Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gens are sellers. Not good news

+13
Oshawa fan
mygens
GensAdmin
sportznut
Gens Camper
WILLSPEN1966
jaycro
Macker88
fullbright
KHE
chupa81
steamed
StingRay5
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Gens are sellers.   Not good news - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by steamed Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm a long time season ticket holder,yeah I like to see the Gen win & OHL tittle's, Mem cups but will I support the team win or lose,good dissions or bad dissions
(I may not like the dissions) but that won't stop me being an Season ticket holder.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

The Gens are sellers.   Not good news - Page 3 Empty Win Or lose - we will stick with the GENS

Post by Gens Camper Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:12 am

We all agree we want to win - BUT there is only 1 winner , our last trip to the Cup run was due to team chemistry and goaltending - we upset the favourite being Ottawa - if you get Hot at the end with no injuries and great goaltending anything can happen

Last year Sudbury traded some of their top players and played better with the kids

Trades are no always as easy as we think

Last edited by Gens Camper on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

The Gens are sellers.   Not good news - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by mygens Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:37 pm

ERIE has been a bottom feeder for years , someone should check in with Sherry Bassin , ask him if it was worth it today ?

I would rather be at the bottom , watching kids and the organization build a legitimate contender ( like we have this year ) than be in the middle of the pack year in and year out to sell tickets and go nowhere !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:41 pm

I've been to memorial cups 1983, 1987, 1990 , 1997 ………there is no feeling like it , this has been very discouraging since 1997 ! Something has got to change

How does London do it ? money bags I guess ??? how about Kelowna ? small town , amazing organization !!!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Great coaching and GREAT scouting

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:19 am

I don't think you need to be a bottom feeder for awhile to win. It's not just London. Look at a team like Barrie. They went 57-9 in 2009-10. There was no tanking before that, they were decent, at least a middle of the pack team for several years before that, certainly more than the four-year cycle that the tanking model would indicate. They did finish last the following year in 2010-11 because of all the guys they lost but then were right back up there the next year and consistently good ever since. I'm not convinced that their consistent success in the last three years is based on one season finishing last. As Gens Camper said, it's great coaching, scouting and I would add drafting as well. Just a well-run organization that's consistently icing very good teams.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:25 pm

I agree , and we haven't had that kind of organization for a very long time, problems with ownership , then terrible gm's and coaches , been tough and very frustrating

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Didn't know were to put but some players that are mentioned that the Gens maybe interested in less than 14 days till deadline

2014 OHL Trade Deadline Preview

The OHL trade deadline is fast approaching, as we inch closer to January 9 and 10. January 9 is the deadline for overage players (1993 birth dates this year) to move, while the 10th serves as the deadline for all other players.

We’ve already had a ton of movement in the league this year, with many of the rumoured big stars (Brendan Gaunce, Kerby Rychel, Jesse Graham) already trading places. It certainly makes you wonder how much movement is left in the league. There are always deals though and I’d expect several more “bigger” ones this year because of how wide open the league looks right now.

Let’s examine some of the possible players available:

Radek Faksa

With Kitchener’s struggles this year, he’s long been rumoured as a trade target. He serves as the top forward on the market (or at least neck and neck with Hartman), but there are some challenges in trading him. Firstly, he doesn’t seem to want to move as he’s apparently already kyboshed one deal this season. Secondly, as an Import player, you need to find a partner who’s got a spot open or is willing to trade one of the current imports on their roster. All that said, he’s a great two-way center who I think could still flourish if he’s not the go to offensive guy, something he’s struggled with at times in Kitchener. Oshawa and Barrie are prime targets in the East, as they both have Import spots open (although Barrie would have to include or release the rights to top 2014 Swedish player Adrien Kempe). In the West, Sault Ste. Marie and Saginaw could be matches, as both could use a top center and both have Imports that could be deemed “expendable,” (Jorgen Karterud and Andrey Alexeev).

