Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dips has to move quick or else....

+8
Kevy
jaycro
Gens Fan 108
gogeneralsgo
KHE
Gens Camper
steamed
gensfan 2k2
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dips has to move quick or else.... Empty Dips has to move quick or else....

Post by gensfan 2k2 Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Just my opinion..... I like the move for Disalvo but the issues that come from it is having an effect on this team. You have 3 OA's who all like playing here but are told to sit a game or are playing thinking in the back of their mind that it is only a matter of time before they are traded. This makes the room a little on edge. We all know Berger is on on our first line, the guys like Brown and he plays with an edge and Dehart is a solid experienced Defenseman.

We have so much more offensive potential that isn't clicking as well. Are the guys trying too hard? Are the nerves on edge in the room?

Either way a move needs to happen soon with Zador and one of the Oa's and if Biggs won't come here you can get a nice piece for his rights.

I don't want to get in the playoffs in the 4 or 5 spot and have to play a really tough Niagara or Kingston followed by the majors in the second round. The goal should be to win the division.

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Dips has to move quick or else.... Empty Re: Dips has to move quick or else....

Post by steamed Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Well I found this on loosepucks:

Michael Zador appears to be the odd man out in Oshawa after the acquisition of Peter DiSalvo from Barrie. There are whispers that Zador could find himself on the roster of a Western Conference team early in the week.
My prediction he goes to Owen Sound, for what I don't know, maybe Dips sweetens the deal.....
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Hate to burst your bubble - BUT - realistically 4 or 5 hole is our most likely spot - # 2 seed would be great but - Ottawa has way too much depth and great goaltending.

There will be no deal or talk of a deal for BIGGS as he cannot move until next summer with his 2 yr commitment to the US team

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Hate to burst your bubble - BUT - realistically 4 or 5 hole is our most likely spot - # 2 seed would be great but - Ottawa has way too much depth and great goaltending.

There will be no deal or talk of a deal for BIGGS as he cannot move until next summer with his 2 yr commitment to the US team

I didn't mention Biggs that would sweetin the deal,it's another player on roster..
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

steamed wrote:
Gens Camper wrote:Hate to burst your bubble - BUT - realistically 4 or 5 hole is our most likely spot - # 2 seed would be great but - Ottawa has way too much depth and great goaltending.

I didn't mention Biggs that would sweetin the deal,it's another player on roster..

I think Camper was referring to the original post by 2k2 which mentioned Biggs.

That aside, it will be interesting to see this plays out over the next couple of weeks. Personally, I would like to see DeHart moved for the following reason. Of the OA's that you would trade (Brown and DeHart) DeHart will get you the most in return. By most we're talking most likely about a draft pick. I wouldn't get rid of Brown as he is the type of player that would succeed in the playoffs. The gritty way he plays he wouldn't be afraid to accept any role the coach would give him. With the 'depth' of our defence I'm not worried to see Quinn play a more prominant role if Tony was to be dealt. We need to remember that Quinn was brought in to esentially replace DeHaan as the QB of the powerplay next year.

With regards to Zador... I don't know what you could get for him. Maybe they'll package Zador and DeHart somewhere to get more of a return perhaps even a player that could contribute now.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:22 pm

You have to keep Dehart as one of the OA's if not you will see Hope alot more out there and he is Hope-less Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:36 pm

steamed wrote:You have to keep Dehart as one of the OA's if not you will see Hope alot more out there and he is Hope-less Laughing

Hope is a second year player and his numbers aren't that bad this year (other than PM's) but he hasn't played a whole lot. If you want the young players to get experience you need to play him. If he plays and he doesn't improve, fine then ship him out. But until he's really given an opportunity to play I'm not going to throw the kid under the bus.

Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2010-11 Regular Season Oshawa Generals 18 1 5 6 4 26
2009-10 Regular Season Oshawa Generals 41 0 1 1 -14 22
Total: 59 1 6 7 -10 48

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

You build the teams from the back end out. Dehart is a key part of the back end. Losing him just makes us weaker.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:09 pm

gogeneralsgo wrote:You build the teams from the back end out. Dehart is a key part of the back end. Losing him just makes us weaker.

True. However next year DeHart will not be here. The backend that is playing next year in a year where we are supposed to make a run at a title is most likely going to consist of 4 returning Dmen (Quinn, McDowell, Suellentrop and Hope) That's assuming Valentine is in the AHL, Zupancic is not our OA and DeHaan is as good as gone. The Gens back end next year really doesn't have a whole lot of experience. I'd be playing those 4 young guys as much as I can to get a read as to how good they actually are and if it means moving DeHart to get them more ice time then I'd be doing it.

