Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Ideas

+13
opinionated
chupa81
core33
steamed
oshgens2k2
archer_gens
Gens Camper
mygens
StingRay5
Macker88
jaycro
WILLSPEN1966
KHE
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trade Ideas - Page 2 Empty Re: Trade Ideas

Post by core33 Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 am

I love our D and would like to see that kept in tact, no add ons or deletions unless injury before deadline. Sullentrop, Brown, Will P, Carlise, Van Sompel and Kuronen are all capable in this league. Ive really been impressed with Kuronen despite his limited ice time, same with Will P. last year.

I think they need a top 6 forward and a solid guy for 3/4 line duty. Unfortuatly the guys they would like to maybe ship out wont bring much back so itll be a tough time in the trade market. But like above, you can get the assets back when u trade your top talent next year. I really dont like trading away all your best players every 4 years though, would love to eventually be a London, Kitchener or Windsor in this league at some point. (not saying they don't trade their top guys, they just seem to be very competitive year in year out for the most part).

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

After last nights game vs Kingston, I say we need an enforcer! Kingston took advantage of this and were running our goalie with nobody stepping up! I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get one. Still 2 out of 3 on the weekend is good!!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:24 am

chupa81 wrote:After last nights game vs Kingston, I say we need an enforcer! Kingston took advantage of this and were running our goalie with nobody stepping up!  I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get one.  Still 2 out of 3 on the weekend is good!!
So funny you mentioned that. There were two things that I was thinking during last nights game.
#1 I've never seen a plug such as Mack Lemmon single handily get under the skin of a hockey team. That's what he did last night... he didn't even get a point last night but in my opinion his play motivated his team to the W.
#2 I realized how much this team misses Justice Dundas. He plays on the edge like Lemmon and that's what this team missed last night.

Oshawa SHOULD roll off 4 W's in a row here against some weak team in the East Division before heading up north. We shall see.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

saw this on the noof!!!!

As posted by Tony Saxon on the Guelph Storm blog. Guelph and Windsor have made a trade. Rychel and Koekkoek to Guelph for Brody Milne and picks.

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:03 pm

If Guelph does get rychel then I call the soo about nurse and fritche . It would cost a lot but nurse on the back end is huge and fritche is oa power forward . Soo can't beat Guelph, Erie or London now after rumoured rychel deal.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Lets hope Jeff Twohey is working the phones... I haven't been to impressed with his trading record.. Besides stealing Sterk from Kit. If we can make a playoff run and make it to the finals, lets go for it.. the playoff experience would go a long way for the future! We might not be able to beat the beasts in the west but lets go for it...

chupa81

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

KHE - You mentioned Mack Lemmon, This is a player who would have come very cheap to the Generals, and plays a role that they need on the third or fourth line. This is a type of move the Generals need to make, even when Dundas comes back. I really hope Twohey is working the phones, regardless of if we plan on being buyers or sellers at the deadline.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 am

Mack Lemmon is not what the Gens need he is a hit away from getting suspended for 10 to 15 and we have a player like that in Dundas, and Mack is not worth useing up a card.there are better players out there than Lemmon.if your waiting for a block buster trade it's not going to happen, Twohey will pick up and OA & Euro but it will be discards from other teams which will not cost anything.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Hate to admit it but I think you are right, steamed. The Gens have little to trade and as I have said repeatedly in the past, Twohey is known, historically,for his conservative approach. He is not a Burnett or a Hunter or a Rychel.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Everyone is saying the Gens need an enforcer or some Grit, and I have to agree with that. Mack Lemmon brings that, lots of players that play his style of game are a hit away from a long suspension. Heck in the OHL a skilled player that lifts his elbow a quarter of an inch is a hit away from a 10 gamer. I'm not saying Lemmon directly is what we need, but someone of his style, someone that plays a gritty, agitating game, but someone who can stay out of the box, and knows that fine line and when and when not to cross it. Dundas doesn't have a clue where that line is. I've only seen Lemmon play a few times but I liked what I saw if your thinking of him as a 4th line winger.

