Ticket For Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Mon May 04, 2015 7:04 pm

I know someone selling a single Game 2 for 80.00 on the ends Sec 120 Row 14 but its going to be sold tomorrow I'm not telling anyone to pay this retarded price I don,t agree whats going on but I do know of a single if you are interested email me

dannyarmitage@hotmail.com
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by KHE on Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 am

You realize by posting this on the board gives the impression that you DO agree with what's going on. Unless your friend is just trying to get his money back (which he/she is not) this shouldn't be posted here.

KHE

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Tue May 05, 2015 10:22 am

KHE wrote:You realize by posting this on the board gives the impression that you DO agree with what's going on.

no I don,t agree but I posted that I knew someone with a single ticket for sale and besides as long as GM Centre get there big profits that's all they care about
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by KHE on Tue May 05, 2015 11:08 am

darmitage wrote:
KHE wrote:You realize by posting this on the board gives the impression that you DO agree with what's going on.

no I don,t agree but I posted that I knew someone with a single ticket for sale and besides as long as GM Centre get there big profits that's all they care about

You're missing the point. You are promoting the secondary ticket market with your original post. You're friend is just as bad as the "GM Centre" because all HE cares about is profiting from this sale. My ticket prices haven't increased at all during the playoffs and if you're a season ticket holder neither have yours.

KHE

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by steamed on Tue May 05, 2015 11:41 am

KHE wrote:
darmitage wrote:
KHE wrote:You realize by posting this on the board gives the impression that you DO agree with what's going on.

no I don,t agree but I posted that I knew someone with a single ticket for sale and besides as long as GM Centre get there big profits that's all they care about

You're missing the point.  You are promoting the secondary ticket market with your original post.  You're friend is just as bad as the "GM Centre" because all HE cares about is profiting from this sale.  My ticket prices haven't increased at all during the playoffs and if you're a season ticket holder neither have yours.

KHE  

What's wrong with GMC getting big profits it's a business isn't it.
avatar
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Location : The Shwa
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by mygens on Tue May 05, 2015 1:01 pm

HEY since this is going to be a cash cow for the gmc and the city of oshawa , maybe they will cough up the money next year for a new big screen system , because this one is embarrassing and THE CITY OF OSHAWA IS GOING TO BE LOOKING REALLY BAD ,WITH THAT JUNK AT CENTRE ICE IN FRONT OF A NATIONAL AUDIENCE EARNING THEIR REPUTATION AS "SHWAW "

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by steamed on Tue May 05, 2015 2:20 pm

mygens wrote:HEY since this is going to be a cash cow for the gmc and the city of oshawa , maybe they will cough up the money next year for a new big screen system , because this one is embarrassing and THE CITY OF OSHAWA IS GOING TO BE LOOKING REALLY BAD  ,WITH THAT JUNK AT CENTRE ICE IN FRONT OF A NATIONAL AUDIENCE EARNING THEIR REPUTATION AS "SHWAW "

I hear that now they are getting a new score board as part of the PAN AM Games as they initially were suppose to but put the request in to late, but now The PAN AM committee found extra money but won't be installed in time for the PAN AM we' will see come next season
avatar
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Location : The Shwa
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by KHE on Tue May 05, 2015 2:44 pm

steamed wrote:
KHE wrote:
darmitage wrote:
KHE wrote:You realize by posting this on the board gives the impression that you DO agree with what's going on.

no I don,t agree but I posted that I knew someone with a single ticket for sale and besides as long as GM Centre get there big profits that's all they care about

You're missing the point.  You are promoting the secondary ticket market with your original post.  You're friend is just as bad as the "GM Centre" because all HE cares about is profiting from this sale.  My ticket prices haven't increased at all during the playoffs and if you're a season ticket holder neither have yours.

KHE  

What's wrong with GMC getting big profits it's a business isn't it.

