Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gens are sellers. Not good news

+13
Oshawa fan
mygens
GensAdmin
sportznut
Gens Camper
WILLSPEN1966
jaycro
Macker88
fullbright
KHE
chupa81
steamed
StingRay5
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Gens are sellers.   Not good news - Page 4 Empty Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by sportznut Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:57 pm

I really like Blandisi too, this would be a great pick up. However, if Nick Ritchie was available, I would like to see the Gens make a pitch for him. We could seriously use his toughness along with his offensive abilities.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

The Gens are sellers.   Not good news - Page 4 Empty Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Nick Ritchie would be exactly what we need in my opinion. But there is little to know chance he's available, an even if he was I doubt Peterborough would be willing to trade him to Oshawa. He's going to be a first round NHL pick, but will likely be back in the O for the 2014-2015 season.
Peterborough is likely going to be a solid team in 2014-2015, with Ritchie, Cornel, Spencer, Lizotte, Varga, Webb, Lorentz, Maguire, Betzold, Stefano and Giugovaz all returning for sure unless a trade happens. On top of those guys three of Michael Clarke, Josh MacDonald, Brandon Devlin, Connor Boland, Stephen Pierog & Chase Hatcher are eligible to be overager's. I only see Boland and Clarke having a small chance at cracking an AHL team so potentially they could all return an then whoever they deem to be expendable could be moved for picks or younger players. Throw in a relatively high 1st round pick in the upcoming draft and a couple imports and Peterborough could be one of the top teams in the East next season.

The only way Ritchie ends up in Oshawa is if he demanded a trade an Oshawa was the only team he'd go to. Plus it would cost us Vande Sompel or Harding, plus, plus and plus.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Great news that our Gm wants to improve the team for this year , we are buyers !!!! makes complete sense , i'm very encouraged , it may be tough to get what we want , but getting another solid overager , hopefully defense ( seymore ) would be great ! Another vet forward with some size would be nice as well , having said that we have to be prepared to give some future up , and I am !

i would be ok , moving , Hore , Mcdade , Manchurak , Dundas ( if we then bring in a tough guy in his place ) , hopefully won't have to move Wallace , Harding , or Busch !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:18 pm

As long as we don't give up Vande Sompel or Harding I'm okay with moving younger guys if, quality players are coming in. If we are to acquire some combination of forward & defenseman such as Ryan Hartman & Gianluca Curcurto from Plymouth or Brady Vail & Slater Koekkoek from Windsor the expect to see either Harding or Vande Sompel involved. I'm not saying it won't hurt our future because it will, but that's going to be the asking price.

I too would be okay with moving Hore, McDade, Manchurek & Dundas. I'm sort of disappointed in Manchurek, he showed well as a call up last season, but this year he hasn't really done anything for me. I feel he's been passed on the depth chart by Harding, Busch, Wallace and even McDade. Hore is in an out, mostly out of the lineup so its almost addition without subtraction if he moves. Dundas when he's got his head on is a solid two way player, but more often then not he's a loose cannon an takes dumb penalties and doesn't add much if anything offensively. McDade, I think is a solid 3rd/4th liner at this point and while I'd like to see him stick around he's like on his way out as I'm sure Thowey would rather move him then Wallace Harding or Busch

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:41 pm

i agree

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4