Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cliff Pu 's Future In The 'Shwa?

+8
nerfherder
Macker88
Gens Camper
mygens
Rinkrat
StingRay5
KHE
jaycro
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cliff Pu 's Future In The 'Shwa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cliff Pu 's Future In The 'Shwa?

Post by core33 Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:50 am

Actually I think Harding and the Nagy comparison is pretty good. I always loved Nagy from day 1, the same as I have liked Petchning from day 1. I think the two fill the same role with the Gens as does their progression with the team. Harding being a 2nd rounder has been given more of an opportunity early while Nagy really earned his spot (not that Harding hasn't) with his speed and defensive play.

Nagy I think had more offensive upside from the getgo but next year will be the true comparison point for the two, not that comparisons really matter at all.

Pu is the guy to go if the Gens want to pull off a big trade, yes he probably will develop into a good OHLer, but that's why you get a good player now in return. We need Harding for this year and the next two years. We have seen the Gens trade their first rounders early before, Shugg, Wallingford and Lees come to mind. Shugg and Lees ended up as good players and Wallingford took a long time to develop.

You can always draft another forward in the 1st round next year and/or trade for young forwards similar to Pu (in age and potential) next year when rebuilding.

I would like the see the trade sooner rather then later for 2 reasons.

1. You don't want to get whatever good is left at or around the deadline. A lot of the wanted players might be gone and already are. Ho-Sang, Baptiste...(I would have loved Baptiste)

2. You might as well have him in your lineup for as long as possible, helps the team longer, more time to gel...

I just don't want to see useless trades like we've seen before....Kevin Baker, Sciacca, Karlsson, McGuire, Morabeck, Aldcock, Terreri, Medyl

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Cliff Pu 's Future In The 'Shwa? - Page 3 Empty Re: Cliff Pu 's Future In The 'Shwa?

Post by nerfherder Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:00 am

Yes I agree I hope we don't waste the year like we did when Tavares was here on terrible trades. I hope something happens before the deadline but you have to have a partner willing to deal with what you are offering. And I didn't mean Harding and Nagy are the same player but my most like comparison or so to speak. Let's see if Hunt finds a GM to deal.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:50 pm

I agree with you guys the gens should actively make the move soon , would. Certainly help when we lose Dal Colle , we surely need a solid D guy injuries and suspensions happen as we know ,

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:05 pm

We potentially lose Cassels and Lindberg too. Tho Cassels is suspended but lose him past Dec 30th. Hertzberg too but he is replaceable with Templeton.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3