Max Iafrate

While I’m not sure Kitchener wants to deal Iafrate because he’s a near sure bet to return as an overager next year, however, I think they’ll get some interesting offers for him. He’s improved a lot this year and has turned himself into a real quality defenseman. There are a lot of OHL teams out there with a need for a rugged, intimidating force on the blue line and Iafrate is just that. Specifically, I think the Kingston Frontenacs could be a good match, even if they’ve already picked up a quality defenseman from the Rangers in Evan McEneny. I also see North Bay as a good match in the East. In the West, I could definitely see the Soo Greyhounds having interest.

Matia Marcantuoni

There’s no question that Marcantuoni’s development in Kitchener hasn’t exactly gone according to plan. Injuries have heavily derailed the talented forward’s growth as a player, including this season where he hasn’t played since November after aggravating a past shoulder injury. Since he’s been out of the lineup, many of the team’s young offensive stars have passed him on the depth chart and I believe it’s time for a fresh start elsewhere. I’m not sure what type of return they’d be able to get for him, but I’d be surprised if they weren’t exploring that option. I see him heading to the East where he can get a new chance to shine. For example, the Sudbury Wolves are surging and I’m sure they’d be willing to take him on in hopes that he can provide some secondary scoring for them.

Nic Latta

There aren’t a lot of teams with room for an overager, but this Sting forward could be a very valuable addition to someone’s lineup. He’s a human buzz saw who is incredibly aggressive without the puck, but whose offensive skills have also taken a huge step forward this year with increased ice time. The Oshawa Generals are really the only competitive team with room for an overage player (or two) and I see them taking advantage of that open space. Whether that ends up being Latta, or one of the other overage players on this list, remains to be seen.

Ryan Hartman

Mike Vellucci and the Plymouth Whalers are not normally a team who rebuilds and trades off assets, but I don’t think they turn down the opportunity to deal Hartman for some youth. It’d be a great chance to reclaim some of the assets lost in the Vincent Trocheck deal. Hartman would carry a heavy price tag but that won’t stop teams from lining up for his services when he returns from the WJC’s. Last year, he was fantastic after returning from the tournament (where he gained a lot of confidence), so teams will be banking on him replicating that after a bit of a slow start to his OHL season this year. I think the London Knights are the most obvious suitor for Hartman. He’s the type of player who was born to play for the Hunters and they have a lot of young assets that they could give up (Platzer, MacDonald, Centorame, picks). But, needless to say, pretty much every team in the hunt will be going hard after Hartman.

Luke Mercer

While he currently serves as the team captain and isn’t the most likely to be dealt, I think Marty Williamson and the Dogs would be foolish not to listen to offers for him. Carter Verhaeghe is more than capable of filling that captain’s role and Mercer likely has more value than people realize. He’s a very solid defenseman who doesn’t get much credit and he’s a strong bet to return as an overage player next year. Perhaps the Owen Sound Attack could look at Mercer. He’d be a great addition for their playoff push this year, but even more valuable next year when their younger defense could use a big boost. Of course, Niagara could always keep him for that very same reason.

Trevor Carrick

Carrick is definitely the top defenseman available (unless Slater Koekkoek really is available), after his breakout campaign in which he leads the league in defenseman goal scoring with 14. He’s a pure rental, but his asking price is likely through the roof (given what Jesse Graham and Nick Ebert have fetched). I think the top three teams for his services are Barrie, Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie as they could use the most help on their power play and could use some more experience on their blue lines. If I was a betting man, I’d say Barrie for picks and a younger player like CJ Garcia or Michael Webster. Not to mention, it’d give him an opportunity to play with his younger brother Josh.

Dylan Smoskowitz

The Steelheads other big piece is Smoskowitz, who would make a solid addition to any team’s top 6. However, he’s an overager and I think the market is limited in this regard (as I alluded to earlier). However, I could definitely see the Generals interested in his services depending on the price.

