Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ticket prices

+3
archer_gens
blakejo
marty12
7 posters

Go down

Ticket prices Empty Ticket prices

Post by marty12 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 am

This is the first year I haven't had seasons tickets. We moved out of Durham and into the GTA. I still plan on going to most games but with Friday traffic those games might be hard. My 2 and a half year old went to almost every game last year. I just went online to purchase tickets for the season opener and found out there isn't a children's ticket pricing option. Is this true? I ned to pay $30.50 for my 2 and a half year old to go to the game?

marty12

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Ticket prices Empty Re: Ticket prices

Post by blakejo Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Marty - that's if you are sitting in those seats it is $18.25 in some places.

But Above All - Call the Ticket Office 905-433-0900 Ext. 2226

Much easier to speak to someone rather than really on a website!
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:28 pm

The Generals haven't had a child option the last few years, maybe longer, only an option as a season ticket.

I know your pain I know several other people who can't go to more then a game or two a year because there kids make it so expensive.

My two suggestions for you are
1) Flex pack 18 bowl tickets save you 2$ a ticket (I think), if there is 3 of you thats only 6 games u need to go to in order to use them all
2) Buy your tickets in advance, Tickets cost more this year on game day.

You could also see if there is a coke zone type deal this year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm

If your child is under 3 or 4 and they are sitting on your lap then no cost . This is the first year I have bought some tickets for my son as he will be 5. They never asked about him last year and he sat with me. I bought a flex pack for him for afternoon games this year.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 pm

You got lucky then cause I have had to buy tickets for 3 and 4 year olds in the past.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 pm

No that person didn't just get lucky it has been that way since we were at the Civic as long as the 4 pr 5 year old sat on your lap the child got in for free. you just didn't know the rules archer_gens and never asked anyone !!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 pm

I contacted the ticket office! Twice!

This isn't aimed at you Karon because your really good at being fair, but I think it's pretty great that every time I state facts people jump on me like I made them up.

I also have contacted the Petes on there policies before, and the policy I got from them was a year better then what the Gens was.

** Upon going back through my emails Jason said 3 and under the GMC said under 2 is policy.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by marty12 Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 pm

It is a fact that the arena policy is 2 and under but what many people told me is "no one is going to ask for a birth certificate" as long as the child is on your lap.
I'll be honest I have no problem paying for my child to see Junior hockey. I was just really surprised when I looking into it and there were no senior or children's options for a walk up ticket price. I started going to Kitchener Ranger games in 1975 and some of my greatest childhood memories come from that rink. If you go there today you see many many young teens at the games, that are picked up in front of the Aud by their parents after the game just as I was. It is my choice to have a seat for my child, she prefers one and it gives me a break from holding her the whole time. I am no way affiliated with the team but it just seems to make sense to me that when many seats are empty each game, that you try and fill them. Senior and student or children pricing I believe would help that. I went through all of the other teams ticket option in the CHL and found Oshawa wasn't the only team that didn't offer this but they were few and far between. Also the other teams not offering these pricing options had much lower single seat rates. In fact if you look at the premium Generals seating at $30.50 it is the most expensive ticket in the OHL. Now I do enjoy the larger seats, the in seat service is very lacking in my opinion so we rarely used when we were seasons ticket holders over there. I do appreciate the advice on the flex ticket packages and may very well look into exactly how they work. I will still pay the full price and go to the games but $73.00 for me and my kid to go to a game is pretty expensive, Add my wife and we are over a hundred bucks.

marty12

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:11 pm

This new "ticket prices are now more expensive on game day" policy is a joke - most times, people do not know until the day of the game if they are able to make the game or not ... what a cash grab! And another thing that is a joke is how expensive "FAMILY" packs are - I thought Junior Hockey was about getting kids into the building so they can turn into long lifetime loyal fans - instead the team makes it less affordable for families to attend - these two things are a complete turn-off - no wonder the arena is more empty than full on most game nights!!!!!!!!!! And don't get me started on how we still can't follow the games on the radio!!!!!!!!!!!

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I will be attending the Gens game October 8th with 4 grandchildren and 3 sons. I have been a gens season ticket holder, with my son, for years,but, moved to Kingston this summer. I agree the senior/child option is for season ticket holders. My neighbours here say that Kingston Frontenacs still have the 3 categories child, senior, adult. I look forward to meeting the Gens fans on Monday and November 30th in K-town. The croc along the Rideau.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down