quine who could Center the 2nd line an move Laughton to the wing, were he played early in his career with the Gens. We had a vertean defensive defensemen in Ceresnak who would be coming off a World Jr preformance for Slovakia as well as Peteboroughs Leading scorer in Menard.

I feel like adding a veteran backup wouldnt be a bad idea as Appleby is umproven if Daniel goes down. As well as adding a vetean low key defensemen would be nice for depth.

Potential Lineup

Graovac - Jenner - Biggs
Lessio - Laughton - Dal Colle
Janes - Cassels - Uvira
Llyod- Hughes - Morebeck
Latour, Urbanic, Buheler (extras)

Petgrave - Schemitsch
Cajkovsky - Sullentrop
Brown - Carlisle

Or

Menard - Jenner - Biggs
Laughton - Quine - Lessio
Dal Colle - Cassels - Uvira
Llyod - Hughes - Morebeck
Latour, Urbanic, Buehler (extras)

Petgrave - Schemitsch
Ceresank - Sullentrop
Brown - Carlisle

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan1 Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:12 pm

First off, Peterborough will NEVER! Make a trade with us. Second off, think out side our division or even out of our conference maybe look at Dalton young from the Saginaw Spirt, he is putting up good numbers and has another season left so we would have to give up a o/a spot this year. Now I would not mind a trade with ottawa but I dont see the gens giving up Sabourin and I dont see them giving up McDade. I could see us trading Kelly Summers ( who as already commited to going to the NCAA next year ), Patrick McCarron ( 34 GP 8 G 32 A 42 pts with St Michaels of the OJHL ), Cory Caruso ( 20 GP 15 G 17 A 32 PTS with Hamilton Huskies of the Alliance Hockey League AAA ). So we do have the prospects to offer up if we want to go after it this year and we do have the picks as well

Macker88 wrote:In my opinion the Generals need to go for it all this season. They lose arguably 5 of their top 6 forwards in all likelyhood next season. Lessio (AHL/NHL), Jenner (NHL), Biggs (AHL), Sabourin (OA), Uvira (teams dont keep OA Imports usually). On top of that they'll lose their top 3 defensemen in Petgrave (OA), Schemitsch (OA) and Sullentrop (Likely AHL). It doesn't make sense to stand still at the deadline when next season will be a rebuilding season regardless. As guys like McDade, Buehler, Latour, Urbanic, Llyod, Morebeck, Hughes and Smith have made little impact offensively. Even a guy like Cole Cassels has stuggled offensively this season. Not to mention their D-Core will be extremely young and without a leader. Brown, Carlisle and Hore have played admirably this season as 4,5,6 guys but as 1,2,3 guys the team would not be a playoff contender.
This is why I feel with a couple trades this team could be an OHL power house, as no team in the East is unbeatable as has been the case in past seasons. When there were "super" teams in the conference. Ie Niagara last season and Barrie a couple seasons back (Yes I know we beat Niagara a couple times laste year). A couple trades with these types of feels to them should work out well for the team.

To Oshawa - Tyer Graovac, Michael Cajkovsky, Steven Janes
To Ottawa - Owen McDade, Scott Sabourin, 3rd in 2014, 4th in 2013 and 5th in 2014.
Moving Sabourin opens an OA spot for Cajkovsky, while adding Janes simply replaces Sabourin up front. Adding Graovac adds a top 6 scoring forward who would thrive playing with Jenner or Laughton as well as Lessio or Biggs. We move McDade a promising prospect but an Ottawa area player which makes it likely Ottawa would have interest. Sabourin a good character OA forward but who takes bad penalties at bad times. Yes we lose a "fighter" but how many fights do you see in the playoffs. Picks are Picks sure sometimes they work out.. but Id trade sometimes for a Mem Cup.