Cameron Brace

Belleville already acquired Brace this year and he’s been playing MUCH better lately. He holds a lot of value as a two-way player and penalty killer and should draw interest from clubs, even if he’s an overager. Again, I see Oshawa interested in bringing him into the fold, even if their PK is already the 2nd best in the league.

Ryan Van Stralen

See Latta, Smoskowitz, and Brace. Van Stralen is a very solid player who could provide great forward depth to a team looking to improve their 2nd or 3rd line. He bangs bodies and has enough skill to score in close. If London makes a move to acquire a guy like Slater Koekkoek, I could see them ousting Alex Basso or Brady Austin which would open up an OA spot for a big power forward like Van Stralen. That said, Oshawa remains the most likely suitor, if they’re interested.

Joseph Blandisi

I’m not sure if Ottawa is looking to trade him, but as a bottom feeding team, they’d be stupid not to look into it. Blandisi would be a very valuable addition to any OHL club because he’s a well-rounded player who could assume a bevy of different roles. I could really see him in just about any other OHL team’s colours. That said, I see him going to the West since he’s already played there and teams know he can handle the more intense in Conference play. The Soo Greyhounds or the Saginaw Spirit could be a great match.

Clark Seymour

I sound a bit like a broken record, but here’s another OA available in a pretty dried up market. Seymour is certainly a very solid player. His puck skills have improved a bit and he remains a physical force on the blue line. I don’t see Oshawa using their open OA spots on a blue liner, which leaves the Petes likely hanging on to Seymour unless they get a team who feels they have a bigger need on D and decide to swap OA’s…like say, the North Bay Battalion.

Michael Clarke

Since starting the year so poorly, Michael Clarke has been better lately and is averaging nearly a point per game since November. The Avalanche draft pick can provide a lot of different things to a team when he’s on top of his game, but finding that consistency has always been difficult. He’d be best suited going to a club where he can assume a 3rd line center role and there are likely teams out there who would be interested in his services if the price isn’t too high. I think either Kingston or Erie could be great fits.

Jake Paterson

Is he available? It’s pretty hard to say. He certainly hasn’t been sharp in the OHL this year and is in danger of losing his job to Nikita Serebryakov. Could the Spirit decide to sell high, especially since he is a pretty likely bet to turn pro next year, giving the job to Serebryakov anyway? The question is, just how good is the market for goaltending anyway? The Guelph Storm could obviously look to solidify their goaltending situation after bouncing between Justin Nichols and Matt Mancina this year. In the East, only North Bay has a huge need for a goaltender among competitive teams. While he’s away in Sweden (as what’s looking like Canada’s starting netminder), it’ll be interesting to see this situation develop. If Guelph is serious about going for the Memorial Cup this year, I think they put in an offer.

Brady Vail

Windsor has been outstanding lately, even after trading Kerby Rychel and Nick Ebert. The question is, will this stop them from dealing more of their star players for future assets. I don’t think it’s in Warren Rychel’s nature to do something half way. If you’re going to trade your own son, I’d say you’re pretty committed to a rebuild…even if your team is winning. That means guys like Vail and Koekkoek are still likely on the block. Vail would obviously be a huge catch for any team based on his ability to play both ends of the ice, and set up plays for his line mates. Similar to Ryan Hartman, there’d likely be many teams lining up for his services. Erie could be a terrific fit, as he could slide to the wing on a line with Connor McDavid, or drop to the third line behind McDavid and Gaunce down the middle. I could also see him with the Soo or on any of the top teams in the East.

Slater Koekkoek

The real wild card of the OHL trade deadline this year. He apparently already nixed a trade to Guelph this year (eventually leading to Ebert being the one shipped out) because he likes Windsor. He’s had a ton of trouble staying healthy in his OHL career thus far, but has managed to do so this year. Likely, he’s enjoying that “comfort.” That said, he’d fetch a HUGE return in a trade and Windsor has to be trying to convince him to move. I’ve heard rumblings to suggest that he’d accept a deal to London, but they’ve already made so many changes to their blue line, you’d have to wonder how interested they are. If not London, maybe the Kingston Frontenacs surprise and put a big offer together? Kingston is the closest competitive team to Koekkoek’s home town, so maybe he’d accept a deal there.

