Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster Cuts

5 posters

Go down

Roster Cuts Empty Roster Cuts

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:22 pm

I was at the first exhibition game today, here's the list of players that have left the team since the red vs white vs blue scrimmages.

Gabe Grunwald
Rory McGuire
Will Petschenig
Tyler Hore
Liam McGing
Tanner Bastien
Kane Elliott
Austin Washkurak
Patrick Hamilton
Will Pointon
Evan Buehler
Patrick McGrath
Justin Tugwell
Charles Cooper
Mitchell Davies
Brendon McKay
Ryan Burns
John Urbanic

I gotta say no surprises.

Our Defence is pretty much set.

Valentine Maggio
Mcdowell Sullentrop
Quinn Carlisle
Brown Hope

Goaltending will probably be Bailie and Altshuller (unless/until we trade at the deadline) although Appleby and Bessette are still at camp.

Forward is alot cloudier with 17 players and probably only 14 spots.

Also something to remember is that we will send 2 players to the Whitby Fury. I'm thinking one of Carlisle or Brown and one of Latour or Hughes.

SO really the Gens need to cut only 3 players, and assign two to the Fury.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Roster Cuts Empty Re: Roster Cuts

Post by JPH Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 pm

I see the powerplays for Belleville was 2 for 8, I take it we were playing kind of chippy? A post on Noof mentions "hackers and cheap shot artists" Was there lots of that going on?

Also notice Appleby letting in 4, most likely he will be cut, but how were the chances against him? He looked decent in camp. Bailie only letting in 1 is good to see as well. Hope looked wonderful throughout camp, how was he today?

Thanks for the update regarding cuts, etc.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't think Bailie was anything special, and my opinion on the goal he let in was that the kind of goalie we need this year would have stopped it. That said those around me disagreed with my view.

Clark got 2 for kneeing the belleville fans were mad. Both teams were definately cheap, and both teams did a few things that I could see fans of the other team being upset at and calling them cheap shots.

Refs seemed to call a one sided game, not that we didn't deserve several of the penalties, and actually we should have had at least 3 more. Twice Appleby went into the corner and played the puck (no call, is this rule not called?) and once we had 6 men and a goalie at the faceoff, and the game went for at least 10 seconds before one of our players got off the ice.

Hope looked good, but where he fits on the team (maybe as a fighter lol) i'm not sure. I though going into camp he was the easy cut, after today i'd say he's above a few players like Graves and maybe even Labardo.

Labardo looked slow to me today and a little lost. Maybe a little out of shape was my thought, but it could be an injury. He's actually to me the biggest surpise to me throughout camp. Not saying he sucked, just that I expected more from him.

I expect a great battle up front as there will be some tough choices there.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBird44 Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:57 am

Great updates guys, was hoping the preseason games would be on Rogers as well. Wouldnt it be smart to have a new play by play guy in place and use the preseason for him to get aclimated as well. Thanks again for the updates.

JayBird44

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Well the away preseason games have nothing to do with that as they use the out of town feeds. Belleville didn't have it on tv so neither did we. I know this cause they never put the game up on the jumbotron or replays. As far as I know the Petes game isn't on either. I didn't see it on the action pak.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Anyone know the last set of cuts? paper says we are down to 26, well down to 19 and 7 at nhl camp.

Gens site lists 27 so maybe it hasn't been updated, maybe the paper is wrong.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralBono Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:51 pm

archer_gens wrote:Anyone know the last set of cuts? paper says we are down to 26, well down to 19 and 7 at nhl camp.

Gens site lists 27 so maybe it hasn't been updated, maybe the paper is wrong.

The Generals Website is incorrect cause they still have Anton Zupanzic on the roster that is your 27th player
GeneralBono
GeneralBono

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:15 pm

thats surprising it would make more sense to list dehaan cause clearly he would be the one whos rights you hold onto for now and not anton's

either way thanks i missed that
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:42 pm

zupancic signed with cobourg a week or two ago so the site is definitely at this point not up to date

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down