Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another trade

+10
mygens
nerfherder
Generals2010
StingRay5
OshawaGenerals3
jaycro
Macker88
core33
oshgens2k2
steamed
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

another trade - Page 3 Empty Re: another trade

Post by steamed Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:51 pm

jaycro wrote:Rather have Brodeur in net than a Jr. B goalie...even with his experience, He was not notable in Peterborough. Not impressed!

They aren't replacing Brodeur in net at all, they just got a goaltender for insurance in case one of them is injured, Da Slivia has OHL experience and is still going to play for his Jr. B team,and the price come cheap.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Read 'Rangesrfansince99', posted 12:42 on the Gens thread on HF Boards! Can't they use Mabley?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

I think Mabley was trade in the off season last year could be wrong but anyways even if he was or still is with the Gen's he doesn't have OHL experience which Da Sliva has. Let's hope it doesn't come down to this cheers
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Mabley wasn't traded, I don't think he's Generals property anymore though. You can only have so many protected non roster players and I don't believe Mabley is one of them.

Mabley or Da Saliva no difference neither of them are any where close to OHL calibre, they make Jeremy Brodeur look like his dad in his prime.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Definitely surprised they only brought in DaSilva to fill a 3rd string role. Was Hunt not here when Neuvirth went down in the playoffs and we had to rely on Borden? I would start to give Brodeur some tougher competition to see what he's got. No more throw away games vs Sudbury.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:10 am

I was shocked as well. I mean we had nothing to trade, after the McCarron/Mermis, Pedersen and Mistele trades but I feel a Samuel Tanguay or someone of the calibre would have been a mid to late round pick and maybe a depth guy and that's not a lot considering you've complete gone all in for it this year,

Jason DaSilva is not a good option, he's not a Jr. C goalie. If the Gens put one of those goaltending cut outs in net, it will stop more then Da Silva, we basically said, here take this pick.

Here's a question I ask, with Cassels, Dal Colle, Sterk, Latour, Smith, Lindbery, Cirelli, Harding. Did this team really need to aquire McCarron, Pedersen and Mistele. Would of McCarron and Pedersen been enough. Would just one be enough upfront if Sterk was kept around. The Generals had no problem scoring, it was the D core that needed upgrades and they made one move to acquire Mermis. The D Core is going to get exposed.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:31 am

This might be a stretch, but after watching the last couple games, you gotta wonder how important was Sterk to this team? He was obviously well liked amongst fans and his teammates and as much as trades are part of the business, these are teenagers were talking about. It might just be an intangible thing but it definitely feels like Sterk brought a good locker room presence. The boys have just seemed very out of it since the trades. Makes me wonder...
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:11 pm

Heard that a big issue last year was when Hughes was dropped as he was well liked on team and part of leadership. I think the new guys though will fit. Seem to get along well already after listening and watching them at the game last night in pre game .

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Sterk was a good fit and was well liked and would have been back next year - maybe he wanted out . But I liked his play and he will be missed

We gave up way to much for Pederson in my opinion

Everyone must drop the Goalie issue - there was a goalie in Saginaw we could of had - In order to have a replacement for Appleby ,how many teams can have 2 - # 1 ,s - Brodeur will be fine - well a 10 th rd pick is not much to give up for Da Salva who will never be here

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:41 pm

The Goalie from Saginaw is an O/A, so the only way we could of had him is if we moved one of our O/A's. Your not going to move your captain in Josh Brown, or a guy you just acquired in Mermis. If you move Carlisle you fill one whole and create another. Paterson was never a realistic target for the Generals.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:00 pm

re new players , i'm very impressed with McCarron , and Pedersen , McCARRON has a real nose for the net , and he's physical , pederson , excellent skater , positional player , hard worker and big ! Mermis looks very solid although only watched on Tv

we sure have depth now , which is what you need to go long ! will be good to get our D back all together

looking forward to seeing what Mistele has ?

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3