Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Predictions...

+16
djw
#1gensfan38
mygens
LX
Oshawa fan
5forfighting
Gens Camper
archer_gens
gmc 118
Gensfan1
Macker88
KHE
jaycro
mcintyre
TipcoSr
steamed
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Predictions... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trade Predictions...

Post by steamed Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:05 pm

gmc 118 wrote:
steamed wrote:What boards?

www.hfboards.com is where the rumour is, its in the windsor spitfires thread. Its just some clown from windsor dreaming up a trade, since khokhlachev is not returning to his club team in russia and expected to report to windsor.

This guy from Windsor is dreaming giving up Altshuller must of been in his dream but Cassels may be what it takes as part of a package for khokhlachev and +'s
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 pm

The only thing I thought might have some "legs" on the Khoklachev rumour was the fact that we had a Euro spot available and were looking for a solid second line winger...I never thought for one minute Altshuller would be in play...I also doubt Cassels..Windsor wants 95s and 96s for the 2014 run

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 pm

mcintyre wrote:The only thing I thought might have some "legs" on the Khoklachev rumour was the fact that we had a Euro spot available and were looking for a solid second line winger...I never thought for one minute Altshuller would be in play...I also doubt Cassels..Windsor wants 95s and 96s for the 2014 run

Thats exactly why cassels is in play, he is a 95. If we could get a deal done with cassels and some other pieces, its a trade i would look at. Maybe its just me, but cassels has been a disappointment as our first round pick last year. No way are the gens dealing altshuller.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Your right gmc118 there is NO way the gens trade Altshuller but I can see Appleby(sp) in the mix and don't laugh just think about it Altshuller will see most(all) of the action this year and next, getting a vet goalie included in a trade just incase of injury wouldn't be a bad idea,next season could bring up a rookie goalie as Appleby would be in his 3rd year in the O before he see's any serious playing time.but definatly Altshuller is not in play and all those Windsor fans that think it can keep dreaming.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm guessing Aidan Wallace is not signing with the Generals as there is no sign of him on the Gens roster. Probably why they brought Joe Manchurek up for the weekend. With the new injuries, they could use him.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Trade Predictions... - Page 2 Empty Trades - possibilities - Why ??

Post by Gens Camper Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:35 am

Teams wanting to trade with us - Ottawa wants Dal Colle - NO WAY

Trades at the deadline very seldom put you over the top - getting Lessio back will fill a big hole

We will not make a major trade and why would you give up a good prospect on de - like Will Pethscing

We will not be rebuilding next year - tired of that -

I want to be like London - reload not rebuild - draft right and you can be in the show every year

Why some of you want to trade away our young prospects puzzle me

As far as our Over agers go - I am more than satisfied - Sabourin has been a HUGE surprise this year - great heart a a true GEN

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:52 pm

I don't think anyone wants to trade our youngsters. We woul like to pick up some depth players who may not be 'A-grade', but 'B-grade' players who are a step up from most of our 3rd and 4th liners. As far as I'm concerned, Dal Colle and Altshuller are untouchables!

Last edited by jaycro on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Teams wanting to trade with us - Ottawa wants Dal Colle - NO WAY

Trades at the deadline very seldom put you over the top - getting Lessio back will fill a big hole

We will not make a major trade and why would you give up a good prospect on de - like Will Pethscing

We will not be rebuilding next year - tired of that -

I want to be like London - reload not rebuild - draft right and you can be in the show every year

Why some of you want to trade away our young prospects puzzle me

As far as our Over agers go - I am more than satisfied - Sabourin has been a HUGE surprise this year - great heart a a true GEN

Finally someone who is actually making sense! I've been sitting here thinking, why are we getting rid of Sabby. He's becoming one of our go to guys. I personally would love to turn the clock back and see what he would end up like had he been given a chance/ice time in the last 3 years. I can't understand why anyone would want to give up Tyler Hore who has walked on this team looking like a 2nd year guy. The team is playing fantastic, even with missing key guys. I can't wait to see what happens when guys return. The only puzzel piece I would like to see is a veteran goalie or a goalie who is good enough to back up Dan and/or relieve him from some playing time. I'm worried they are going to wear him out. I don't care what anyone says, IMO getting rid of Bails was a big mistake (we'd have 2 of the top 10 goalies in the league). I'd rather have had Bails and Dan then to have Petrgrave. I personally haven't noticed our d lacking with out him in the lineup (there hasn't been as many odd many rushes thats for sure). LOL i did ask some people if they noticed he was missing and one guy responded " Yeah I have no one to yell at now!".

I say grab a decent goalie for the smallest price we an pay and let it ride. Nothing can be as disappointing as last years "dream" team.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Bails had his years in Oshawa to prove himself but he didn't glad he is doing good in London,I rather have the 3 oa's we have,but your right we do need a vet back up not an oa,this is why hopefully we can package Appleby or swap because I can't see him getting sufficant time in net this year or next.
This is just a thought since Appleby is from North Bay and Brampton is going to North Bay next season maybe something could be worked out
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Package Appleby? He would be a throw in at best. I don't see a major trade but perhaps some minor tinkering. Our top two lines are pretty strong when everyone is healthy.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:37 pm

But we have so many injuries. Any word on when anyone will be back? I.e. Lessio and Petgrave.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm

End of January at the earliest, probably mid-February.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm just wondering why and this is not a knock against Twohey because I think he was a great hire but as of the past weekend Twohey is watching the u17 in Drummonville? shouldn't he be in OHL rinks looking at players avaiable or talking on the phone with other GM's,just curious.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Pretty sure Kyle Dubas the GM for the SOO was there as well. Perhaps he is looking at potential trades. Maybe he's looking for younger talent that he could possible make trades for.