Twohey, is blowing my mind here, his stand still approach is not going to work. The Western teams are already loading up, wait til Barrie, Sudbury & Kingston load up. Then what? We have a good shot this year, I'm not saying sell the farm, but seriously some sort of upgrade is going to be needed if where serious about coming out of the East

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Here, here Macker88!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:07 pm

The type of player we needed went to the Bulls .... Brace would have been a perfect pick up.. I still don't know why the Bulls traded for him.

chupa81

Back to top Go down

Post by WILLSPEN1966 Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 pm

chupa81 wrote:The type of player we needed went to the Bulls .... Brace would have been a perfect pick up.. I still don't know why the Bulls traded for him.  
He won't be staying in Belleville. He will be traded before the trade deadline. Burnett got him for very little and now will holdout for maximum gain. Smart move.. Brace will go to the West for picks.
WILLSPEN1966
WILLSPEN1966

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:24 am

2nd-year forward Ryan Verbeek has left Windsor and could come cheap or in a package with Koekkoek,if we are buyers,if we are sellers Laughton stock has just risen,I'm wondering if London would make an offer the Gen's can't refuse, as I'm sure they have to do something, yeah there automaticly in the
MEM Cup but Guelph right now is in the driving seat and is the team to beat your move London  Wink
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

I agree Guelph looks good on paper!! Look at the Gens the last 2 years! All comes down on how the locker room is. I still say make a run, I would rather see these guys make a run experience goes a long way, and can only make us better for next year! The way the West is going the 3 headed monster are going to beat each other up. The East will have a much easier go, and you never know!!

chupa81

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Well you can cross off Ryan Verbeek.
Anthony Nicholson ‏@N24Nicholson the Windsor #Spitfires dealt F Ryan Verbeek to the Kingston #Fronts for F Sam Povorozniouk & KGN 4th Rd. 2016.
The Gens will know if Laughton is for sale or not by the way Kingston & Barrie trades.
I hope I'm wrong as we are a couple players away for contending,and I'm not so sure about trading for the future (next OHL Mem Cup) there is alot of uncertany(sp) if in 2 years DJ Smith which I think is a big part of this team may be coaching an AHL or NHL team.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:01 pm

That's a pretty steep price for Verbeek, in my opinion anyways. In 15 games this season Verbeek has 2 goals & 5 assists for 7 points. In 2012-13 he appeared in 49 games scoring 3 goals & 5 assists for 8 points. Povorozniouk has 17 points through 23 games in a 3rd line role with the Frontenacs this season. Last season in 66 games he had 35 points split between Kingston and Saginaw.

Povorozniouk is a 95 where as Verbeek is a 96, Povorozniouk is undrafted or un-signed by any NHL club an at this point is likely to be a candidate as an overage player in 2 years. I personally think Windsor actually got a far better deal here. They get a 3rd year player with 2 more years of service who will contribute in a top 6 role in Windsor. And a 4th round pick down the road, a 4th round pick is likely a top 75 prospect. Verbeek was playing a 4th line role in Windsor or getting healthy scratched. I really don't see him getting much more ice in Kingston as they're really deep at forward. He's likely a 4th line regular.

This is a move I'm glad Oshawa didn't make as I don't see Verbeek as much of an upgrade over Manchurek, Harding, Busch, Wallace or Mcdade. Don't get me wrong they're may be a slight difference, but not enough to give away a roster player and a 4th round pick.

As for the Generals situation. It pains me to see us sit still. This is Junior Hockey, not the NHL. You can't build for the future when you don't exactly no what the future will hold, there is far to much uncertainty in Junior hockey. As Steamed mentioned, DJ Smith could be gone, he's a great coach. Dal Colle could make the NHL next year, Cassels could be kept in the AHL. That combined with graduating players, we would have no tradeable assets. In Junior hockey when there's a legitimate change to succeed you need to go for it. You can't say oh well Erie and Guelph loaded up, where screwed. You might not get a better chance to go for it in the next 10 years. Being just 2 or 3 players away, you have to go for it. Does that mean you have to mortgage the future, not completely but you have to give a little to get a little. With that being said, if the Generals are going to be sellers they better start selling as most contenders have already made big moves.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:38 am

Macker88 wrote:That's a pretty steep price for Verbeek, in my opinion anyways. In 15 games this season Verbeek has 2 goals & 5 assists for 7 points. In 2012-13 he appeared in 49 games scoring 3 goals & 5 assists for 8 points. Povorozniouk has 17 points through 23 games in a 3rd line role with the Frontenacs this season. Last season in 66 games he had 35 points split between Kingston and Saginaw.

Povorozniouk is a 95 where as Verbeek is a 96, Povorozniouk is undrafted or un-signed by any NHL club an at this point is likely to be a candidate as an overage player in 2 years. I personally think Windsor actually got a far better deal here. They get a 3rd year player with 2 more years of service who will contribute in a top 6 role in Windsor. And a 4th round pick down the road, a 4th round pick is likely a top 75 prospect. Verbeek was playing a 4th line role in Windsor or getting healthy scratched. I really don't see him getting much more ice in Kingston as they're really deep at forward. He's likely a 4th line regular.

