Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Predictions...

+16
djw
#1gensfan38
mygens
LX
Oshawa fan
5forfighting
Gens Camper
archer_gens
gmc 118
Gensfan1
Macker88
KHE
jaycro
mcintyre
TipcoSr
steamed
20 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Predictions... - Page 5 Empty Re: Trade Predictions...

Post by mygens Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am

i agree with GMC 118 , earlier remark , the future is now !! btw no way they move sabourin ! he's having a great year , and you never get proper compensation for an overage , especially half way thru the season !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 am

why would the Petes bring in czinder ? from kitchener , unless MATHERS is on the way out next , trade him to a contender to reward him for good service , perhaps ?

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 pm

well another potential veteran D , goes by the way side as sefton goes to London

guys I really hope Thowey is not counting on our D to get the job done , not going to happen , we need help everyone knows it , perhaps hes working on something bigger , meanwhile options are fading fast ????

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Earlier in this thread, I said, 'Twohey is not a mover and a shaker'. Another cliche which applies here is: Some people make things happen, while others say 'what happened'?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:14 pm

like i said before, if no trades are made then this team wont make it past the 2nd rd.

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 pm

BIGGSTIMEGENSFAN wrote:like i said before, if no trades are made then this team wont make it past the 2nd rd.

So I guess you are saying they will make it past the first round as is?

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm

maybe....they better start finding others to score cause the only one scoring right now vs. a very beatable 67's team is the player we are going to lose to the nhl......So yeah 1st if thier lucky and find others who can score......

p.s - hearing this rumour now.....Vince Trochek to Plymouth..

Sooooooo another one bites the dust!!!! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 pm

I think Gens have their sites on Quine....he can be had for a fair price and will be a top 6 guy that should produce in the right environment..

Peterborough is becoming desperate as the clocks ticks...watch Twohey pull this one off..!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

I HEAR CRICKETS............................................ silent

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am

Its quiet everywhere...does that mean the OHL office is busy registering deals?

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:26 pm

I've always thought this Gens team was good but not great, nor good enough to get past two playoff rounds as BIGGSTIMEGENSFAN Has stated. They lack 'snipers' or genuine goal scorers as evidenced by last night. Against a weak Ottawa team they are hard-pressed to score two goals, one an empty netter. They need, as stated above, a 'shut-down' defenceman and a sniper. Without them it'll be a short playoff season. Quine would do as a minimum but he was always overrated and I get the impression from Petes fans that he's a bit of a slacker.The only one left to fill our needs is Strome and he is out of our league pricewise. Standing still with what's been going on around us the last few days means we are moving backwards!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 pm

jaycro wrote:I've always thought this Gens team was good but not great, nor good enough to get past two playoff rounds as BIGGSTIMEGENSFAN Has stated. They lack 'snipers' or genuine goal scorers as evidenced by last night. Against a weak Ottawa team they are hard-pressed to score two goals, one an empty netter. They need, as stated above, a 'shut-down' defenceman and a sniper. Without them it'll be a short playoff season. Quine would do as a minimum but he was always overrated and I get the impression from Petes fans that he's a bit of a slacker.The only one left to fill our needs is Strome and he is out of our league pricewise. Standing still with what's been going on around us the last few days means we are moving backwards!

If Quine is not the ideal...maybe we have to turn our sites on Ritchie from Niagara....it would cost us more and Niagara wants young players as they are re-building ground up...

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

The real big problem with last night was so many players coming back at once. 3 coming from Russia, Petgrave from a broken arm, etc.... They need time to gel again. With that said dont expect Lessio's first game back to look like the way he was earlier in the year. Also the team is probably worried, with the deadline today, and the possibility of two of the team leaders going to the NHL. We do need a shut down guy, Brown is scaring me every time he touches the puck because I'm waiting for the turnover. We'll see how the day goes.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm

with Lessio back , this team has plenty of offense , we dont need quine , we need a D man that has a shot from the point , which is why i wanted ceci , that didnt happen , with all the trades doesnt look like we are going to get one , we missed the boat AGAIN , addressing what we needed .
Cassels was the guy we cold have moved , hes playing better this year , next year he could be better , i guess the gens organization , didnt want to move him .
based what other teams got for the D they gave up , cassels would have been enough , with perhaps a draft choice thrown in ..........

I'm very disapointed ...........AGAIN !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:56 pm

this team we have works hard generally ( save for last nights shitty effort ) the team spirit seems good , if Quine comes with attitude , why would we want him in the dressing room ?????? didnt we suffer enough last year with that type of dissension ????

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:58 pm

jaycro , REGRETTABLY, YOURE OBVIOUSLY RIGHT ABOUT OUR GM !!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Defense wins championships , we have the goalie that could have taken us a long way , our front lines can fly and score when all healthy , our D IS GOING TO BE OUR DOWNFALL , you need at least 4 stud D men to go the distance , more the better , we only have 3 , down the stretch, injuries , suspensions , you just cant have enough quality D .........and as it sits now ..........WE DONT !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:07 pm

I beginning to think twohey's gone on vacation........................

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm

The Gens got better last night with Petgrave back and will improve again with Lessio.

I agree about the need for another D but if the price is too high then it cannot be done.

I think it is far too early to judge the GM. He needs 3 years to put his mark on the team. He does not need to make a move in desperation (i.e. move Del Colle).

None of us have any clue what deals have been on the table. Twohey was not left with a stockpile of draft choices to trade.

If no moves are made the Gens are still a front runner if Lessio comes back and Niagara and Barrie lose players to the NHL and the Gens do not.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Twohey is going to be in a no win situation(sp) ,he is being criticized for not making a trade of value,and if he does make a trade he will be criticized giving up to much for the player. Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Jeff Twohey tweeted around 6:15 last night that he wasn't optimistic of any trades getting done.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 pm

It feels like the days of brian burke and the leafs............total silence!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:The Gens got better last night with Petgrave back and will improve again with Lessio.

I agree about the need for another D but if the price is too high then it cannot be done.

I think it is far too early to judge the GM. He needs 3 years to put his mark on the team. He does not need to make a move in desperation (i.e. move Del Colle).

None of us have any clue what deals have been on the table. Twohey was not left with a stockpile of draft choices to trade.

If no moves are made the Gens are still a front runner if Lessio comes back and Niagara and Barrie lose players to the NHL and the Gens do not.

That is not true .... as of right now, the Gens have 17 picks this year, 16 in 2014, 16 in 2015, 14 in 2016, 16 in 2017 and 15 in 2018.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm

How many second and third round picks are included as those are the ones taht are needed to acquire the players they need?

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:36 pm

D - MAN Slater Koekkoek off to windsor for way under market value.....

Sundays game should be intresting, spits just picked up a stud!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next