With a trade freeze in effect until after the World Juniors, there won’t be dealings until then. But I’d expect a flurry of deals when the window opens, many of them including the players that I’ve listed above.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:44 am

I really think all they need is a 30+ goal scorer, I like every other part of this team. I cant see Brace costing all that much, a bit more then what Belleville got him for. I like our D, I would hate to see it touched at all, and that's a rarety, ive never felt that way in 20 years. That includes '97 when I think they should have traded Jeff Ware when he came back from the Leafs. Don't sell, go for it, no regrets, if it doesn't work u can still sell next year which is likely.

I saw a couple of posts saying suck for a couple of years and get high picks, Oshawa just did that and it did not work out. Tavares and Del Zotto were 1st and 2nd overall and yes got to the semis but got smoked, brutal trades didn't help. Then traded those two players in their last year and still didn't really benefit by giving up a lot of the extra picks to get puck hog Lessio.

Go for it, the East is week anyways, itd would be a good year to go for it. Don't get role players, we have role players, get one top 6 forward.

Cant see #21 going to Erie, they were already the top scoring team and then got Guance. London just wants to counter and get somebody better, it makes total sense. If they overpay, I say go for it, but get back immediate help as well. But I do not want to see him go, great team player, way better then the leaders the last 2-3 years.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Nic Latta
The Oshawa Generals are really the only competitive team with room for an overage player (or two).

I'm wondering what was meant "room for an overage player (or two)" Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:10 am

Look out - 1 st place is in doubt unless we can win 1 or 2 SOON - The heart of the GENS is in Sweden now what

Are we buyers or Sellers - tough job for our G M

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:24 am

I got this funny feeling that Ryan Van Stralen will be a General by the end of the week if not sooner.
I can see McDade & 3rd going back to Ottawa.
Good game today just took the foot of the pedal in the 3rd. Very Happy
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 am

wheres your proof of this trade????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:31 am

And if it is true im very happy cause the team needs it desperitlly right now.....Even with the few players we are missing the team should be playing alot better then they are....They need more balance to this team and add a few more players here n there cause lets face it....Ya cant depend on just 1 or 2 players to get ya through to be a top contender....Especailly with what the west teams have done and look like...I dont think london will win the west witch means who ever is going to join london is going to have to do it by winning the OHL crown and do it the hard way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:53 am

I'd love to see Van Stralen with the Generals, I think he'd add what we need to the lineup. I think that's a bit much to give up for him though. He's an OA so where he can go is limited, an I think this plays in Oshawa's favor. I'm thinking the highest pick Ottawa would get is a 5th or maybe a 4th in a later year, along with a guy like Hore or more picks, but late ones like 9th or later.

Just a little side note, I took in the Mississauga Vs Barrie game earlier in the day an I just wanted to add a few things given Barrie being so close to the Gens in the standings an Mississauga being a possible trading partner.

Barrie's goaltending looked rather week and against a stronger club they would have been easily defeated. Barrie played a physical game an was hard on the forecheck all game. Hooey, Bradford & Athanasiou really stood out.
As for Mississauga, Dylan Smoskowitz was easily they best player on the ice for either team. He was great on the forecheck, played really well on the PK and was great screening the goalie on the PP. really good on Faceoffs as well. If the Generals are looking for an upgrade on Hughes, this is the guy I want.
Carrick, played really physical and moved the puck pretty well, but he looked disinterested and slow footed. I've only seen him play twice an both times he seemed the same way. I think he'd be a decent pick up but not worth a hell of a lot in my opinion.