This is a move I'm glad Oshawa didn't make as I don't see Verbeek as much of an upgrade over Manchurek, Harding, Busch, Wallace or Mcdade. Don't get me wrong they're may be a slight difference, but not enough to give away a roster player and a 4th round pick.

As for the Generals situation. It pains me to see us sit still. This is Junior Hockey, not the NHL. You can't build for the future when you don't exactly no what the future will hold, there is far to much uncertainty in Junior hockey. As Steamed mentioned, DJ Smith could be gone, he's a great coach. Dal Colle could make the NHL next year, Cassels could be kept in the AHL. That combined with graduating players, we would have no tradeable assets. In Junior hockey when there's a legitimate change to succeed you need to go for it. You can't say oh well Erie and Guelph loaded up, where screwed. You might not get a better chance to go for it in the next 10 years. Being just 2 or 3 players away, you have to go for it. Does that mean you have to mortgage the future, not completely but you have to give a little to get a little. With that being said, if the Generals are going to be sellers they better start selling as most contenders have already made big moves.

I agree with you.. Someone needs to wake up Jeff Twohey, either go for it, or start selling! As fans we know what the team needs, lets up he does!!

chupa81

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:07 am

Trades are easier said than done,as fans we don't know whats happening behind the scene,maybe Twohey is trying but maybe teams are asking too much or not giving enough.the tradeing deadline is not till another month.why don't we wait till then to make a judgement,all the trades that happend so far were either way to much to trade or not the player we needed.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 pm

If Twohey thinks teams are asking too much, then he needs to re-set his thinking.

He either needs to adjust so that "too much" isn't too much, or become a seller, and ask for "too much" himself.

I don't think the Gens can afford to stand pat - doing so will just leave us with a team that has a mediocre run in the playoffs and a mediocre future.

The teams that are going for it this year are loading up - if the Gens are going for it, they need to do the same. If they're not going for it, they need to unload Laughton and a few others and get a good return for them to strengthen the team for the future.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:19 pm

opinionated wrote:If Twohey thinks teams are asking too much, then he needs to re-set his thinking.

He either needs to adjust so that "too much" isn't too much, or become a seller, and ask for "too much" himself.

I don't think the Gens can afford to stand pat - doing so will just leave us with a team that has a mediocre run in the playoffs and a mediocre future.

The teams that are going for it this year are loading up - if the Gens are going for it, they need to do the same.  If they're not going for it, they need to unload Laughton and a few others and get a good return for them to strengthen the team for the future.

We don't know what teams are asking and giveing,you don't make a trade just to make a trade. Fans are going to blame Twohey for giving to much for a player or not the right player or not making a trade.Like I said we as fans don't know what goes behind the scene who Jeff is talking to.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm

steamed wrote:Trades are easier said than done,as fans we don't know whats happening behind the scene,maybe Twohey is trying but maybe teams are asking too much or not giving enough.the tradeing deadline is not till another month.why don't we wait till then to make a judgement,all the trades that happend so far were either way to much to trade or not the player we needed.
Brace was a player we needed and he went to the Bulls for pretty cheap

chupa81

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 pm

chupa81 wrote:
steamed wrote:Trades are easier said than done,as fans we don't know whats happening behind the scene,maybe Twohey is trying but maybe teams are asking too much or not giving enough.the tradeing deadline is not till another month.why don't we wait till then to make a judgement,all the trades that happend so far were either way to much to trade or not the player we needed.
Brace was a player we needed and he went to the Bulls for pretty cheap

Yeah he did come cheap but how do you know that we had a 2nd as we did give up a lot of draft picks for Lesio and Altshuller,and it may not of been the player the Gen's are targeting.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Twohey didn't make a splash in tradeing as of yet and already getting critizied for not making a trde boy I can't wait till he makes one,then will have a disscusion on he gave way to much or he should of also included this player, his is doomed either way.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

steamed wrote:Twohey didn't make a splash in tradeing as of yet and already getting critizied for not making a trde boy I can't wait till he makes one,then will have a disscusion on he gave way to much or he should of also included this player, his is doomed either way.
He didn't do anything real good last year either.. I hope he is holding out for something real good.. Best deal he's made was to get Sterk. My thought is he's waiting to see how the team does during the next 10 games when we lose some players and go from there! Nobody would of thought we would be in first, so lets just enjoy it while we can!Very Happy 

chupa81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next