A similar premisce of a trade -

To Oshawa - Alan Quine, Peter Ceresnak and Francis Menard
To Peterborough - Matt Hore, Tyler Hore, Scott Sabourin and 2 Mid Round Picks
To acquire Menard we'd have to open an OA spot and with Peterborough likely moving Mathers at the deadline I'm sure they'd be open to having Sabourin come into provide scoring an protection to the youner players. They'd also recieve the Hore Brothers who would be under there control for another 3 years as well as two solid picks. We'd add Alan Quine who could Center the 2nd line an move Laughton to the wing, were he played early in his career with the Gens. We had a vertean defensive defensemen in Ceresnak who would be coming off a World Jr preformance for Slovakia as well as Peteboroughs Leading scorer in Menard.

I feel like adding a veteran backup wouldnt be a bad idea as Appleby is umproven if Daniel goes down. As well as adding a vetean low key defensemen would be nice for depth.

Potential Lineup

Graovac - Jenner - Biggs
Lessio - Laughton - Dal Colle
Janes - Cassels - Uvira
Llyod- Hughes - Morebeck
Latour, Urbanic, Buheler (extras)

Petgrave - Schemitsch
Cajkovsky - Sullentrop
Brown - Carlisle

Or

Menard - Jenner - Biggs
Laughton - Quine - Lessio
Dal Colle - Cassels - Uvira
Llyod - Hughes - Morebeck
Latour, Urbanic, Buehler (extras)

Petgrave - Schemitsch
Ceresank - Sullentrop
Brown - Carlisle
Gensfan1
Gensfan1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 pm

I know it's unlikely Peterborough makes a trade with us, but given Thowey's past with the team if at anytime it was possible now would be the time. Although I do think a trade with Ottawa, Sudbury, Saginaw, or Soo Sault Marie is more likely. We could target, Sefton or Corrado on D and Levio up front from Sudbury. Trocheck or Ross up front or Young on D from Saginaw or possibly David Broll or Nick Cousins up front and Ryan Sproul on D from the Soo. There are also guys on playoff bound teams that are destination to leave the O next season that are probably available. I know Niagara is doing well but it's possible they do a complete over haul knowing Hamilton, Strome and Ritchie are gone next season. Same goes with Stuart Percy from Mississauga, and Saverio Posa from Windsor

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Just a reminder that only 1st round 16 year olds can get traded in their first year so Summers and McDade cannot be moved this year....

95s are the hot commodity at deadline day

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:26 pm

mcintyre wrote:Just a reminder that only 1st round 16 year olds can get traded in their first year so Summers and McDade cannot be moved this year....

95s are the hot commodity at deadline day

You are wrong anyone can get traded in there 1st year only 1st round picks have rules when they can be traded, the rest is fare game..
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:48 pm

[quote="Gensfan1"]. Now I would not mind a trade with ottawa but I dont see the gens giving up Sabourin and I dont see them giving up McDade. I could see us trading Kelly Summers ( who as already commited to going to the NCAA next year ), Patrick McCarron ( 34 GP 8 G 32 A 42 pts with St Michaels of the OJHL ), Cory Caruso ( 20 GP 15 G 17 A 32 PTS with Hamilton Huskies of the Alliance Hockey League AAA ). So we do have the prospects to offer up if we want to go after it this year and we do have the picks as well

quote]

Just 1 problem you said you could see trading Kelly Summers but if he has commited to NCAA what would another team would want him as part of a package if so confused
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan1 Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 pm

[quote="steamed"]
Gensfan1 wrote:. Now I would not mind a trade with ottawa but I dont see the gens giving up Sabourin and I dont see them giving up McDade. I could see us trading Kelly Summers ( who as already commited to going to the NCAA next year ), Patrick McCarron ( 34 GP 8 G 32 A 42 pts with St Michaels of the OJHL ), Cory Caruso ( 20 GP 15 G 17 A 32 PTS with Hamilton Huskies of the Alliance Hockey League AAA ). So we do have the prospects to offer up if we want to go after it this year and we do have the picks as well

quote]

Just 1 problem you said you could see trading Kelly Summers but if he has commited to NCAA what would another team would want him as part of a package if so confused

Its just like the morbeck trade. Each team in the OHL needs to have certian amount of players listed ( Both Roster & Prospects ).
Gensfan1
Gensfan1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Its time for this team to do something,with the players we are gonna lose next year, this is the year we try and make a run. How about cody ceci and sean monahan for michael dal colle and will petschenig and picks. I know michael is gonna be the real deal. Next year we can trade monahan for a prospect and a pick.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 am

