Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Predictions...

+16
djw
#1gensfan38
mygens
LX
Oshawa fan
5forfighting
Gens Camper
archer_gens
gmc 118
Gensfan1
Macker88
KHE
jaycro
mcintyre
TipcoSr
steamed
20 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Predictions... - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Predictions...

Post by archer_gens Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

The OA deadline is tomorrow at noon like last year?

anyone?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 pm

We are 2 points out of 2nd in the conference BUT only 5 points from 8th place - that is Kingston

This week end we play the Petes that are playing better after a coaching change and Sun - it's Windsor

Both games without Jenner and Laughton

I like to be a realist - we are in the mix to finish 1 - 8 depending on IF Barrie - Niagara - GENS get their key players back

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Was Laughton confirmed, it sounded last I heard he was not going to camp.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Also camps are set to open Sunday, so I now feel like we will see both tomorrow night in the Gens lineup. Possibly Friday as well.

If anyone hears anything official I'm interested.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:41 pm

what future ? this team is going to implode next year we lose all the key guys , the future is now !!!!! we need another vet D , and a backup goalie , other wise , we a are not contenders and we lose next year too !

its absolutely crazy not to pad this lineaup this year !!!!! this is the best team we are going to have for at least 5 years if not more

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

mygens wrote:what future ? this team is going to implode next year we lose all the key guys , the future is now !!!!! we need another vet D , and a backup goalie , other wise , we a are not contenders and we lose next year too !

its absolutely crazy not to pad this lineaup this year !!!!! this is the best team we are going to have for at least 5 years if not more

Finally a gens fan who really sees this team with how it is. I must laugh at the gens fans that say at no cost do we trade dal colle, yes he is gonna be a great player, but im just curious in two years whos gonna be his line mates. This team should be all in, make the call to the soo and bring back sproul and cousins at whatever cost of your young players. This organization is becoming a joke. In the last 10 years the only 2 teams in the east not to win the eastern championship are kingston and your Oshawa Generals!!!!!
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm

I don't think the 'Soo' will deal with us anymore. Mark Petaccio was moved to Ottawa for a 9th today. The Gens pawned him off for a 2nd and a 3rd last year. Talk about something that has depreciated in value. Even worse tham my car after I drove it off the lot!!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Word out of London is Baille has been placed on Waivers so a Patterson to the Generals or for that matter any OHL team is likely out of the question. Wouldn't be surprised to see Baille get picked up by a team like Niagara who could used a Veteran in net, or even Peterborough or Ottawa, strickly to get them to the end of the season.
I'd love to see Baille back in a Generals uniform as are backup. This way we could give Daniel a rest here an there, I'm more nervous he burns out then gets injured. Maybe if Sabourin ends up moving as part of a deal Baille becomes an option for absolutely nothing.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Baille can't play for the Gens. He was traded Aug 1 to London and there is a rule saying he can not come back for one full year. You have to wonder why they waived him and didn't trade him. Does nobody want him? Getting something back is better than nothing. I hope someone picks him up.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Deals done on the last day tend to be expensive. We wont get both a D and a F at this point.....but if the plan is to get a top flight D (Sproul) or a top 6 forward (Quine, Trochek, etc) is now going to cost players. 2 maybe 3 and a pick and they would likely be 95s..

Is it worth moving Cassels, Latour and T Hore for a shot at one of these high end guys?

talk amongst yourselves!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

I know your correct on players being unable to be traded back to teams. But I'm curious as to if that rule is still in place if a player is waived. I mean why not let the kid go back if the oppurtunity presented itself. I'd definitely like to know if its possible. Also I'm assuming he wasnt picked up because of his OA status. Teams that are in contention have their OA spots being occupied by key guys. Im doubting a team wants to fill an OA spot with a backup goalie, unless its nessacary.

I think Saginaw and Soo Sault Marie are the two teams likely to make a trade with the Generals. Dalton Young an Vincent Trochek would be a great fit with the Gens, as Would Sproul an Cousins/Broll from the Soo. Still interested to see if the Gens could possibly snag Cajkovsky out of Ottawa along with a role player like Van Stralen

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Deals done on the last day tend to be expensive. We wont get both a D and a F at this point.....but if the plan is to get a top flight D (Sproul) or a top 6 forward (Quine, Trochek, etc) is now going to cost players. 2 maybe 3 and a pick and they would likely be 95s..

Is it worth moving Cassels, Latour and T Hore for a shot at one of these high end guys?

talk amongst yourselves!

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm

I know players cannot be traded back to teams within a year but maybe if they have been placed on waivers and claimed, it might be a different story as Macker88 said. It would be nice to see Bailie back (for him) and as stated above, the Gens might use him more than Appleby although, he played well when inserted in his last game. Might boil down to how many cards the Gens have left.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 pm

100 percent if the player is waived and no team wants him then he can go back to the original team. Tyler Taylor comes to mind.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Why would anyone ever want to get rid of one of our OAs to bring in a BACKUP goalie. That would just be stupid. I think our OAs are fine and would stay with them. If I ever did replace one of the OAs, it would be for an OA out there that would be better than one that we have and play big minutes.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

I think something must going to happen as Jordan McNaughton was put on waviers and all past not a superstar by all means but has experiance on D and would cost $ but no body or draft pick going back,so I hope there is something being done.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Steamed, the kid has NO experience. He played 7 games in 10/11, 14 in 11/12 and 30 with little ice time this year.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 pm

McNaughton was likely moved to make room for an incoming d via trade

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 pm

TipcoSr wrote:Steamed, the kid has NO experience. He played 7 games in 10/11, 14 in 11/12 and 30 with little ice time this year.

Check the stats he has played 51 OHL games I didn't say he was a super star he has OHL experiance and a body that wouldn't cost anything Rolling Eyes
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 pm

steamed wrote:
TipcoSr wrote:Steamed, the kid has NO experience. He played 7 games in 10/11, 14 in 11/12 and 30 with little ice time this year.

Check the stats he has played 51 OHL games I didn't say he was a super star he has OHL experiance and a body that wouldn't cost anything Rolling Eyes

Yep, check the Stats ... he is more or less a rookie this year. He was a call up for two years playing in 7 games, then 14 games for two clubs. His first year in the O is this year...that equals NO experience Rolling Eyes

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:33 pm

McNaughton is relatively small and no improvement over what we have here already. Don't need him; don't want him!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:35 pm

so he did play more than 7 games that you stated in your post Laughing
alls I was saying if the Gen's ain't going to do anything they should pick up McNaughton he would have more OHL experiance than any call up from Tier II.That's all I was saying and never did I say he was a superstar.

Last edited by steamed on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 pm

jaycro wrote:McNaughton is relatively small and no improvement over what we have here already. Don't need him; don't want him!

I know his stats, size and what team he played for,All I was saying if the gen's don't do anything it wouldn't cost anything, it a body that has more experiance than a defenceman that we have in tier II.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm

steamed wrote:so he did play more than 7 games that you stated in your post Laughing
alls I was saying if the Gen's ain't going to do anything they should pick up McNaughton he would have more OHL experiance than any call up from Tier II.That's all I was saying and never did I say he was a superstar.

LOL is right. Go read my post again. I never said he only played 7 games.

Scroll up and read it, but I will copy and paste it for you as well...

Steamed, the kid has NO experience. He played 7 games in 10/11, 14 in 11/12 and 30 with little ice time this year.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm

LOL you found your mistake and edited it while I did a quote and replied

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next