Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Dips future depend on ?

+11
GENNY
mygens
hockeybeats
Lindy88
gogeneralsgo
Generalizations
bigE88
jaycro
gmc 118
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens Camper
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Could Dips future depend on ? Empty Could Dips future depend on ?

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Dips drafted Biggs 2nd rd even though he was committed to U S and we needed a scorer

Dips traded for Lessio

If he signs these 2 - he stays if NOT does he go ???

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Could Dips future depend on ? Empty Re: Could Dips future depend on ?

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

I say it all depends on whether Florida makes the playoffs

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:08 pm

[quote="BOBBY ORR NUMBER4"]I say it all depends on whether Florida makes the playoffs[/q

Good call.He sure would look good behind our bench!!
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:39 pm

What's up with all the double consonants on the newer Gens? Jenner, Biggs, Lessio, Suellentrop, McDowell..? Just an aside!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Biggs and Lessio are NOT - Gens - until they are signed

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Dips drafted Biggs 2nd rd even though he was committed to U S and we needed a scorer

Dips traded for Lessio

If he signs these 2 - he stays if NOT does he go ???

Not sure you can put the full blame for drafting biggs, as deboer was at the draft table and would of had a say in their drafting.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:03 pm

I am concerned with the lack of 1st and 2nd rounders on this team as well as potential 2nd's we have traded/given away. That's why we find ourselves where we are!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Dipps has been our coach and gm for one and a half season.He has had one draft year, not sure what else you expect him to do.He inherited this club from sellwood, who we all know made some bad trades and left the cupboard dry for dipps.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:37 am

gmc 118 wrote:Dipps has been our coach and gm for one and a half season.He has had one draft year, not sure what else you expect him to do.He inherited this club from sellwood, who we all know made some bad trades and left the cupboard dry for dipps.

Bingo

Dips drafted Jenner, traded Cznarnik (not reporting no matter what) to plymouth for a second, made the trade for Thomas, Valentine, Zador, all those second picks last year at the deadline.. drafted Berger in the import draft, what else do you want from him in one year ? to part the red sea as well... for christ sakes he made a gamble for Biggs and Lessio, if they report we will be dominant the next two years, if not Debour and Graves will do their best to put their money where there mouth is.. I am sick and tired of reading these posts some idiots on here start, and they are no where to be foud during a 7 game winning streak.. what next, are you going to be saying Canadian hockey is in a crisis because we lost one world title in six years....
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:50 am

bigE88 wrote:Dips drafted Jenner, traded Cznarnik (not reporting no matter what) to plymouth for a second, made the trade for Thomas, Valentine, Zador, all those second picks last year at the deadline.. drafted Berger in the import draft, what else do you want from him in one year ? to part the red sea as well... for christ sakes he made a gamble for Biggs and Lessio, if they report we will be dominant the next two years, if not Debour and Graves will do their best to put their money where there mouth is.. I am sick and tired of reading these posts some idiots on here start, and they are no where to be foud during a 7 game winning streak.. what next, are you going to be saying Canadian hockey is in a crisis because we lost one world title in six years....

Thanks for the rant bigE88. I agree with you completely.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:54 pm

I am with you BigE88 - I have no issue with Dips as the GM. However as Dips the Coach, he needs to tell Dips the GM that he needs to move out some of the legacy players he inherited and get some 90's or 91's who are willing to go in the corners, work their butts off, and show leadership.

If you watch enough games, you know who they are. Too many pretenters in that group who should be moved, benched or waived. Seems like they think it is their right to get the extra ice. DIPS - make them work for it... they are killing you.

The younger guys are always working and improving. I have no issue with them.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:56 pm

I have to disagree. Some GM moves have been impressive some have been brutal. What I can't forgive is his coaching ability (or lack there of). HE should have been running the stairs after that Belleville game.

Sorry, just an opinion. Which, as a season ticket holder, I'm entitled to.

Canadian hockey is not in a crisis. US was simply a better team. With 9 players potentially returning next year in Buffalo, looks like they have a great shot to repeat.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote:I am with you BigE88 - I have no issue with Dips as the GM. However as Dips the Coach, he needs to tell Dips the GM that he needs to move out some of the legacy players he inherited and get some 90's or 91's who are willing to go in the corners, work their butts off, and show leadership.

Are you expecting the team to be able to trade older guys with little market value? Even if they are traded, at best you will get middle round draft pick, not a younger player.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

Lindy88 wrote:I have to disagree. Some GM moves have been impressive some have been brutal.

