Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakout Year for Zador

+2
sdspencer
archer_gens
6 posters

Go down

Breakout Year for Zador Empty Breakout Year for Zador

Post by archer_gens Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:35 pm

http://www.schoolyourpool.com/fantasy-hockey-articles/1366-ohl-breakout-players-part-1

Ranked number 4 on a list of the top 10 players to have break out years. I'm a little skeptical, but if he can do it we're golden.

4. Michael Zador - Oshawa Generals
The Gennies have added some serious talent to their roster for the upcoming season. With new talent mixing with likely improving young talent, Oshawa could really surprise this season. However, the Generals goaltending last season did not perform well and was a large reason they missed the playoffs (in combination with Calvin de Haan's injury). If Oshawa does intend to improve, starting goaltender Michael Zador is going to be expected to be right in the thick of increased expectations. The Lightning draft pick was once a highly touted OHL draft selection but hasn't yet delivered. This is his year to do that. And I think he can do it.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Breakout Year for Zador Empty Re: Breakout Year for Zador

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:35 pm

cool hopefully he does have a good year with the gens .

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:53 pm

archer_gens wrote:http://www.schoolyourpool.com/fantasy-hockey-articles/1366-ohl-breakout-players-part-1

Ranked number 4 on a list of the top 10 players to have break out years. I'm a little skeptical, but if he can do it we're golden.

4. Michael Zador - Oshawa Generals
The Gennies have added some serious talent to their roster for the upcoming season. With new talent mixing with likely improving young talent, Oshawa could really surprise this season. However, the Generals goaltending last season did not perform well and was a large reason they missed the playoffs (in combination with Calvin de Haan's injury). If Oshawa does intend to improve, starting goaltender Michael Zador is going to be expected to be right in the thick of increased expectations. The Lightning draft pick was once a highly touted OHL draft selection but hasn't yet delivered. This is his year to do that. And I think he can do it.

I really hope they can get some help in net. Last year was a disaster and what I think they need to upgrade through a trade. Zador has never been a goalie who can win a game for you, nor has Baille.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 pm

i know we are missing key defencemen due to nhl camps and it is only exhibition but the gens have allowed 24 goals against in 4 games, we have not had a decent goalie for awhile now

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Bear in mind the excellent defence is dependent upon the entire team. It's not all about the goalie and our defensive play as a team has not been great for a few years. Cut down the other teams opportunities, especially the prime ones; keep everything to the "outside" and the goalie averages/percentages will improve immensely!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 pm

I also hope we see more of a commitment to team defence this year because it's something the Gens have been unable to achieve with any kind of consistency in recent years. When you look at regular season goals against totals in the 20 team OHL...with 1st having the lowest goals against and 20th having the highest, the Gens have been ranked 15th-20th for the last 6 years straight. It's a shame we haven't been able to improve this weakness.

I think it's a positive sign that at the game in Port Perry, Joe Cirella was encouraging our defence to make that initial contact/play up towards the blue line if the opportunity presented itself. Hopefully this is the year that we see a significant improvement in reducing the number of goals against.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 am

generalsfan4life wrote:cool hopefully he does have a good year with the gens .
I don't think Zador will be much of a factor this season. He had a chance as well as Baille to prove they are worthy to make the team during pre season and didn't seize the opportunity. I hope they can trade or pick up a quality goalie as there has to be some backup out there better than what we have right now. I haven't had much confidence in these two at any time. Baille stole a win from Windsor once in Oahawa and that's it. Can anyone remember Zador making that much of an impression........... Didn't think so!!!!
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:54 pm

Bo is gone from todays roster, so barring a trade we have our goalies
archer_gens
archer_gens

Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:00 pm

archer_gens wrote:Bo is gone from todays roster, so barring a trade we have our goalies

I also think Bo is gone But what roster are you talking about that he is not on.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:30 pm

The game day roster, j sent it out
archer_gens
archer_gens