Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time is almost up

+2
archer_gens
Gens Camper
6 posters

Go down

Time is almost up Empty Time is almost up

Post by Gens Camper Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:23 am

We sit in 9th place now 4 pts out of 8 th and falling - this group is lacking in many areas - Oh I know some will say I am not too optomistic

BUT - It is what it is - we are drafting 4th overall as of today - Our # 1 need is a top defenceman - a new G M - scouts that need to hit a home run

We are losing season ticket holders fast - more after this promising year is lost

What really frustrates me is that every western team drafts after us in May and always is a better team than we are - how is that ??

Rocco said this group WILL be torn apart at the trade deadline if it is not turned around by then

We will see if that happens - We can only hope

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Time is almost up Empty Re: Time is almost up

Post by archer_gens Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Time is Up!

This group doesn't deserve a run in my opinion at this point. I'm much more content watching us lose with 16 and 17 year olds who actually come to play then this group of NHL prospects who do nothing.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:44 pm

archer_gens wrote:Time is Up!

This group doesn't deserve a run in my opinion at this point. I'm much more content watching us lose with 16 and 17 year olds who actually come to play then this group of NHL prospects who do nothing.

I agree 100%. The players this year have been playing for the name on the back of the jersey and not the name on the front. I would gladly watch a bunch of hungry 17 year olds than this bunch of underacheivers. There will be a huge shakeup. The ownership has been more than patient and now the axe is about to fall.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:09 am

If anyone thinks there is still time to make any sort of run, they are crazy (in my opinion)

It's too late to do anything trade wise to salvage this year.
Drop all the players who want out, and judging purely by effort, that is quite a list.
I know people or at least one poster has mentioned "knowing" the players who are a problem, and for obvious reasons I wouldnt expect anyone to really come out and finger them.

However, Ray Charles could come up with a pretty decent sized list. From Thomas, to Lessio(I still don't get his appeal) to Andreoff, Jensen, and the list goes on and on. On D, I think its less of "I don't care" and more of "I cant play Defence"

For the longest time, I thought although our Goalies weren't costing us games anymore, we could still benefit from a goalie like Stajcer. He is barely worth the return if you have a dynamite squad, if it is the 4 picks, plus 2 players ppl are suggesting. He is definitely not worth it to come play on a group of me first players, who seem to think they are too good, yet look like they haven't played a game of organized hockey in their lives before.

Mr. Agnew has done zero to improve the team, and anything less than a total cleanout is a huge failure.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 am

Wow i cant believe how much i TOTALLY AGREE 110% about everything said in this post!!

BLOW IT UP NOW!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:12 am

Yep it's over , as much as I hate to believe another rebuild is about to get under way , what is it the 10 th ? Thiis team is totally dysfunctional , it's ashame we will be forced to trade these top quality players more or less Ist round picks for a bunch of 2nd round picks and 3rd round picks , we will never get full value.
Jenner , Jensen , and Thomas are really worth Ist round picks , to the right teams but as we know you can't get a first round pick from anyone anymore .
So the best we can hope for are 2nd round picks , and they probably won't be high 2nd round picks coming from winning teams ..... The whole thing sucks , Oshawa general rebuilds , are slow and not recently very effective , I'm not very hopeful , London and kiitchener we are not !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:16 am

This problem starts with the owners , then the gm and coaches , this organization is in desperate need of an enema !!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:23 am

It's really too bad there isn't an ownership group from Durham region who could buy the team and get rid of these people who don't live in our community , Rocco , graves, Deboer , they have no business here as far as I'm concerned , they are 100 % just in it for the short term to turn a profit and dump the team . It's an unfortunate joke on us !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:56 am

I am not sure why the ownership gets the blame here. The team was highly rated at the start of the season. By all accounts they should be better than they are.

Not having Valentine hurt more than any one thought. That hole has not been filled.

Many folks thought it was coaching. A change was made and that hasn't helped.

It seems clear now that there is a chemistry issue somewhere and changes need to be made. I think there is a trade freeze right now but presumably somethings will happen before the deadline. Every GM in the league knows the situation the Gens are in and are negotiating accordingly.

Jensen, Thomas and Andreoff have not performed as well as last season (they are not the only ones in that boat) which may have reduced their trade value. A hot streak by any of them would help their value now.

While it would great to have local ownership no one has stepped up. Tullio wanted to own an OHL team and he stepped up to take over from Davies. While the results have not been great I am not sure what he could have done different.

He brought in as minority owners Deboer and Graves. They added some real hockey knowledge to the ownership group and in Deboer's case a record of success. He hired away from Kitchener one of their scouts (not sure if he was the head of scouting or not).

For long time fans do not despair. In 1976-77 the Gens only won 5 games (under local ownership). If you use that as a yard stick this season is not so bad. Changes were made for the next season and things improved.

If the ownership group does not make some significant changes for next season then they get the blame but not yet.

Last edited by Oshawa fan on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 am

mygens wrote:This problem starts with the owners , then the gm and coaches , this organization is in desperate need of an enema !!

Wrong. The ownership team puts the people in place to make the decisions and make the necessary changes. These people are responsible for the product on the ice. But, at the same time the coaches have to get the best out of the kids, that's not happening. The kids have to put a effort. This isn't happening and so that being said there will be heads rolling at trade deadline and at years end. Big changes will happen. Remember where you read it.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I don't think the owners are to blame for this, although I blame them for the whole holiday flex pack thing that I really didn't like much. However if the team doesn't go into rebuild then ownership will be to blame. The owners have come in, and waited to see what they have before making any bold moves, and thats pretty norrmal business.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down