Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster Taking Shape

+18
Gens Fan 112
hendo89
ohagan
Kevy
Seventhman
generalsfan
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
gogeneralsgo
steamed
ohlhockey
jaycro
bigE88
mygens
ogf
runner
gogensgo
Gens_Fan_22
archer_gens
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Roster Taking Shape Empty Roster Taking Shape

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Michael Zador, Andrew Wilson, Tony DeHart, Alain Berger, Andy Andreoff, Jeff Brown, Calvin de Haan, Christian Thomas, Kyle Hope, and Emerson Clark sat out the game for the Generals.

This means we now are down from 53 to 30 players at camp.

Did anyone bother getting a roster today of the 20 that skated?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Roster Taking Shape Empty Re: Roster Taking Shape

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 am

The roster that was handed out in Belleville was as follows:

1 Bo Bessette
31 Kevin Bailie
33 Michael Zador

3 Josh Brown
4 Scott Valentine
5 Andrew Wilson
6 Jimmy McDowell
7 Tony DeHart
8 Cody Payne
11 Alain Berger
12 Mark Petaccio
13 J.P. Labardo
14 John Padulo
15 Andy Andreoff
16 Cody Alcock
17 Niklas Jensen
18 Conor Storkes
19 Jeff Brown
20 Anton Zupancic
21 Scott Laughton
22 Boone Jenner
23 Scott Sabourin
24 Calvin DeHaan
25 Colin Sulllentrop
26 Victor Terrari
27 Christian Thomas
28 Kyle Hope
29 Brian Hughes
32 Emerson Clark
34 Josh Graves
38 Lucas Lessio

Scratches for the game were 33, 5, 7. 11, 15, 19, 24, 26, 27, 32.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gogensgo Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Gens_Fan_22 wrote:The roster that was handed out in Belleville was as follows:

1 Bo Bessette
31 Kevin Bailie
33 Michael Zador

3 Josh Brown
4 Scott Valentine
5 Andrew Wilson
6 Jimmy McDowell
7 Tony DeHart
8 Cody Payne
11 Alain Berger
12 Mark Petaccio
13 J.P. Labardo
14 John Padulo
15 Andy Andreoff
16 Cody Alcock
17 Niklas Jensen
18 Conor Storkes
19 Jeff Brown
20 Anton Zupancic
21 Scott Laughton
22 Boone Jenner
23 Scott Sabourin
24 Calvin DeHaan
25 Colin Sulllentrop
26 Victor Terrari
27 Christian Thomas
28 Kyle Hope
29 Brian Hughes
32 Emerson Clark
34 Josh Graves
38 Lucas Lessio

Scratches for the game were 33, 5, 7. 11, 15, 19, 24, 26, 27, 32.

Does anyone still have the listing handed out at the scrimmages that would be able to compare it to the roster above and identify who has been cut so far?

gogensgo

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Look up under the training camp sched i posted it there, on itouch to hard for me to repost this minute
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:25 pm

I took a look at the original Camp Rosters. The most obvious cuts are Esposto & Pachis. The others missing on this roster that were on the initial Training camp are

Provenzano
Tugwell
Luongo
Shears
McCarron
Eden
Davies
Sherwood
Beard
Norris
Hand
Clements
McKay
Welton
Wright
Spidalieri

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:26 pm

The following players are listed in the training camp line ups, but not listed in the line up for the game...

From Team Blue..Alex Clements, Austin McKay, Chris Carlisle, Mitch Eden and Nick Esposto
From Team Red..Brendan McKay, Brent Norris, Brett Welton, Daniel Pachis, Mitchell Davies, Roger Sherwood, Santo Provenzano (G) and Stephen Shears
From Team White..Brennan Wright, Jacob Hand, Joseph Luongo, Justin Tugwell (G), Liam Board, Patrick McCarron and Tony Spidalieri

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:21 am

Well , espostos and pachas gone ? Things are looking up for sure

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:27 am

Who else would I set free ....padulo, Alcock, terreri,sabourin,Hughes .....trade stokes, Clark labardo, for a heavyweight that can look out for our top 6 forwards

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:59 am

yeah ok Bud, Labardo has been the best forward at Camp so far, and you want to trade hime for a heavyweight ? Who ? Labardo is close with Dipiero as per my source, he will be the second line center this year bank on it !!
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:00 am

I agree with bigE88. Labardo has been the best centre at camp this year and will be the 2nd line centre ... blazing speed, the Gens answer to Belleville's Alex Aleardi, although he is not a centre!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Roster Taking Shape Empty Scott Sabourin

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:40 pm

mygens wrote:Who else would I set free ....padulo, Alcock, terreri,sabourin,Hughes .....trade stokes, Clark labardo, for a heavyweight that can look out for our top 6 forwards

sources say Sabourin is signed for a few years
education package and all.
5 pts in 6 games laid a beating on Stokes I like him.
maybe they'll give the kid a chance? We"ll see.

Go Gens Go

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 pm

SportsHome Sports Sports Generals sign Graves Generals sign Graves
Sports
Posted By STEPHEN SWEET, SPECIAL TO THE EXAMINER

Add another Barrie native to the list of OHL players this season.

