Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playoffs ROUND 1 VS Mississauga

+10
Oshawa fan
Macker88
core33
archer_gens
chupa81
Gens Camper
StingRay5
steamed
oshgens2k2
KHE
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Playoffs  ROUND 1 VS Mississauga - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs ROUND 1 VS Mississauga

Post by StingRay5 Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Action packed 2nd overtime period. The boys were very determined to win last night. Nice to see a large Generals crowd sitting all around the rink in Missy last night.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Playoffs  ROUND 1 VS Mississauga - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs ROUND 1 VS Mississauga

Post by steamed Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Who's all going to Mississauga Thursday Question I'll be making my way down after work,hopefully the Gen's can put them away in regulation time,it's to stressfull going to overtime  drunken
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:10 pm

I checked ticketmaster today and there are alot less tickets available for Thursday. Most of the usual gang were there last night. I'm hoping to be there again. I believe the Gens were happy to see all the red sweaters last night.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Was nice to see tons of Gens fans there last night, noticed most stuck around til the end too.

We have 6 going tomorrow for the game.

Can't wait to hear everyone cheering loud and proud!

Was just on ticketmaster and looking at the site, it doesnt appear that there are that many seats left. Either Missy got a lot of groups, of theres a lot of red taking over!

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:00 am

Series win by the skin of there chinney chin chin and wont go far if they play this way in the next series.
Nice to see them win but holy s... could they make it any closer. Very Happy

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 am

ag48 wrote:Series win by the skin of there chinney chin chin and wont go far if they play this way in the next series.

Games were not as close as they seem to be, Gen's out shot the Steelheads 188 to 107 and out played them in the series, Martin there goalie was ammazing for them, yeah 3 games went to over time which the last two should not of gone into OT but the Gen's absolutly dominated in the OT.
next series will be diferent.
I hope Harding is ok, does anyone know the extent of injury? from were I was sitting it look like a shoulder. hope he's ok got a week to rest it.
GO GEN'S GO  Very Happy 
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 am

steamed wrote:
ag48 wrote:Series win by the skin of there chinney chin chin and wont go far if they play this way in the next series.

Games were not as close as they seem to be, Gen's out shot the Steelheads 188 to 107 and out played them in the series, Martin there goalie was ammazing for them, yeah 3 games went to over time which the last two should not of gone into OT but the Gen's absolutly dominated in the OT.
next series will be diferent.
I hope Harding is ok, does anyone know the extent of injury? from were I was sitting it look like a shoulder. hope he's ok got a week to rest it.
GO GEN'S GO  Very Happy 

Totally agree! Very Happy 
Although it may have appeared that the steelheads were at a Compete Level they were outplayed expect in goal a bit as I felt Altshuller wasn’t as sharp as he could have been.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:32 pm

I also agree I took in all four games live, and although the Steelheads put forth a very good effort and where in every game, They where outplayed. You could just see the effort level took on the Steelheads part to get a scoring chance compared to the ease the Generals created opportunities. Martin completely outplayed Altshuller with the exception of Game 1 and that was the only reason this series was close.

Two Side notes - I'm not very please with seeing Vande Sompel on the 4th forward line. While he didn't look out of place in the few shifts I saw him go out with Wallace and Dundas, he's far more useful on the back end then up front. I noticed a shift in the Generals play in game 3 when Vande Sompel was moved back on D. His offense from the back end is important for the Generals, and while he lacks some defensive skills the reward out weighs the risk. Desrocher deserves to be in the line up but maybe DJ should go with 11 forwards and 7 D.

Also Josh Brown just hasn't looked the same since he's been back, I know its only 2 games since he's returned, but if the Generals wanna go far, he needs to be better. He looked slow, out of place positionally and took a lot of penalties. Hopefully he gets going.

Harding looked really good in round 1, yeah the points might not be there, but he has been great and hopefully its a short term injury. Really impressed with Dundas as well, he gets very few minutes, but he seems to have his head on straight right now an has been effective, I'd like to see him get a few more minutes as the Generals forwards seem to lack some physicality. Aidan Wallace has impressed as well.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Even though some games could be finished tonight or saturday all game were scheduled to finish tuesday April 1st the earliest the next round can start is thursday April 3rd, I presume the Gen's would start Friday & Sunday.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Re Harding: same here. Where I was sitting it looked like it could be a possible shoulder separation. If so, those are 4 to 6 weeks recovery.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2