Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game #3 Vs Barrie

+4
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
gogensgo
Gens Camper
Hayes#21
8 posters

Go down

Game #3 Vs Barrie Empty Game #3 Vs Barrie

Post by Hayes#21 Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Our boys need the 7th man more than ever now fans!
I hope to see a great "red" crowd tomorrow night with a lot of enthusiaism for the boys , lets show the boys we believe in them!!

GO GENS GO!!
GO GENS GO!!
GO GENS GO!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Game #3 Vs Barrie Empty Re: Game #3 Vs Barrie

Post by Gens Camper Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:19 am

What they need is HEART - DISCIPLINE - HARD WORK - 60 min each

This group for all it's talent - Great COACHING STAFF - is lacking in ??????

A power play - only 1 goal in 7 games - pathetic

Put BIGGS in front of the net to block this goalie as he will stop everything

he sees - shoot more pass less on the PP

Biggs - 1 point and Lessio 3 - step up is now - unless you are tired or burnt out

THe GMC is usually very quiet - need noise not just color

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Unfortunately, the fat lady is starting to hum and may be singing shortly. It's never over til its over but its not looking good. Disappointing considering they had everything going their way this year and should have come out of the East.

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Game #3 Vs Barrie Empty Fat Lady is about to sing

Post by Gens Camper Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:41 am

Well so many thought this was a 6 or 7 game series

How many would have thought 4 and out

It sure is hard to see anything positive about tonight

So much of tonights game reminded me of last year- individual efforts - no team work

It appeared like the whole team was out celebrating D J 'S new contract

We sure handed it to Barrie - my only hope now is we go out with a fight not a stinker like tonight

Some thought it was our year - BUT the game is played on the ice not on paper

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:16 am

Oshawa failed to make the proper trades at the deadline to secure a QB on the PP and and another top 9 Forward .
Hawerchuck is outcoaching DJ

2017 is a long time , I suspect Rocco will have this team up for sale by years end ( calender year)

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:03 am

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Oshawa failed to make the proper trades at the deadline to secure a QB on the PP and and another top 9 Forward .
Hawerchuck is outcoaching DJ

2017 is a long time , I suspect Rocco will have this team up for sale by years end ( calender year)

In order to get your request to secure a QB on the PP and and another top 9 Forward . you would have to give up something,and more than likely it would include Del Colle plus, why too much for your request,it is what it is,Barrie is just playing better than we are,we had a great season much better than I thought we would of had @ the start of the season.

steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 am

I totally agree with Bobby Orr Number 4's observations.A top nine forward would not cost us a Dal Colle. It would have taken some draft choices and a "lesser player" but we did not have draft choices to spend as they were wasted by the previous admin. Even now, we have no 2nds for the next two years. The trades done at the deadline made no improvements to the team. It was shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Why we would want an import defenceman who can't play a regular shift, I don't know? Dundas is not as good as Uvira was up front and Maguire does nothing but take useless penalties. Dundas might be useful as "muscle " to protect the'youngans' next year.. We were lucky the score was as close as it was with the number of Colts who kept sneaking behind our defence. The power play was non-existent and was 0 /13 against the Colts, I believe. Lots of energy the first period which dissipated as the game wore on. Lots of factors contributing to the downfall. Alas! It would be nice to win a game. Go Gens!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Id been saying this since last year and will keep doing so.We should have traded LESSIO, we could have gotten a huge return,hes done nothing for us but play like a individual,always wanting the puck with his stupid beaver taps on the ice, but he himself never passes the puck.He rushes up the ice with the puck only to do nothing constructive with it,yeah he skates well but thats all it is,and im sorry but skating well dont win ya the game though he trys all the time to be the hero.