Josh Graves, who played for the Collingwood Blues of the Ontario Jr. 'A' Hockey League last season, signed a deal with the Oshawa Generals earlier this week.

A six-foot-three left winger, Graves was happy to get inked to an OHL squad after missing the cut last year.

"The (Generals) invited me back to rookie camp again this year," Graves said. "They kept me posted as I went along, and said that my chances were good here, so I stuck with them."

Graves helped his own cause by scoring a hat trick at the team's annual Red versus White intra-squad game.

"The team signed me after the game," Graves said.

Though there was some surprise, there was no doubt in his mind what he'd do.

"I was shocked," Graves said. "It's a great organization with a great barn here, so when they offered me the deal, I accepted it right away."

Being officially signed to the Generals means that Graves will have at least some of his post-secondary schooling taken care of.

"They offered me the university package, which includes two years of tuition and (other things) covered," he said.

If he plays his overage year in the OHL as well, it will mean all four years of university will be covered.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 pm

The Gens affiliation agreement calls for 2 players to play for the Whitby Fury this year.

Would this mean we carry 25 players? 23 for the Gens and 2 that can be called up when needed from the Fury?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:18 pm

This is going to be a challenge for management to make further cuts from here on in. I think there are some more players from last year who may not make this year's team. If all the early draft picks make the team and they should from what I'm hearing from posters and rumours about Sabourin and Graves being signed are legit, that means some more "91's" might be gone. If you're going young and rebuilding then you don't want a lot of "91's" being kept! Some team lists show Zupancic as a "91" but today's list him as a "92". Can't see keeping him if he is a last year player; maybe as a "92"! I think two or three of Alcock, Andreoff, Jeff Brown, Emerson Clark (a "92), Conor Stokes or Andrew Wilson might be history. That's not to mention the goalies! One of last year's rookie defencemen might also be on the bubble with the addition of Quinn. They still need to cut six more (at least) to get down to 22-23! Not easy but nice to see the competition this year! Sorry to be so cruel!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by ohlhockey Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Jaycro,just to clarify,Zupanzic is a 91 and Alcock and Clark are both 92 s. Brown is a 90 and I believe the rest you listed are 91 s.

ohlhockey

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:31 am

On the training camp roster Zupancic is listed as a 91 but on the Gens site, right now, and on the OHL site, he is listed as a 92. The OHL site seems to be an accurate alpa listing of those still in camp except it's missing Laughton. I know Clark and Alcock are 92's but I think they are both on the bubble. Clark to be replaced, maybe, by Sabourin who has failed to make the team on two previous occasions, but is bigger (much)! Alcock is in his 3rd year trying to play regularly in this league but didn't show much last year when he arrived, partly due to injuries. He could make a good 4th line centre but the Gens are deep in that position. I was just listing players who might not make it and focussed on the 91's as they seemed to be the least talented of all those at camp. Having just two 90's this year would be fine with me so a younger player could be developed. I think 90's have to play on your top two lines and I'm not sure Brown can cut it there.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Correction about Sabourin,

Last year he was invited to camp as a free agent his first and only attempt and made the team out of training camp was signed for 3 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:43 pm

You are right. I saw him twice last year, I think, perhaps at the spring orientation camp then at the real training camp unless I have him confused with someone else. Are you saying he made the team last year because I thought he was sent down to tier two after 4 games and played pretty much the whole year either in Kanata an Ottawa area team. He didn't play much except possibly as a call-up, in Oshawa.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I beleive he played 4 games with the Gennies and was sent to Ottawa to play Jr. A tier 2

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm

It's going to very intersting in the next week or so,we are carrying 30 players as of September 11th which means there has to be 5-6 players (depending if or not Dehaan & dehart returning) cut or traded.I can see some trades happening.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Both DeHart and DeHaan will be back. DeHaan still needs recovery time from his injury and DeHart needs ti improve his game.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Seen em all... just realized my comments the other day on this thread were about Scott Sandercock, not Scott Sabourin...my bad!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gogeneralsgo Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:13 pm

I am very excited about this season. I am not sure I could take another season like last year. Inconsistent forwards who had been here for a couple of seasons and seemed to think it was their privilege to be on this team. I would nlow them all out and build this team to go real deep in 2011/2012. I think we have enough young talent to compete this season and I would be trading or moving out the rest of the 91s and 90s and bringing in more quality 92s and preferably 93s.
Go Gens Go!

gogeneralsgo

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Well that's good news about sander cock , he sure is a big guy , re labardo good to hear he is playing well in camp , I wasn't impressed with him at the end of the year last year , small , but hey if he,s bringing it now , good for him , good for us , we still need a heavyweight who can fight if we are going to really compete with these young potential stars , it's a tough gring throughout the season , the fear factor has to be considered .......terreri and Clark don't cut it in that department

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:19 pm

I haven't been able to catch any of the camp, looks on paper like a very different team from last year ......I haven't always been a fan of dipiero as a coach , but as a gm he's been stellar , good for him !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next