Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible news for the Gens defence

+6
Macker88
steamed
mygens
oshgens2k2
archer_gens
Shake It Up
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Terrible news for the Gens defence - Page 2 Empty Re: Terrible news for the Gens defence

Post by mygens Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Damn another 5 weeks ? he did some major damage in the weight room ? that sucks !

hope they can get more D help , you don't go to the memorial cup with holes on D , you just don't ! thats a fact !

I've been around since 1981 , you never see a memorial cup team with youth or holes on D

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Terrible news for the Gens defence - Page 2 Empty Re: Terrible news for the Gens defence

Post by mygens Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:15 pm

when i say youth , i mean first year guys playing a regular shift on D

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Agreed mygens. I wouldn't panic just yet as remember there is the Xmas break and we should have him back well before the stretch run. But yes another vet D is what the doctor ordered.....pardon the pun.

PS LX I'm sure nothing would make Branch happier than to have Oshawa out and his precious London Knights back in again lol.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:57 pm

well boys and girls , I just ordered my memorial cup tickets , only selling whole packages right now , ouch !!!

but i'm betting on our boys Smile been a long time , DJ SMITH has been there before , he knows what it takes , he will pass that on to the buys i'm sure , hardwork dedication , its a wonderful experience , yet one of the toughest to get to !

you have to be good and lucky too !

Go gens Go !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:27 pm

a thought just occurred to me , Branch and the nhl will want Mcdavid in the tournament , to showcase him .

the gens will be battling the refs as well as the other team , given that fact me thinks !

we are going to have to be that much better , thats all , done it before !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:25 pm

Not sure where you are going with this mygens? Having trouble tying these three thoughts together! Can you clarify?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 pm

Erie will probably get some "reffing" in their favor. Like London generally does

LX

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Lets just keep in mind, Soo Sault Marie could very easily beat Erie in a 7 game playoff series, especially if they end up with home ice advantage over the Otters.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:18 pm

It would be interesting if the Gens and Hounds play in the final. Oshawa east champs (bobby Orr trophy) and west champs greyhounds (Gretzky trophy). And we would have the player winning the Tilson of course Smile

LX

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Petschenig missing games hasn't cost the Gens points and, opened a window for Templeton and Robertson to play more and given Stillman an opportunity to showcase himself.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Good point Jaycro, the gens seem to have a lot of depth , and the plays like a well oiled unit , no matter who is on the ice

I'm smelling championship baby

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:06 am

mygens I agree, ive also thought about that, and am scared Erie will get the calls. But both teams are far away from that point. Nothing is set, nobody thought NB would win let alone sweep. Liken this team and MDC, Cassels and Will are out, 3 top players and we are still winning.....on the road too. I say don't give up too much and add an OA d-man for a 3rd or less.

mygens wrote:a thought just occurred to me , Branch and the nhl will want Mcdavid in the tournament , to showcase him .

the gens will be battling the refs as well as the other team , given that fact me thinks !

we are going to have to be that much better , thats all , done it before !

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2