Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stats and Milestones

5 posters

Go down

Stats and Milestones Empty Stats and Milestones

Post by TipcoSr Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:41 pm

The Gens have 37 games of Playoff experience. Di Salvo with 13, Maggio and Andreoff with 9 each and DeHart and Labardo with 3 each

Every player on the Gens has at least 1 OHL goal

Maggio's and de Haan's next goals will be their 20th in the OHL

Berger needs 2 goals for 50 in the OHL

Jenner needs 6 goals for 50 in the OHL

Andreoff needs 1 goal for 60 in the OHL (His next point will be number 150 to boot).

Jenson needs 1 goal for 30 in the OHL

Lessio needs 3 goals for 30 in the OHL

Thomas needs 10 points to reach the 200 point mark in the OHL

Feel free to add anything else!!

Should be a fun Playoffs

GO GENS GO!!!!

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Stats and Milestones Empty Re: Stats and Milestones

Post by steamed Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Playoff goals don't count in season stats,the stats you gave are personal stats and mean nothing the the season stats
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Very Good Steamed. I didn't say anything about season stats, in fact I thought I was quite clear in saying OHL. OHL means OHL, it doesn't mean just regular season or playoffs, it means OHL.

I guess I should clarify that these stats do NOT include exhibition, beacuse at that point they are not in the OHL, they are still trying out for the team!!

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Sorry to be picky but steamed is right here - even when you say 50th in the OHL, it means 50th regular season OHL goal. You can keep of track of this just for fun but if you hear an announcement of a milestone goal, it would be worded for example as 100th OHL goal but not count playoff stats.

Playoffs are completely separate. If Cody Payne scores 20 goals in the playoffs, he will officially still have only 1 career OHL goal for stats purposes.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Read the title and the post. I specified OHL for a reason. I bet these kids are excited to make these milestones. I bet they really don't care if their achievements were in the regular season or not. Bottom line, if Andreoff scores a goal in the playoffs, he will be very pleased to reach that 60 goal plateau in the OHL. Down the road, he will be telling people he scored 60 goals in that league (OHL)...CAUSE HE DID!!!!!

I posted personal achievements for these boys. They are what they are and you cannot take them away from them. I am excited for the achievements these guys can make. I don't care if they are regular season or playoffs and I bet they don't care either.

Don't try and take legitimate achievements away from these boys.

And I have news for you BEATS, I have been around this game for more than 40 years and have been at many games when they have announced a players acheivement for ALL OHL games, regular season and playoffs combined.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not about to persist in a debate about the definition of stats.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 am

Thanks for the info. Regular season or not every goal counts. If i was a player a goal is a goal. I agree huge achievements either way. Do you really think a kids gonna say i scored one goal last year cause it was regular season and not brag or care about there playoff goals. Stats may be the wrong word (i disagree) but for sure its a mile stone.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Of course they'll brag. To clarify, I'm not saying that playoff stats are irrelevant. Quite the opposite, I'd rather have a player that scores only 20 goals in the regular season and then steps it up in the playoffs and scores 10-15 playoff goals than a 50-goal regular season scorer who does nothing in the playoffs. It's because the playoffs are so much more important that I wouldn't contaminate those stats by mixing them with regular season stats.

Playoff games are so different from regular season games that I would never even think of mixing the two stats together. Geez, I said I would stay out of this. Laughing

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Beats, I never said that the two stats weren't important in their own way. I didn't say the stats should be reported as one. I strongly believe that a players stats are three fold. One is Regular Season, two is Playoffs and three is Total. There are milestones in all three. I could have put out stats for just the playoff along with the totals, but with the inexperience on this team, most guys milestone would be their first ever Playoff goal Very Happy I think it is great for the players to reach milestones regardless if it is Regular Season, Playoffs or Totals.

Enough said by me. I thought I would post it and folks would jump on the band wagon and cheer the guys on as they tackle highlights in their career. I was wrong.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:08 pm

TipcoSr, I'm totally with you, a goal is a goal, it's the league itself who decides to categorize.

I would like to add some more "fun with numbers" if I may because I too have an affinity for statistics.

This year the Gens as we all know racked up the PIM's. The boys finished the season 1st in the league with 1440, 102 more than the 2nd most, the Sudbury Wolves. This total, by way of avg per game is only 2nd in Canada to the Chilliwack Bruins who averaged 21.57/game to Oshawa's 21.17. To offer the "Q" perspective, the Lewiston MAINEiacs, the QMJHL leader averaged a mere 17.66/game. The CHL's lowest average was also from the "Q," a very gentlemanly Quebec Remparts team averaged only 9.91 minutes a game!

This was not what I found most interesting...........If you had to answer honestly, how many of our Generals would you have guessed would have found themselves in the top 10 in the OHL in this category? top 20? top 30?.................None!...............that amazes me. Not only is the Gens scoring quite balanced, so too are the penalty minutes. Andy Andreoff finished 32nd with 109. Emerson Clark finished 34th with 106 and Scott Valentine finished 35th also with 106. Jeff Brown finished 39th and it's worthy of note that his PIM/game dropped after he was traded.

I took this a little further into a category that is always up for debate in hockey and that is fighting. Oshawa lead not only the OHL with 105 fighting majors - 2nd was Missy with 96 - but the entire CHL. The Spokane Chiefs had 102 representing the "W" while the Baie-Comeau Drakkar lead the "Q" with 74. On the other end of this is the PEI Rocket with exactly 1/3 of the Gens total at 35, (Darren Kramer of the Spokane Chiefs had 46!!!!!) To take this one step further, the Gens have an astounding 21 players credited with a fighting major this season, leaving only Lessio and Jensen - from a group I would consider having played "considerable" time with the team - without a fighting major.........
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down