Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Dips future depend on ?

+11
GENNY
mygens
hockeybeats
Lindy88
gogeneralsgo
Generalizations
bigE88
jaycro
gmc 118
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
Gens Camper
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Could Dips future depend on ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could Dips future depend on ?

Post by Gensfansec114 Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:51 am

I am not too sure what Dips' future depends on it is still a little early for me to post judgement on his ability as a GM. I was a seasons ticket holder in Kitchener for 20years. I know first hand the skill that Peter Deboer has when it comes to get players to report and it is unreal. From a coaching stand point Dips has got to go. When a team can't score on the power play, gives up leads like no bodies business and look so out of shape come the third period that is coaching. I understand the skill level of this squad but it is the same skill level that they had when they had that winning run (less a couple bodies of course) I believe the key here is the fact that there is no system for these guys to buy into. There is no one to follow and the game plan seems to be "Hold On we'll be better next year" So at this early stage out as coach and we hold the report card as the GM for a while.

Gensfansec114

Number of posts : 14
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:58 am

i like him as a GM..... but for 3 things

1) Parnham and Nagy (nothing for them)
2) drafting Biggs (only if he doen't report)
3) trade with Niagara (only if he doesn't report)

face it this team needs depth up front, Pachis and Lambardo (sorry not sure on his name yet) do just that.... and with any luck they turn out to be diamonds in the rough.... if not we needed someone to play
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 am

gensman wrote:Coaches are paid to take the heat.

When a team surrenders 8 goals in a period to a team below them in the standings, and with who they are also fighting for a playoff spot, how the heck do you expect the paying customers to react? If you can 'beat the top team in the country' (if only once perhaps) then there must be something wrong when 'your' team stages fairly consistant 3rd period collapses, losing steaks, and major blowouts! Dips was brought in as a Dman coach and has yet to prove or distinguish himself in any capacity IMO! Big picks and a major cycle are looming. The big question is has there been a consistant improvement? Does he add value? Forget the age nonsense! Do his players 'out perform' on a consistant basis? Has he lifted individual players skill and ability levels?

Having right head coach for the future will be critical!

So you're saying that it's reasonable to expect a team of mostly 17 year olds to consistently beat ("outperform") teams that have mostly 19 year olds? I recommend some reading on physiology and adolescent development.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2