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Thats your opinion and I respect that but I do think it would cost more because if it didn't J.T would of made the move.
but I guess the Gen's better fire the GM,Coaching and the Scoutting Staff because of no trades @ the deadline and Rocco better sell the team to someone that cares LOL
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Re Lessio. I would not be surprised to see him returned to the Gennies next year. He 's a great skater but, for the most part, plays as an individual. He plays like a star squirt or bantam player who can do whatever he wants on the ice because he has superior skills. Doesn't play a pro style. Everything BiggsTimeGensFan states above is dead on. I like Lessio's effort and he is a sniper but another year of development at the Jr. level would help him. Plus...great trade value next January to re-coup the overpayment that was given up for him to Niagara. Steamed..there's nothing wrong with our coaching staff or scouts...it's just that missing (our) 2nds last year and this and for the next two years has messed things up big time. most teams that are missing a 2nd trade for one giving up future assets from a year or two down the road which they recover later. We did not do that this year. Look at the Petes and Kingston at how they are re-building using last and this years drafts. They secured tons of 2nds and thirds and have re-stocked for the next two years. They will both be strong for the next three years.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Re Lessio. I would not be surprised to see him returned to the Gennies next year. He 's a great skater but, for the most part, plays as an individual. He plays like a star squirt or bantam player who can do whatever he wants on the ice because he has superior skills. Doesn't play a pro style. Everything BiggsTimeGensFan states above is dead on. I like Lessio's effort and he is a sniper but another year of development at the Jr. level would help him. Plus...great trade value next January to re-coup the overpayment that was given up for him to Niagara. Steamed..there's nothing wrong with our coaching staff or scouts...it's just that missing (our) 2nds last year and this and for the next two years has messed things up big time. most teams that are missing a 2nd trade for one giving up future assets from a year or two down the road which they recover later. We did not do that this year. Look at the Petes and Kingston at how they are re-building using last and this years drafts. They secured tons of 2nds and thirds and have re-stocked for the next two years. They will both be strong for the next three years.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:16 pm

jaycro wrote:Re Lessio. I would not be surprised to see him returned to the Gennies next year. He 's a great skater but, for the most part, plays as an individual. He plays like a star squirt or bantam player who can do whatever he wants on the ice because he has superior skills. Doesn't play a pro style. Everything BiggsTimeGensFan states above is dead on. I like Lessio's effort and he is a sniper but another year of development at the Jr. level would help him. Plus...great trade value next January to re-coup the overpayment that was given up for him to Niagara. Steamed..there's nothing wrong with our coaching staff or scouts...it's just that missing (our) 2nds last year and this and for the next two years has messed things up big time. most teams that are missing a 2nd trade for one giving up future assets from a year or two down the road which they recover later. We did not do that this year. Look at the Petes and Kingston at how they are re-building using last and this years drafts. They secured tons of 2nds and thirds and have re-stocked for the next two years. They will both be strong for the next three years.

I didn't say about about coaching take a look @ my last 3 letters LOL Laugh Out Loud Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm

yes we do have to wait till next year for this to happen but it sure would bring alot more to the table then what our current players we aquired are currentlly bringing to the table...

Its all here say, he says,she says and nothing we say or do is gonna change the outcome of this current series.We give our opinions when we feel like,maybe negetive and maybe positive but never the less we give it.We would all love to be in that GM spot and make the moves that would bring us the championship but it wont happen.So we just sit back watch and accept what happens year after year.Too bad as this year i truly had visions of the gens going to the 4th rd representing the east,guess not.So i sit back now and ponder whats to come next year, good or bad!!!

Either way i wont shy away from supporting the gens, my tickets are set for next year, so go gens go!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:37 pm

I was more pissed off @ last years team,getting knock out than this years team(but were not out yet),as I think we had a better team than this years edition just our coach(s) last year was bad let the players run the show and now this year coaching staff tried to correct it but can teach an old dog new tricks,this years coaching staff that just signed an extention will change the way things are done around here.

It is what it is cheers

Last edited by steamed on Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Steamed...I got your LOL, that you were talking tongue in cheek so to speak, but others were suggesting we were being outcoached. I was just trying to defend Smith and Twohey who WAS a little conservative at the trade deadline but is not responsible for our draft situation and the fact other GMs did not like what we had to offer. It is what it is! (I detest that expression!)

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:13 pm

When was the last time we had a decent 2nd round pick anyways? Biggs sure but only getting 1 year maybe 2 out of him sucks. I think you have to go way back for a decent 2nd rounder. 2nd rders off the top of my head, D.Corentte. D.Howard. Traded a 2nd for little used high 2nd pick N.Quinn. Appebly 3 drafts ago now have yet to use him. And I never heard of using a 2nd pick on a goalie and not giving him a shot.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm

De Haan

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:55 pm

de Haan was round 3

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm

After reviewing the Gens 2nd round picks over the last ten years, most have been disasters and three years we didn't have one. Biggs is the only gem in that time and he wasted much of his value by not reporting. BUT, they are valuable trading pieces; the highest coin in then realm! (except for 1st rounders who won't report!)

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 pm

core33 wrote:de Haan was round 3

My mistake. Thought he was a second

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08