Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JP Lombardo & Scott Sabourin 5 game suspentions

+15
JPH
generalsfan4life
Gensfan1
archer_gens
top gunner
overbank99
Kevy
mygens
Firebranch
blakejo
Gens Camper
Hayes#21
Gens Fan 108
Gens_Fan_22
drifter
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JP Lombardo & Scott Sabourin 5 game suspentions - Page 2 Empty Re: JP Lombardo & Scott Sabourin 5 game suspentions

Post by Firebranch Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 am

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:My understanding is DIPS fought long and hard for JP as well as fighting hard to keep EG out for a long time ( insiders are comparing EG hit to Kassian;s )

Kassian's was within the flow of play, this was after the whistle. It's unclear if Kassian "left his feet" or momentum of the hit caused his skates to leave the ice. Gudbranson clearly leaped and was several inches in the air when contact was made.

I'm not defending Kassian's hit (yet if Kennedy's helmet stays on, I don't believe it's twenty games), but in my mind, Gudbranson's was much worse.

Dips is a coach I respect greatly. I love his intensity, style of play, and mannerism. I have no doubt he stood up against Branch for Labardo.

Firebranch

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

JP Lombardo & Scott Sabourin 5 game suspentions - Page 2 Empty Re: JP Lombardo & Scott Sabourin 5 game suspentions

Post by JokesandPranks Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 am

Firebranch wrote:What do Cox, McKenzie and Laughlin have in common? They don't regularly watch OHL games.

It really bugs me that TSN gets the World Juniors because for two weeks Pierre McGuire comes across as being the most knowledgable person about Junior hockey even though he sometimes says things that make Junior hockey fans like us go, "WHAT?" - I wish Sportsnet would get the television rights to this tournament because they at least have announcers there who follow the CHL on a regular basis since they telecast CHL games - the only three radio guys in the Toronto market who I trust talking Junior hockey are Greg Brady, Roger Lajoie and Dan Dunleavy because they regularly watch the OHL!!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Erik Gudbranson only got an 8 game suspension. That is bull, he should have got alot more. Not only is what he did deserve more, he is a repeat offender.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Would have been more I guess if JP suffered a concussion
Disappointed with Branch decision . Should be a good game in Kingston Feb 25?

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebranch Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Wow. Just wow.

Wow.

Five for Labardo and eight for Gudbranson.

What I've learned:

-- enough of this nice guy BS. Next time a General is in Labardo's position, I want to see him hammer the goalie, then start pummeling him. The eight games for that is easier to absorb than five for doing the right thing.

-- Branch is a (pick your own expletive). But I already knew that.

AHL anyone? I can't take this seriously anymore. It's beyond biased, it's almost starting to appear fixed.

Firebranch

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:13 pm

5 for Labardo in comparison to Eriks 8 is an absolute joke of a decision. Guy with no track record breezes a goalie and a guy who has a track record of hitting like an idiot. Bravo.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:46 pm

Well the Kingston fans should be happy with that. And the posters on the NOOF will be thrilled.

In the eyes of the officals the retaliation was warranted, that is what this decision says to me.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebranch Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Here's what I get from Branch -- it encourages head injury with a "how bad do you want it" approach.

If you're playing a rival and keep your helmet too loose (Fanelli, Kennedy) and it comes off, and you're injured, then that opposing player gets a LONG suspension. Or you could turn your back and get hurt. Same result. But if you do your helmet up and protect yourself like Labardo, chances are you'll be suspended as long as the guy who threw the hit.

It's twisted and demented, but look at who is making the decisions.

Firebranch

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebranch Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:40 pm

We should ignore LarryGilmour to make sure this thread stays on topic. Yet I have to comment on the premise of his argument. Five games for Gudbranson and none for Labardo, he says? I'd be fine with that. Five games is a long suspension, and Labardo shouldn't have been suspended.

Firebranch

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:48 pm

I love it good going guys , tell it like it is , what the heck is happening to the ohl the past 10 to 15 hrs

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Firebranch Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 pm

mygens wrote:I love it good going guys , tell it like it is , what the heck is happening to the ohl the past 10 to 15 hrs

It's become a joke. And yes, scouts are starting to notice and comment. Downy-soft. Not good for producing second through fourth line NHLers. Top talent like Hall, Skinner, Seguin will still make it. But the majority of the roster will be made up of WHL, Americans, and even Europeans, all of whom come from grittier leagues.

Firebranch

Back to top Go down

Post by top gunner Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

I see Gubranson returns tomorrow night vs. Petes.

It will be interesting to see if he helps turn the Kingston skid of late around, and it will make for an interesting game next Friday when we travel to Kingston.

top gunner

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Yes I delete all threads relating to LarryGilmore this person sounded very much like steamed who I have already said I would delete. Sorry it took me so long, I have been in bed sick for a day.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2