Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Sabourin signs with????

+2
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
ag48
6 posters

Go down

Scott Sabourin signs with???? Empty Scott Sabourin signs with????

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm

I got some amazing news for GENS FANS....Especailly those of Scott Sabourin..... Very Happy

MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed right wing Scott Sabourin to a two-year American Hockey League contract, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today. Sabourin, 20, recently completed his junior career playing for the Ontario Hockey League's Oshawa Generals. This season, the 6-foot-3, 203-pound right wing registered career-bests with 30 goals and 20 assists for 50 points and 142 penalty minutes in 65 games for the Generals. Sabourin will don No. 25 with the Monarchs. Very Happy

Well thats amazing,congrats to a very hard working and very well deserving player,hes joining a team with Andreeoff,how cool is that!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

He will do great in his AHL career,if he plays the way he did this year,hes continueing to get better then i see nothing but great things for him in the future,congrats Sabourin!!!

Back to top Go down

Scott Sabourin signs with???? Empty Re: Scott Sabourin signs with????

Post by ag48 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Congratulation's Scott, wish it was the Leafs but all the best. Very Happy

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

This was completed a few months ago , just was not released
Great Job Scott

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 am

Awesome! Congrats.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:42 am

If he wasn't drafted yet why didn't he wait and see if he would be . I talked to one scout that was quite interested in him with New Jersey.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 am

Pretty excited...was off to see Andy next weekend in bingo & Wilkes barre.....now I'm getting 2 for 1:). Cant wait!!

So proud of sabby...if there was one kid on that team that deserved a break/chance it was him. He has developed into a great player, especially since he's always been stuck on 3rd or 4th lines over the years. I know most said how much they would miss Boone, but me personally, I'm going to miss sabby 10 times more. He's was all heart! Always played for the team and not himself.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 am

UGENS wrote:If he wasn't drafted yet why didn't he wait and see if he would be . I talked to one scout that was quite interested in him with New Jersey.

UGENS(Karon)

I guess he figured why take the chance. What happens if he didnt get another offer....best to be safe then sorry. Plus interested doesnt always mean anything. We all know its not often that OA's get picked up in the draft....teams dont waste picks on them. If NJ wanted him that bad, they could have offered him something now too. Perhaps they did and manchs deal was better....who knows

5forfighting

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 pm

I can't think of an OA that has been drafted. Why waste a pick when you can just sign him. If fact not too may 19 years olds in the CHL are drafted at that age. John Tripp comes to mind, 2nd time around. Nic Boynton from the 67's too, again 2nd time around. I know there is more obv. Brandon Coalter by SJ.

Anyone have any examples of OA drafted.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Andy Andreoff was 20 when he was drafted by LA, the same with Tanner Pearson he was selected in 2012 draft and would have turned 20 in August.

Not OA's core, but just adding to your unlikely but does happen scenario.

5forfighting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down