OR maybe Twohey and the team aren't planning on making any block buster deals, so he's not that worried...........

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 pm

ok i think is my first posting for the year Smile the Gens organization hopefully realizes
this is the best position we have been in in a long while , in regards to making a run at the ohl championship , with petgrave and LESSIO back , baring any further injuries or long term suspensions, this team is as good as anybody in the league , save for ONE piece ....a vet defenseman that has a shot from the point , like say CODY CICE in Ottawa .

this piece has to be filed or we will just make a strong run , but fade in the end , next year we lose a lot , the team will be at the start of a full rebuild once again , just too many positions to fill .

my opinion is to do what it takes to get that D MAN , PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE THIS YEAR , GIVE US, THE LONG SUFFERING GENS FANS HERE A REAL REASON TO COME TO THE RINK AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM .

IF nothing is done in this regard , then it will tell me that this organization is just like the leafs , get good enough to make the playoffs , well thats not good enough for me , anymore !!!! , 83 , 87 , 90 ( win ) 97, all great years in the memorial cup , nothing since 97 ,.........16 years and counting

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

mygens wrote:ok i think is my first posting for the year Smile the Gens organization hopefully realizes
this is the best position we have been in in a long while , in regards to making a run at the ohl championship , with petgrave and LESSIO back , baring any further injuries or long term suspensions, this team is as good as anybody in the league , save for ONE piece ....a vet defenseman that has a shot from the point , like say CODY CICE in Ottawa .

this piece has to be filed or we will just make a strong run , but fade in the end , next year we lose a lot , the team will be at the start of a full rebuild once again , just too many positions to fill .

my opinion is to do what it takes to get that D MAN , PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE THIS YEAR , GIVE US, THE LONG SUFFERING GENS FANS HERE A REAL REASON TO COME TO THE RINK AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM .

IF nothing is done in this regard , then it will tell me that this organization is just like the leafs , get good enough to make the playoffs , well thats not good enough for me , anymore !!!! , 83 , 87 , 90 ( win ) 97, all great years in the memorial cup , nothing since 97 ,.........16 years and counting

Hear what your saying but you need 2 to tango,to get a top line Dman or forward you have to give up some assets,which I don't think we can without hurting the future.the most we are going to do is tinker which means we are not giving the future.remember you got to give something to get something.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 pm

i agree i doubt the gens will make any big moves on trade deadline day just need a nother dman and possibly a vetrean back up goalie for altshuller

#1gensfan38

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm

and also hopefully the gens can get lessio back soon and the rest of injured players when r they do back just wondering thx.

#1gensfan38

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:07 am

#1gensfan38 wrote:and also hopefully the gens can get lessio back soon and the rest of injured players when r they do back just wondering thx.

I talk with Petgrave on the weekend he said he is scheduled to be back play next week,as far as lessio heard the plan by the end of January and for as Lloyd, Carlie(sp) haven't heard there progress but did she them walking around the rink past weekend Hunter is end of January and Hore said by this weekend.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by #1gensfan38 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:20 am

ok cool thank you

#1gensfan38

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am

So another week and a bit and we'll be closer to a full team.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by djw Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 am

Another rumour on the Windsor site about interest in Oshawa for Windsor's 94 defencemen named Bowen.
A 94 d does makes sense so he could OA in 14/15. Don't know anyting about him though.

Also, seen leaving the GMC on Tuesday, a gentleman in a Knight's jacket and his clipboard.
Not sure what the Knight's would need from Oshawa, but I could name some Knight's that we could use!!

Just throwing this out there for discussion

If we were to trade Laughton for a solid D for this year, and picks / 95s / 96s to stock the cupbaord for the next 2 or 3 years, would you?

I really don't need to hear how good Laughton is, everyone knows it, it is obvious, and I am not suggesting we should trade him but he is a 94 likely to be back next year and to the right team in the west could land us enough for a legitimate shot at hosting the Memorial Cup.

djw

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:16 am

Don't know why the Gens would have any interest in Bowen. He's a spare part in Windsor, a 7th defenceman, who seldom dresses and when he does doesn't play much. He's a tough guy with some potential, that's it Club exec's who come to scout /visit the Gens don't wear team jackets while they are working, not even the scouts! Anyone wearing a team jacket and carrying a clipboard is probably involved in a hockey tourney or a peewee coach. Don't get too excited about either of the above. Besides, Windsor and London are always pushing their over-hyped leftovers on other teams in this league!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

jaycro wrote:Don't know why the Gens would have any interest in Bowen. He's a spare part in Windsor, a 7th defenceman, who seldom dresses and when he does doesn't play much. He's a tough guy with some potential, that's it Club exec's who come to scout /visit the Gens don't wear team jackets while they are working, not even the scouts! Anyone wearing a team jacket and carrying a clipboard is probably involved in a hockey tourney or a peewee coach. Don't get too excited about either of the above. Besides, Windsor and London are always pushing their over-hyped leftovers on other teams in this league!

Why so because he will come cheap..
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:30 pm

djw wrote:

Also, seen leaving the GMC on Tuesday, a gentleman in a Knight's jacket and his clipboard.
Not sure what the Knight's would need from Oshawa, but I could name some Knight's that we could use!!

There is a London scout who lives locally so nothing should be read into that.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next