Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

changes to the board

+6
UGENS
opinionated
nerfherder
5forfighting
TipcoSr
GoGennies
10 posters

Go down

changes to the board Empty changes to the board

Post by GoGennies Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:29 pm

after a few years i know that we havent updated this board at all. does anyone have an suggestions or ideas??

GoGennies

Number of posts : 231
Seat Section : at the computer
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Back to top Go down

changes to the board Empty Re: changes to the board

Post by TipcoSr Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Seems to be working good.....UGENS did a great job while you were gone!

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by GoGennies Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:09 pm

looking for ideas for an update, a way to increase the the amount of people that come here

GoGennies

Number of posts : 231
Seat Section : at the computer
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:09 pm

You could buy us all jackets and we could walk around advertising Laughing

Random thoughts...

Maybe the Gens could mention the site in the newsletter and advertise it on the clock at the games. With all the bashing on here they probably wouldn't, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

You could also print something up and hand it out at the games as people enter.

Talk to Shawn Cayley and see if he will mention it in his storys in the paper.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:05 pm

I was just wondering why threads keep being locked? I know there is some "bashing" here and there, but i think its more people just getting tired and frustrated watching the samething in and out. I personal think some of the stuff is pretty funny. I mean lets face it if we dont vent and laugh....we are all going to be crying!

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:28 pm

5forfighting wrote:I was just wondering why threads keep being locked? I know there is some "bashing" here and there, but i think its more people just getting tired and frustrated watching the samething in and out. I personal think some of the stuff is pretty funny. I mean lets face it if we dont vent and laugh....we are all going to be crying!

The topics are locked because apparently only the opinions of a select few are welcome on this site. Kind of funny on its own.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

changes to the board Empty Locking Threads

Post by opinionated Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:03 pm

It sure does seem like it, doesn't it.

Perhaps if the moderator added a final note about why the thread was being locked, we'd all understand a little better, and hopefully be less bitter about it.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:53 pm

The reason the threads were locked, I would have thought you would have figured out, the bashing was getting nauseating, seems the only time some of you post here is when they are losing. Where were you same people when they were winning not here that's for sure . Try being a fan who supports these young men and you might find cheering them at the games, instead of acting like children, and booing your own team , just might encourage these lads to turn things around. Just a thought !!

Admin
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:07 am

I'm not gonna pretend that i've never posted negative comments on here, nor that I've never booed the home team at a hockey game. But the moderators have every right to crack down on some of the more negative comments and the attacks on other fans and the team. It's not run by the Gens, and I'm confused why people think that the booster club president would be ok with the rampant bashing of the team on a forum that is under her control. I'm sure she also wouldn't allow fans on the trips if there only objective was to be negative and or mock the team. If you want start your own message board and you can moderate. I also understand that not all comments made have to be positive or supportive of the team, but anyone who couldn't see how out of control it was becoming (like 3 or more threads bashing the exact same thing) should think about it a little more.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:54 am

I never said that I didn't agree or disagree with the locking of any threads, specific or not. I merely said that directly posting the reason for it being locked takes away any and all speculation about what the final straw was, so that hopefully the users can learn the moderators levels of tolerance, and prevent future threads from getting to the point of being locked.

And just for the record, I have never posted a negative comment about the players (that I can remember), but I did jeer when they got their first shot on net 10 minutes in on Sunday night. I paid for my ticket, and I thought that I was not getting my monies worth -- an opinion that I am entitled to, as long as I am not abusive about expressing it. If I had watched the game for free, it is my position that I wouldn't have had that entitlement.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 am

UGENS wrote:The reason the threads were locked, I would have thought you would have figured out, the bashing was getting nauseating, seems the only time some of you post here is when they are losing. Where were you same people when they were winning not here that's for sure . Try being a fan who supports these young men and you might find cheering them at the games, instead of acting like children, and booing your own team , just might encourage these lads to turn things around. Just a thought !!

Admin

So basically, if our thoughts and impressions of the team/game are not in line with yours, there will be no further discussion on that particular topic. Duly noted! Wink
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:32 am

Lindy88 wrote:
UGENS wrote:The reason the threads were locked, I would have thought you would have figured out, the bashing was getting nauseating, seems the only time some of you post here is when they are losing. Where were you same people when they were winning not here that's for sure . Try being a fan who supports these young men and you might find cheering them at the games, instead of acting like children, and booing your own team , just might encourage these lads to turn things around. Just a thought !!

Admin

So basically, if our thoughts and impressions of the team/game are not in line with yours, there will be no further discussion on that particular topic. Duly noted! Wink

Amen to that Lindy.....Forgive the people that pay to be at the games to have an opinion. I don't boo kids at a hockey game and never mention a player by name......and if there was something positive to talk about in these threads then I am sure most would enjoy. Speaking about the disorganization of the team as a whole does not belittle players and the team on the ice..No one here can tell me that the in game entertainment (NOT THE TEAM) has been very good the last bunch of years and it is unfortunate that many people I know (me included) are considering not re-newing our seats because enough is enough. This way we can choose to go to the odd game from time to time and support the team on TV to not waste the money. To many this is a release and to talk to others that feel the same and obviously many agree. Think about that..... End of rant.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 pm

UGENS wrote: seems the only time some of you post here is when they are losing. Admin

But that's all we been doing lately is losing... Laughing Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:41 pm

i agree pretty much we r this weekend we'll see ifthe gens can compete for a whole 6O mins for both games since they have ottawa friday night and then go to belleville on sundnday afternoon
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down