Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing

+4
GENNY
Generalizations
gmc 118
Gens Camper
8 posters

Go down

Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing Empty Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:03 am

Well you want to see your team

The next 14 games - 9 at home and 5 on the road before x mas

BUT 3 are top teams - London - This Sunday - Windsor and Mississauga later

Well with exactly 1 /3 of the season over if we can play the same - 3 x 18 pts = 54 pts - no playoffs

BUT - Good news most of the games will be in the weak east

Who came up with this DUMB - back to back home games - SAT & SUN - 2 weeks - Sat night then Sun afternoon - again in Jan

I predict our lowest crowd on Sat night

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing Empty Re: Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing

Post by gmc 118 Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:47 pm

As far as i am aware the league makes the schedule and both teams come to agreement.The generals told the league when the schedule is being made they wanted saturday night games instead of afternoon games.If you are a family person this makes more sense.Alot of people do there shopping in saturday, and alot of kids are at the arena themselves.When the schedule came out, i was excited for some saturday night games.Oh in case you arnt aware, the LEAFS dont play that night.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing Empty Re: Home cooking - usually a GOOD thing

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:16 pm

You are missing something - why both

They play Sat evening then less than 18 hrs play the next day

Sun afternoon

Bad idea for a last place team

I liked the survey idea to see what the fans want

Not some suits deciding for me

You pay your season tickets - before the schedule is released

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Lots of teams play saturday night and then sunday afternoon.
The gens wanted saturday to be night games and that sunday is grey cup sunday, so they always play in the afternoon on that day.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Grey Cup would not cost you any fans

It's not the Super bowl

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:39 pm

The sunday afternoon games for the grey cup and superbowl, I believe is league schedule.Not the gens schedule.This is the ohl, many teams play 3 games in 2 and 1/2 days. You have to accomodate both teams just not the home team.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:06 pm

All teams are required to submit X number of available dates to the OHL for games to be scheduled. This essentially boils down to having 2.5 homes nights available per week, whether or not a home game is scheduled. If we submit every Friday and Sunday, we must also submit another day of the week, be it Thursday or Saturday. I suggest contacting Jason Hickman for a more detailed answer.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Grey Cup would not cost you any fans

It's not the Super bowl

I prefer the Grey Cup over the stupid bowl. This is Canada don't you know? CFL is my preference. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Go Genny!!!

I for one would be at a Gens game if it was at the same time as the super bowl. I would not be at the game if it was on during the Grey Cup.

I like live sports, no home team = why do i give two cents

as for the saturday nights, going up against hockey night in Canada is always a bad idea..... that being said, when marketing a team, if all your home games on on 1 night you lose out on any market that exists on other days

would i be happy if all the games were on saturdays no, can we really complain about two saturday games not really
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:22 am

The Grey Cup would not have as big an impact as the Super Bowl but there would be an impact. I am a CFL fan, there are some amongst Gens Nation.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:08 pm

I know a LOT OF gens season ticket holders will not be at Sat night games

Even more with a last place team

We have always been a Thurs - Fri - Sun odd Tues

Fri & Sun our primary dates

Sat is not good

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Speaking of "home cooking" UGENS have you been able to bake anything for the lads this year? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 pm

No Quickdraw the back can't take the baking anymore the pie making days I'm afriad to say are over. At least 20 years of players had my home made pies before I had to stop doing it.
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Sorry to hear UGENS hope your feeling better.

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:53 pm

A win and a little calm on the team. Might be a great remedity.Lets go you Gennies. WHOOOO
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:49 pm

I wish there more Friday night games. Selfish reasons. I like when I'm already in Durham for work and don't have to make the commute. I'm absolutely exhausted on Monday morning after the Sunday night games. It seems like there were more Friday games two or three seasons ago than there are now. It seems like it's now Sundays only as the traditional game day with other days sprinkled in here and there.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down