Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again folks. Davies returns to the Gens.

+12
bigE88
gensfan 2k2
GENNY
wannabe
Gens Camper
Gennies22
Generalizations
hockeybeats
gensrock
mygens
steamed
archer_gens
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here we go again folks. Davies returns to the Gens. - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go again folks. Davies returns to the Gens.

Post by jaycro Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:17 pm

I agree with gensfan2k2. Things were worse under the Selwood/ Davies regime. We had a better draft this year than the last four (overlook the obvious picks that were no brainers). I thought the hiring of a former Kitchener scout and DeBoer's presence at the draft were indicators he was "in". It would have been nice! What a mess!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Here we go again folks. Davies returns to the Gens. - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go again folks. Davies returns to the Gens.

Post by gensrock Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:03 pm

jaycro wrote:I agree with gensfan2k2. Things were worse under the Selwood/ Davies regime. We had a better draft this year than the last four (overlook the obvious picks that were no brainers). I thought the hiring of a former Kitchener scout and DeBoer's presence at the draft were indicators he was "in". It would have been nice! What a mess!

so...the big question I have for anyone who can actually answer it is.......can anyone actually confirmthat Mr. Deboer was actually involved / was at the draft table representing the Oshawa Generals....or are we assuming he was?
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan 2k2 Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:03 pm

I know someone who happened to meet up with Generals staff (Coach, scouts) at an establishment after the draft. He is credible and said Peter Deboer was in fact at the draft table and was very influential with our head scout.(per head scout Mike Kelly) Deboer was very satisfied with the draft. You can see a change in our draft philosophy with going after guys who might report and in fact are now reporting. (Sullentop, Biggs next year) In previous years the Generals didn't draft that way, teams like Kitchener do.

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:17 pm

On the day of the draft i was on the generals website and their was a photograph taken at the draft table, in that photo was peter deboer. Now everybody is going to have opinions of weather he was involved or not.He had a huge say in what devoloped on draft day.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:10 pm

I also think he helped at the import draft as well

We went into the draft with 2 picks

came back with 2 picks plus 2 future draft picks by trading down

Great moves

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm

regarding this entire ownership situation, no wonder Oshawa didn't get the Memorial Cup a couple of years ago as it's just another example of how the Memorial Cup committe made the right choice in not selecting Oshawa - and because of this mess, Oshawa won't get it the next time either unfortunately!! It's too bad, but what a joke this once proud franchise has become!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:46 pm

need to fix the ownership mess now so we have a chance at the mem cup game..... even though its probably windsor bound
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 am

The Memorial Cup will stay in the west

We won't have a team or ownership group to apply

or an owner with $$$$

Maybe the Soo - By the time it comes here Windsor could be starting to rebuild as Ellis and Hall could be gone

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2