Our back end is not that much weaker without DeHart.. it is weaker but I don't think it's going to limit as to how deep we go in the playoffs.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

here's something to think about then....

Dehart out... we win against the # 1 team in the OHL (#2 in the CHL)

Dehart in... we lose in OT even though he was not on the ice for the last 2 Brampton goals...

we also still have 8 D's on the roster so it's not like we will be extremely short while dehaan is at the WJ

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

I see Zador going to the Attack, as I noted earlier in another thread that Stajcer is out for approximately 2 months and after Binnington, a 93, they only have a 94. Owen Sound has a veteran team and is probably going for it this year and that's a little precarious situation to rest on those inexperienced shoulders. I don't know why you can't trade Biggs right now. True, he is committed to the USTNDP until the end of this year but that has no bearing on his trade status I'm not sure what pot needs to be sweetened with/for Zador. You would be lucky to get anything much beyond a 4th or 5th round for him! Anything more would be gravy!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:02 pm

Gens Fan 108 wrote:here's something to think about then....

Dehart out... we win against the # 1 team in the OHL (#2 in the CHL)

Dehart in... we lose in OT even though he was not on the ice for the last 2 Brampton goals...

we also still have 8 D's on the roster so it's not like we will be extremely short while dehaan is at the WJ

Not really much to think about. Don't look at one player specifically...look at how the team plays overall.

Dehart in the lineup had nothing to do with the OT loss yesterday...it was how the team performed overall
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Correction for my above post; Owen Sound's backup goalie, Cesario, is also a "93", not a "94".

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:51 pm

I bet Barrie is not wishing they had of waited another week as they would have got more from Owen Sound than we gave up --

We gave up a 5th - Zador you might get a 7th

No team is going to give true value for Biggs unless they knew for sure he would report - so it ain't happening - we drafted Biggs in the 2nd rd we need that much in return.

Dehart would get you more only to team in need of defense and if they think he is better than the OA they have.

Also Sarnia needs goaltending help as their goalie got hurt on the w/end.

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

kevy... that was my point... the team played better and like a team when dehart wasn't playing.

take out brown and they are a different team altogether.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 am

Doesnt matter that you would get more for dehart, he's more valuable to this young. Team than brown is, brown is the odd man out , no doubt about it , it would be crazy to trade dehart in order to keep brown, I can't believe anyone is even suggesting it.

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:14 am

This team is plenty tough without brown, andreof , clark, sabourin, valentine, petacio , zupancic, Ect.

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:57 am

I totallu agree with u mygens dehart must stay

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:43 am

I find this a difficult topic - I would keep them all if I could BUT 1 must remember this is a business - yes they are BIG kids - it will come down to what team out their needs to upgrade their OA situation - we upgraded our OA situation now tough decisions must be made but still 3 weeks to go

We are usually the ones looking to add an OA - how strange we are trying to sell 1

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:23 am

I think the OHL should get rid of the rule. There should be no OAs. This is a development league. Look after the league ages.....forget the OAs...Let the OAs get on with their lives. Develope the kids!!!!!!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:40 pm

over the last 20 yrs this league has gotten younger , i'd hate to see that trend continue , otherwise we might just as well be watching midget hockey , no thanks , i feel just the opposite of ogf , keep the overagers , in fact let 4 play , it would improve the quality of play , better for us to watch , the young kids would have more opportunity to learn from the vets , it would be a much better mentoring system , like it was in the 80 s ........furthermore , many of the 20 yr olds are not ready for the minor pros , let them stay in junior , gain confidence , gain strength , before the jump to the pros .........

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:59 pm

I would sooner have no OAs and also a rule that states the players have to stay in junior for the full junior term. Players should not be able to play in the NHL until their junior program is finished. That skill alone would pay bigger dividends than an OA would. With that in place, imagine Team Canada at Christmas.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm

It would be hard to deny players their legal rights to an entry level contract. How would you like to be told to put that paycheque on hold for a year or two?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Ask Erik Gudbranson

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:43 pm

This was in todays paper,and no mention of OA trade,that may happen @ trading deadline..

DePiero says there have been calls going both ways regarding a possible trade of goalie Michael Zador, but it may have to wait until after a Dec. 20-27 holiday freeze ...
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next