Care to elaborate on what was a brutal GM move? You can't really use hypotheticals on reporting/not reporting because we have to see how that plays out. Has there been anything else? The only other thing that can be mentioned is Parnham but he didn't accept the trade he was offered so there really isn't much anybody can do. Trading him earlier might not have been an option because teams may have been taking a wait and see attitude on his injury. As far as I can recall, those are the only things anybody can really interpret as negative unless there is something else I'm not recalling.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:11 pm

dips has done a very good job as gm in the short time he has had the job, sure we question some of the moves , like biggs and lessio, and the handling of parhnam , but we dont have the whole story either , so i support him as gm , however as coach , he's mediocre at best , would like to see a change here !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:16 pm

good observation by jaycro , this team does not have enough 1st and 2nd rounders playing to make us competitive , as demonstrated the last few games without 4 key players , the remaining group are inadequate to compete at this level , and they have got to go , one by one as we use our 1st and 2nd round picks , which is why i prefer we did not make the playoffs we need the picks guys !!!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:35 pm

All our first and second rounders are playing for Windsor.
Thanks Tulio.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Well he is from Windsor

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

GENNY wrote:All our first and second rounders are playing for Windsor.
Thanks Tulio.

Not sure why this is tullios fault.The windsor trade was done by sellwood, and at that time davies was majority owner.So Davies was as much at fault for this trade if not more. But we never heard people bashing davies, it just started since tullio became owner, and some fans dont like him.Give this new group some time to change what damage davies and sellwood did.Not sure what you expect dipps to do when he has very little tradeable assets.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks Tulio.

That is really a silly comment. That deal was Selwood and Davies all the way.

It actually might have been a good deal if Neuvirth had lived up to his potential. He has played 5 games for Washington this season. The Gens had a chance to play in the Memorial Cup with Kitchener hosting. As we know the deal turned into a disaster when he played poorly and/or arrived injured.

I really shake my head when some posters seem to attach all the past mistakes to Dipeiro. Selwood and his scouting staff bear a significant amount of the blame for the lack of real quality players for the current coach to work with.

Many of you agree the Gens are not a very talented team yet you are quick to blame the coach when the team plays poorly.

Back to Biggs and Lessio for a moment. All the worriers need to remember that Peter DeBoer and his staff excelled in getting players to report when he was in Kitchener. Those two players have his hands all over them and whether or not they report.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:03 am

Oshawa fan wrote:
Thanks Tulio.

It actually might have been a good deal if Neuvirth had lived up to his potential. He has played 5 games for Washington this season. The Gens had a chance to play in the Memorial Cup with Kitchener hosting. As we know the deal turned into a disaster when he played poorly and/or arrived injured.

I really shake my head when some posters seem to attach all the past mistakes to Dipeiro. Selwood and his scouting staff bear a significant amount of the blame for the lack of real quality players for the current coach to work with.

Many of you agree the Gens are not a very talented team yet you are quick to blame the coach when the team plays poorly.

Back to Biggs and Lessio for a moment. All the worriers need to remember that Peter DeBoer and his staff excelled in getting players to report when he was in Kitchener. Those two players have his hands all over them and whether or not they report.

If I can also add, don't give any credit to the coach when the team plays well. Somehow when they pull off a win against a powerhouse like Windsor or Mississauga, I guess somehow a bunch of 17-year old players tune out their bad coach, train themselves and beat the top team in the country? Not to take anything away from the players, at the end of the day, they are the ones who buy into the system and do the necessary work required to win. However, the ones who pull disappearing acts during win streaks and then suddenly reappear after a 4-game losing streak simply for the chance they've been waiting for to bash the coaching, I just don't get it.

I'm surprised nobody has come here to blame De Piero for the injury to De Haan or maybe even the economy's poor performance in 2009.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 am

Good rant HOCKEYBEATS. I want this team to win and do well, but people have to realize, this is the first year of rebuilding, and we had two assets to trade last year, because this team was built poorly by sellwood and people on here hammer the hell out of dipps.If this team was built properly we would have had more tradeable assets like a belleville, for dipps to build with.Fans must give dipps and the new ownership some time, they will get it right. We have a good young nuclease.If at this time next year the ship is sinking, then i am pretty sure deboer and company will make a move.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:
Thanks Tulio.

I spoke with Tulio in Prospects after this deal and he wasn't too happy about it. It was Selwood, no question.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Coaches are paid to take the heat.

When a team surrenders 8 goals in a period to a team below them in the standings, and with who they are also fighting for a playoff spot, how the heck do you expect the paying customers to react? If you can 'beat the top team in the country' (if only once perhaps) then there must be something wrong when 'your' team stages fairly consistant 3rd period collapses, losing steaks, and major blowouts! Dips was brought in as a Dman coach and has yet to prove or distinguish himself in any capacity IMO! Big picks and a major cycle are looming. The big question is has there been a consistant improvement? Does he add value? Forget the age nonsense! Do his players 'out perform' on a consistant basis? Has he lifted individual players skill and ability levels?

Having right head coach for the future will be critical!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:34 am

gensman wrote: how the heck do you expect the paying customers to react?

I just sigh and say "That is junior hockey" and move on. Laughing

The team works hard most nights. The work ethic is far better than it has been in the past few seasons. There are passengers some nights and I am sure the coaches are aware of that. They don't have a lot of options. The coach doesn't seem to be afraid to sit guys who he is unhappy with.

Next year is a big season. I think the coaches future depends on progress towards the top. They make the playoffs this year and then make some noise next year. If not then talk about coaching.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next