Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Predictions...

+16
djw
#1gensfan38
mygens
LX
Oshawa fan
5forfighting
Gens Camper
archer_gens
gmc 118
Gensfan1
Macker88
KHE
jaycro
mcintyre
TipcoSr
steamed
20 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Predictions... - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Predictions...

Post by mygens Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:05 pm

i predict the gens will find a vet defenseman who can shoot the puck , everyone knows i hope for Ceci , but wouldnt part with dal coll to get him , but i would give up cassels , why not this team is not going to compete for at least 3 more years after this year , and frankly cassels is never going to be a big goal scorer , in my opinion . this team better learn to play D because next year we will have trouble scoring goals . ottawa , might want Cassels cuz his dad was a 67 in the 80 ;s and a big scorer back then !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

the gens dont need anymore forwrds , once everyone is back , unless LESSIO ids not coming back ?........we need D , you cant have enough D in the playoffs !!!! we have the goaltender !!!!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:12 pm

If the Gens add a D-man they will have depth everywhere but goal. I really think we need a backup if we are going to make a run. I think Appleby has potential but I see a first round knockout coming if Altshuller gets injured.

If the organization is serious about a run, I really hope they bring us in a back up.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 pm

archer_gens wrote:If the Gens add a D-man they will have depth everywhere but goal. I really think we need a backup if we are going to make a run. I think Appleby has potential but I see a first round knockout coming if Altshuller gets injured.

If the organization is serious about a run, I really hope they bring us in a back up.

I totally agree arch...if Altshuller gets injured we do not have the back up to make a legitimate run for the cup.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 pm

So scratch Graovac off the list of potential high end players on the market. I am still convinced that a shut down D is our priority to add some depth down the stretch once we have Petgrave back this week. Someone like Percy or Dimelo from Mississauga ??

I think Latours trade value may have increased and even Urbanic may be pieces that could be offered (with mid round picks)...we seem to have a ton of new forwards in the fold for next year..

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Winning the division and grabbing (at least) the 2nd seed just got a bit more difficult with Belleville adding Graovac.

At least he's not having an immediate impact for them or anything. Laughing (The Graovac/Gaunce/Brassard combo has 4 goals so far tonight with both assists going to the other 2 forwards on that line every time).

I think another puzzle piece on D would be beneficial for the Gens, as would an experienced back-up G, just in case.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 am

I have a sneaking feeling that we will make a move very soon...it may already be done and just waiting on the league office to open on Monday...with Belleville getting in the game today...I'm sure Twohey will want to counter right away...there's no reason why we shouldnt finish ahead of Belleville..lets get it done!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:53 am

the gens should try and get cody ceci from ottawa just imo i think he'd be a good fit here for the gens depends what ottawa would want for him.

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 am

is there any good backup goalies available that wont cost alot cause i can't think of any names right now.

#1gensfan38

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:06 pm

#1gensfan38 wrote:is there any good backup goalies available that wont cost alot cause i can't think of any names right now.

Not alot out their, maybe Andrew d'agostini from peterboro or Keegan Wilson from Guelph. Looking at the Rosters of other teams, dont see anything else.
But if we lose Boone Jenner to Columbus do we sell?
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 pm

I think that the player the Gen's are looking(at) for will not be affected by the NHL coming back,as we are not going after top end guys,Booner will get a call up but will be sent down, this is my opinion(let's hope).talks are happening tomorrow as where the deadline is moved back I think it will.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

gmc 118 wrote:
#1gensfan38 wrote:is there any good backup goalies available that wont cost alot cause i can't think of any names right now.

Not alot out their, maybe Andrew d'agostini from peterboro or Keegan Wilson from Guelph. Looking at the Rosters of other teams, dont see anything else.
But if we lose Boone Jenner to Columbus do we sell?

Why would they be sellers if they lose Boone, as I mentioned in another thread, last time I checked Boone wasn't the team. This was proven over the last few weeks. Sure they didn't win them all, but you can't win them all ( unless your London). You still have Laughton, Lucas, uvria, cassels, dal cole, sabby and Biggs. Not to shabby.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Gen's will not make a block buster trade,I can see we could tinker though by adding a Euro, a vet forward or a vet Dman also I can see trading Appleby and don't get me wrong I think he is going to be a good OHL goalie but won't get his chane on till his last season,The goalie I'm thinking we get and only because of being a vet comes from Kitchener and it's not Gibson Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm

Palazzese is one of the top goalies in the league (statistically speaking). I don't think he's much, if any, better than Altshuller. He's not happy as a Gibson backup and wouldn't be happy here, nor would Altshuller if they reversed roles. We won't be seeing him. The rest of your post I'm in total agreement with!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:11 pm

what about jake patterson from the knights as a backup to altshuller since the knights just signed a gaolie today from the ncaa,what do u guys think.

