Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islanders making room for Calvin next year

+2
KHE
Gens Camper
6 posters

Go down

Islanders making room for Calvin next year Empty Islanders making room for Calvin next year

Post by Gens Camper Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:09 pm

The New York Islanders traded 1 of their top defensemen to Ottawa - Andy Sutton - unless they add another D man today

The Islanders orginization is not loaded on defense so if you are a GENS fan and the way we have played without Calvin

this is only good news for Calvin

They have also moved a Def man from the AHL team as well

Last edited by Gens Camper on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Islanders making room for Calvin next year Empty Re: Islanders making room for Calvin next year

Post by KHE Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:26 pm

I will be extremely extremely surprised if Calvin after recovering from shoulder surgery makes the NY Islanders next year.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Islanders making room for Calvin next year Empty Re: Islanders making room for Calvin next year

Post by hockeybeats Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:02 pm

My feeling is that he will get the nine-game tryout and it's 50/50. We'll see.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:52 pm

if he's injured the Islanders if they are smart will make a plan that does not include him for 1 more year, injuries tend to re occur when ur being smashed by 30 year old brawlers at an nhl level

i think the smart move is 1 or 2 preseason games (if he's ready to go by then) and if not ship him back to us where he can fully recover, not just the injury per say but he needs to get his legs back, and ur first nhl game is probably not the best place
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Gens Camper wrote:The New York Islanders traded 1 of their top defensemen to Ottawa - Andy Sutton - unless they add another D man today

The Islanders orginization is not loaded on defense so if you are a GENS fan and the way we have played without Calvin

this is only good news for Calvin

They have also moved a Def man from the AHL team as well

I can't say I agree with the title of this thread at all. The Islanders did a Salary dump with Sutton to Ottawa as he is an UFA and probably wouldn't be back with the Islanders. They then traded a AHL defencemen for a AHL centre. They then traded a AHL forward for a AHL defencemen. I really don't believe they are making room for Calvin next year.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:17 pm

wait til July 5th or 6th, see what the Isles do
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Not sure if trading andy sutton, will change anything.I am pretty sure the generals were in touch with the islanders and if there was any chance of calvin making the team, they may have traded him. Yes the islanders are short on up and coming d-men.They do have TRAVIS HARMONIC who played for team canada at the world juniors.They also have JYRI NIEMI who played for finland at the world jrs.Both are playing in the whl, and both have similar numbers to calvin, and seeing where the islanders are in the standings could be in line to draft cam fowler,Time will tell, but calvin wasnt as impressive as he was last season, even after tavares and delzotto were traded.I would say his chances of being back in oshawa outway his chances of being in the nhl.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down