I'd really target Smoskowitz, Van Stralen, Latta & Clark Seymour as OA's if we get two of those guys it increases are chances by a hell of a lot.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 am

BIGGSTIMEGENSFAN wrote:wheres your proof of this trade????

I never said there was a trade it was just my opinion
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:10 am

Macker88 wrote:I'd love to see Van Stralen with the Generals, I think he'd add what we need to the lineup. I think that's a bit much to give up for him though. He's an OA so where he can go is limited, an I think this plays in Oshawa's favor. I'm thinking the highest pick Ottawa would get is a 5th or maybe a 4th in a later year, along with a guy like Hore or more picks, but late ones like 9th or later.

Just a little side note, I took in the Mississauga Vs Barrie game earlier in the day an I just wanted to add a few things given Barrie being so close to the Gens in the standings an Mississauga being a possible trading partner.

Barrie's goaltending looked rather week and against a stronger club they would have been easily defeated. Barrie played a physical game an was hard on the forecheck all game. Hooey, Bradford & Athanasiou really stood out.
As for Mississauga, Dylan Smoskowitz was easily they best player on the ice for either team. He was great on the forecheck, played really well on the PK and was great screening the goalie on the PP. really good on Faceoffs as well. If the Generals are looking for an upgrade on Hughes, this is the guy I want.
Carrick, played really physical and moved the puck pretty well, but he looked disinterested and slow footed. I've only seen him play twice an both times he seemed the same way. I think he'd be a decent pick up but not worth a hell of a lot in my opinion.

I'd really target Smoskowitz, Van Stralen, Latta & Clark Seymour as OA's if we get two of those guys it increases are chances by a hell of a lot.

Ottawa is not going to just trade Van Stralen for a 5th or a 4th they would also want a young player and I think that player would be Mcdade as he is a local kid.(around the Ottawa area)and I wouldn't be surpised if we also aquire Latta I can see a package including Hore here as his brother plays in Sarnia I don't think this trade will happen.Also I was watching and OHL game yesterday and they were mentioning Bassin was following  Mississauga for the last week stating he is looking @ Carrick and could be more of a 2 for 1 deal in the works,time will tell.Jan 9th oa's & Jan 10th the rest.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Jeff Twohey just said on Rogers during todays game..the Generals are BUYERS!! They will move picks if they have to. Trying to add OA and import player. Looks like they will make a run for it. Doenst sound like he will sell the farm though to get players, mentioned theres a fine line to getting what you need and seliing your future.

Haven't been happy with Twoheys trades yet ( Karlsson was pointless, mises well have kept Uvria, McGuire was a waste of time, Dundas was def not worth Tyler Hore ---think of the blueline we could have had, Urbanic was for picks...so I guess thats not bad, Sterk was the best one, steal there) Lets hope he pulls some good moves off.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Great News ! I'm thinking if they didn't get points out of Plymouth, Ottawa & North Bay things could have swung the other way. None the less great news.
I'm curious as to what import they'll look to bring in. Radek Faksa is by far the best import available, but being a 1st round NHL draft pick he'll probably cost a fair bit.

Personally I'd like to see are open OA spot go to Clark Seymour of the Peterborough Petes. This kid is tough as nails, should be in the AHL with Wilkes-Barre, but the Penguins back end depth is so strong he was sent back. He'll be great with Josh Brown come playoffs. On top of that I'd like to see Brian Hughes be flipped for a more useful OA. With all do respect Hughes has been a decent role player for the Generals, but he's very one dimensional, an one could argue, guys like McDade, Busch and Wallace are just as good an as useful if not better, but 3, 4 years younger. Dylan Smoskowitz of Mississauga would be my pick. He'll cost less then Nick Latta who I'd love, and he's a little more useful then Ryam Van Stralen who I'd also love. Smoskowitz is a great two way player, great on the PK an is a top scorer for the Steelheads so you no he can contribute offensively.