#1gensfan38

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 pm

I would take that.....I like that, all we need is somebody to the equilivant or better to altshuller as a back up for a long run, bottem line is, we lose altshuller and we are done,no ands,ifs, or buts...

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 pm

ya i would to .

#1gensfan38

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

I understand everyones concern with not having a capable backup, dont get me wrong I think its something we need to adress, but I don't see Jake Patterson becoming a General. If anything I could see Mississauga dealing Tyson Teichmann or Ottawa dealing Clint Windsor. Another possible candidate is Joel Vienneau of Sudbury. I think they all come reasonably cheap, but Im thinking Austin Washkurak or Justin Tugwell would be involved, more so Washkurak, especially if he goes to Mississauga as he is already playing with the Steelheads OPJHL affilate in Mississuga.

If anything I see Jake Patterson going to Ottawa along with Brett Welchycka a Prospect Defensemen and some picks for Sean Monahan

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 pm

I don't have any concerns about Appleby ability to be a good OHL goalie but I can't see him in Oshawa to develop as we have a goalie that will play most of this season and a very good amount of next,so I think it would be a good idea in looking for a goalie that can play now and be disposible next as thats when you bring in a rookie goalie.because Appleby will still not have a chance to develop next year as we will still have our No.1 in net most games
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Macker88 wrote:I understand everyones concern with not having a capable backup, dont get me wrong I think its something we need to adress, but I don't see Jake Patterson becoming a General. If anything I could see Mississauga dealing Tyson Teichmann or Ottawa dealing Clint Windsor. Another possible candidate is Joel Vienneau of Sudbury. I think they all come reasonably cheap, but Im thinking Austin Washkurak or Justin Tugwell would be involved, more so Washkurak, especially if he goes to Mississauga as he is already playing with the Steelheads OPJHL affilate in Mississuga.

If anything I see Jake Patterson going to Ottawa along with Brett Welchycka a Prospect Defensemen and some picks for Sean Monahan

Well you can cross Viennese off your list, pretty sure just read he was headed to Kitchener. As for teichmann, I'm not willing to bring in an oa goalie, unless we get rid of Petgrave because IMO sabby and Geoffrey are to valuable to lose. I still vote for Patterson.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 pm

my vote is for patterson also from the knights.

#1gensfan38

Back to top Go down

Trade Predictions... - Page 3 Empty I am glad we have a true - patient G M

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Our current G M is not about to trade the future for short term - like many of you think

Other teams are giving up more than our G M is willing to - Trades have to help both teams

I am not willing to give up a player with 3 yrs of Junior for 3 months of junior

We have a middle of the road team that has played at our above expectations due to GREAT coaching

IF We lose our Captain - the heart of our team - make no mistake about it - it will hurt

Yes We have played great for the last month - BUT this won't continue

Kingston is getting better - Bulls are improving

OH Please stop asking for a back up goalie - who will just sit on the bench -

You only go as far as your goalie and few OHL teams have 2 top goalies

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Our current G M is not about to trade the future for short term - like many of you think

Other teams are giving up more than our G M is willing to - Trades have to help both teams

I am not willing to give up a player with 3 yrs of Junior for 3 months of junior

We have a middle of the road team that has played at our above expectations due to GREAT coaching

IF We lose our Captain - the heart of our team - make no mistake about it - it will hurt

Yes We have played great for the last month - BUT this won't continue

Kingston is getting better - Bulls are improving

OH Please stop asking for a back up goalie - who will just sit on the bench -

You only go as far as your goalie and few OHL teams have 2 top goalies

You honestly feel that a healthy Generals team is a "middle of the road team". Seriously?? I have not seen a game this year at the GMC where Oshawa has been outplayed. Not ONE... they have lost some games at the GMC obviously however I haven't left a game this year where I thought we would lose a 7 game series to a team. A healthy Generals team is the best team in the Eastern Conference.. I honestly believe that.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:15 pm

The Gens are a very hard working team who can play with anyone in the league. I strongly believe that when they get back to a full roster (including Jenner staying), they only need a stud defencemen and a backup goalie. Our scoring will be fine with the full roster. A stud defencemen would enhance the backend and give the forwards more 'give and go'. Our goalie is one of the best in the league. We do need a backup incase he gets the flu, injured, etc. I don't care what is brought in, if Altshuller goes down, so do the Gens.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm glad the GM is not making trades unless he likes the deal. The Gens have been in the mix but have not pulled the trigger. Twohey is holding firm for the right deal if it comes along.

Patience is the key. There is always next year or the year after that. Twohey is in this for the long haul.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next