First of all, I would not trade Dal Colle in any deal. He is the second coming of Jenner. I like the trade proposal put forth by Macker88 with Ottawa but what he is suggesting simply would not cut it. McDade is not a roster player. He is a call-up to get us through a player shortage over the holiday break. Like his future but he's played no or minimal OHL minutes so Sabourin for Janes is a trade-off and Ottawa would not give up Graovac and Cajkovsky for McDade and some 3rds. I think we tend to overvalue our players. Might make the Peterborough trade but again, we are not giving up much for Quine, Ceresnak and Menard. The Hores are middle round and undrafted players and Sabourin and Menard are two peas in a pod so you think the Gens are going to get Quine, a former 1st rounder for the brothers...don't think so. We only have one 2nd rounder in the next three years and 95s are in high demand. If we gave up that 2nd, it would be a tough re-build as the only guaranteed (almost) players to make it are 1st and 2nd rounders and we would not have any of the latter. We don't have a lot to give without decimating the team as it stands now and Twohey is not renowned for making great trades. Just ask around Petes Land! I like the moves suggested above except the Mathers deal. Still like the Leivo/Sefton package but I'm not sure we have the "bullets" to close the deal. We'll know in a couple of weeks.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:46 am

Further to the above, there is speculation that Khoklachev is returning to the Windsor Spitfires after Christmas and some are suggesting he might be traded to Oshawa, if he is traded at all! BUT, I would not give up what is being suggested such as Altshuller and Cassels etc. In their dreams!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Just read that Gens signed Manchurek today...that is a stock pile of forwards being brought in...Wallace, Mcdade, Manchurek, Bueler...with the 14 Fs we have on the roster, we're now at 18 Fs

So these moves are for next year OR..there is a trade coming and one or two of these guys will fill holes after January 10

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

I think the former as they will be lucky to ice 11 forwards this weekend.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Not sure they are signing Wallace as he hasn't been added to the roster yet ; the Gens site said the Manchurek signing was more geared to next year and I think McDade and Buehler are filling holes till all the missing players return. Should be a rookie-laden line-up for this weekend's games. That could be a little scary but most of them won't get on the ice unless it's a blowout!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 pm

mcintyre wrote:Just read that Gens signed Manchurek today...that is a stock pile of forwards being brought in...Wallace, Mcdade, Manchurek, Bueler...with the 14 Fs we have on the roster, we're now at 18 Fs

So these moves are for next year OR..there is a trade coming and one or two of these guys will fill holes after January 10

I thing there is a trade coming why sign him know it's not like they have to there must be something happenig at the deadline or prior to Jan 10th.
PS: and just for those people that don't have the OHL package or Rogers the OHL is giving us a free Livestream Dec 28 & 29 the code is on the site cheers
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 pm

steamed wrote:
mcintyre wrote:Just read that Gens signed Manchurek today...that is a stock pile of forwards being brought in...Wallace, Mcdade, Manchurek, Bueler...with the 14 Fs we have on the roster, we're now at 18 Fs

I thing there is a trade coming why sign him know it's not like they have to there must be something happenig at the deadline or prior to Jan 10th.
PS: and just for those people that don't have the OHL package or Rogers the OHL is giving us a free Livestream Dec 28 & 29 the code is on the site cheers

OHL Boards are a "buzz" about a trade with the Spits for Koklachev coming to the Gens...maybe Manchurek is a local kid that Warren Rychel wants included in this deal??? He may be part of a package to bring Koko to the Gens...(after all we do have an import spot available)

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 pm

What boards?
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 am

Manchurek with the game winner tonight and an assist, pretty good debut if ya ask me, go gens go!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:34 am

Why??? I think we need anything but centers, so unless Jenner or Laughton are leaving I don't get it
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 pm

steamed wrote:What boards?

www.hfboards.com is where the rumour is, its in the windsor spitfires thread. Its just some clown from windsor dreaming up a trade, since khokhlachev is not returning to his club team in russia and expected to report to windsor.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next