Whatever we do, we need to take advantage of the OA spot we hold, not many other teams... If any in contention have a free OA spot so it puts in an exclusive place in negotiations for an OA. Same goes for our import spot. The back end needs some depth. At least one veteran guy. And we could use some proven secondary scoring as well as a depth forward.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:53 pm

5forfighting wrote:
Haven't been happy with Twoheys trades yet ( Karlsson was pointless, mises well have kept Uvria,  McGuire was a waste of time,  Dundas was def not worth Tyler Hore ---think  of the blueline we could have had,  Urbanic was for picks...so I guess thats not bad,  Sterk was the best one, steal there)  Lets hope he pulls some good moves off.

Don't forget the acquisition of Hunter Smith. I think that one will turn out just fine. Uvria was unhappy here but Karlsson was no help. Dundas had (has - i am not sure which). He can play but he needs to learn to stay out of the box.

This year will be a test to see what Twohey can do. It takes two willing partners to trade and there has to be an upside for each team. Giving up the future for now has consequences (but I am not saying don't do it).

The next 9 days are going to be interesting.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Dundas makes me wanna rip my hair out. The kid can actually play hockey, but lately I haven't seen it. He just takes dumb penalties. If we could get something for him, say picks, an then move those picks for a similar player with a better head on his shoulders, I'd do it in a second.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Macker88 wrote:Dundas makes me wanna rip my hair out. The kid can actually play hockey, but lately I haven't seen it. He just takes dumb penalties. If we could get something for him, say picks, an then move those picks for a similar player with a better head on his shoulders, I'd do it in a second.

who would replace Dundas? you need that role filled or other teams will be taken runs at or guys! Just for the record actually the last few games Dundas has played very well.....for his role on this team
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:38 pm

I know you need a guy of his character, don't get me wrong. He just has proven to be very selfish in his penalty taking. An come playoffs it could be the difference between winning an losing . They're arent many fights in the playoffs so a physical presence over an enforcer would be ideal. To be honest though, not really sure who's out there that would replace what he brings. I just wish he'd smarten the hell up. An play hockey because when he does he is very good

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Is it too late to talk Arturs Gavrus into coming back? He would make a nice addition at no cost to fill the import spot. If not, I like Latta if the price is right....Matt Hore and a 3rd makes sense! Also like Van Stralen...adds size and experience and fills the overage position. Also like Blandisi, but being a potential and likely overage next year, the price would be higher than Van Stralen.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 am

Is it to late to see if Thomas Di Pauli or Kelly Summers would skip out on their NCAA commitments ? Damn those would be to great additions ! I think Matt Hore & a 3rd but not in the coming draft would be fair. Maybe Hore a 2015 3rd and 2014 7th. Sarnia is probably seeking some D help though so it could be interesting.
Blandisi would be a great, some what under the radar pickup. Blandisi playing with Laughton and Dal Colle would be a great line, lots of speed, playmaking & scoring. I've long been an advocate for Van Stralen, a big strong winger who plays tough and can score would be a solid pickup. If we get these 3 up front and a defensemen I think we can legitimately compete with the West winner.

A possible deal with Ottawa makes a lot of sense. I say we could send them, McDade, Hughes, a couple picks and the rights to Kelly Summers/ a conditional pick for Blandisi, Van Stralen and a depth d-man like Nevin Guy.

A deal with Sarnia makes sense as well, Latta and big tough defensive defensemen Josh Chapman could be a nice add. I'm guessing Sarnia would be interested in Hore, maybe would be willing to take back Hughes and a 3rd in '15 5th/6th in '15.

I still would like to look to Mississauga for Smoskowitz and maybe Carrick if the price is right.

As well as Kitchener for Radek Faksa although his price could be huge. Max Iafrate on the point would be a solid pickup an so would Matia Marcantuoni. His point totals won't blow you away but he's a solid all around hockey player.

Either way I think the generals need to add 2 forwards and 1 defensemen to really have a chance at the finals

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next