Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dips has to move quick or else....

+8
Kevy
jaycro
Gens Fan 108
gogeneralsgo
KHE
Gens Camper
steamed
gensfan 2k2
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dips has to move quick or else.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Dips has to move quick or else....

Post by jaycro Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:11 pm

My understanding re Erik was he was unable to come to terms with Florida??. He had to return to Kingston to play for the the Frontenacs asd he did not have a contract.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Dips has to move quick or else.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Dips has to move quick or else....

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 pm

As far as OA S go this a CHL rule that the each team carry 3 OA - now how would it be at the Memorial Cup if the OHL was the only area with no OA

I remember when the OHL had 2 OA and the QHL & WHL had 3 - it was very unbalanced

There is nothing wrong with the current OA rule as the 16 yr olds need the OAS for guidance

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 pm

I think it is good the way the OA rule is today. 3 per team is the right number. They are still kids at this age who want to play the game.

I agree they become mentors for the younger players which is key. I look at Barrie's OAs last season and Pither and Cameron were key parts to their teams. Same with Windsor last season with their OAs.

With the Gens this season, the 3 we had at the beginning are valuable parts to the team. One has to go which is unfortunate but necessary if DiSalvo is going to be the backstopper we need.

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:55 pm

well dips has made one move....

Zador to Owen Sound for 5th in '13 & con'd 5th in '12

Good luck in OS Zador!

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Called it earlier in this thread when I said , O.S. ..lucky to get anything beyond a 4th or 5th for him! Good luck to Michael (except against us!).

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 pm

jaycro wrote:Called it earlier in this thread when I said , O.S. ..lucky to get anything beyond a 4th or 5th for him! Good luck to Michael (except against us!).

I don't like to burst your bubble jaycro but I called it on the 2nd post of this tread Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm

Ah, but steamed, I got the "return" right or almost right depending on the "conditional". Just kidding! The conditional seems weird in that the conditional would come into effect before the actual trade. Wonder what that's all about?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Okey jaycro I'll give you that, I think it's about if Zador comes back as an OA next season we get a 5th in 2012 and a 5th in 2013 is all we get,but if he dosn't a 5th in 2013 is all we get.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:10 pm

So basically it's - the 5th we gave up to Barrie for the 5th we get from Owen Sound - maybe more - great trade

Good luck Mike you are going to a good team

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am

i dont know why anyone gets excited about a 5th round pick , they almost never materialize into a regular player , and zador because of his erratic play dropped dramatically in value from where he was drafted by london , i'm sure he is a nice kid , but he sucked big time here , you guys must all be related to him !!! ha!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm

A pick is a pick. You can never have the cupboards to full. Especially when we're going to be emptying them in the near future i believe.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Also, with extra picks in the early rounds, you can take a "flyer" on someone considering the college route without weakening your overall draft strategy.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:16 pm

How funny it is that a 5th rd pick isn't much when we gave up a 5th rd pick to get Di Salvo

P K Subban was a Belleville 6th rd pick - good scouts find those picks

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2