I've got no issue with the GMC making money. It would be about time.. lol.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by KHE on Tue May 05, 2015 2:49 pm

Interesting read in regards to a new video scoreboard from an April 23, 2015 report.

http://www.oshawa.ca/agendas/community_services/2015/05-07/CS-15-75-General-Motors-Score-Clock-Replacement-final.pdf

Meeting is May 7th.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by mygens on Tue May 05, 2015 3:31 pm

I'd still like to know what the city is paying global spectrum to manage the facility for hockey games , I don't think we need them , we didn't need them at the civic , they will probably make some excuse like the insurance company is insisting on a company like global ….mostly they walk around like the gestapo checking your bags for contraband water bottles , looking like bouncers at a bar ….really ????

anyhow , we need a new screen , that was old technology when they installed it originally , it has degraded to the point you can hardly see anything at all , i don't look at it !

any company advertising on it should complain , its less than worthless its annoying to look at .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by mygens on Tue May 05, 2015 3:32 pm

btw , thanks KHE for the link

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Tue May 05, 2015 3:39 pm

KHE wrote:
steamed wrote:
KHE wrote:
darmitage wrote:
KHE wrote:You realize by posting this on the board gives the impression that you DO agree with what's going on.

no I don,t agree but I posted that I knew someone with a single ticket for sale and besides as long as GM Centre get there big profits that's all they care about

You're missing the point.  You are promoting the secondary ticket market with your original post.  You're friend is just as bad as the "GM Centre" because all HE cares about is profiting from this sale.  My ticket prices haven't increased at all during the playoffs and if you're a season ticket holder neither have yours.

KHE  

What's wrong with GMC getting big profits it's a business isn't it.

I've got no issue with the GMC making money.  It would be about time.. lol.

haha you crazy crazy people !!!!!!!!!
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Tue May 05, 2015 3:40 pm

mygens wrote:I'd still like to know what the city is paying global spectrum to manage the facility for hockey games , I don't think we need them , we didn't need them at the civic , they will probably make some excuse like the insurance company is insisting on a company like global ….mostly they walk around like the gestapo checking your bags for contraband water bottles , looking like bouncers at a bar ….really ????

anyhow , we need a new screen , that was old technology when they installed it originally , it has degraded to the point you can hardly see anything at all , i don't look at it !

any company advertising on it should complain , its less than worthless its annoying to look at .

you have my vote
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by KHE on Tue May 05, 2015 4:39 pm

mygens wrote:I'd still like to know what the city is paying global spectrum to manage the facility for hockey games , I don't think we need them , we didn't need them at the civic , they will probably make some excuse like the insurance company is insisting on a company like global ….mostly they walk around like the gestapo checking your bags for contraband water bottles , looking like bouncers at a bar ….really ????

anyhow , we need a new screen , that was old technology when they installed it originally , it has degraded to the point you can hardly see anything at all , i don't look at it !

any company advertising on it should complain , its less than worthless its annoying to look at .

For the type of rink that Oshawa has, and that being one that can host concerts etc you need a management company to look after that for you. There is no way the City of Oshawa would be able to bring the acts and shows that Global Spectrum has to the GMC. I've been very impressed with some of the concerts and shows that I've seen at the GMC and I know that if the City of Oshawa was actually managing the rink there is NO WAY that those shows would have been in Oshawa.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by Oshawa fan on Tue May 05, 2015 6:22 pm

I think Global Spectrum do a good job of managing the building. They are far better than MLSE who did the job initially.

Global has the booking power to good acts to come to Oshawa. The city cannot manage the facility.

The building still loses money so clearly these type of events will help the balance sheet. The GMC is owned by the the city (the taxpayers) as KHE says.

As I have said in other threads we are lucky to have the building and this year lucky to have a team in the OHL final.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by hockeybeats on Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 pm

mygens wrote:I'd still like to know what the city is paying global spectrum to manage the facility for hockey games , I don't think we need them , we didn't need them at the civic , they will probably make some excuse like the insurance company is insisting on a company like global ….mostly they walk around like the gestapo checking your bags for contraband water bottles , looking like bouncers at a bar ….really ????

anyhow , we need a new screen , that was old technology when they installed it originally , it has degraded to the point you can hardly see anything at all , i don't look at it !

any company advertising on it should complain , its less than worthless its annoying to look at .

You either have a management company in place for the arena or you don't. You can't hire them just for concerts and not for hockey. As KHE said, without Global Spectrum, you don't get the great acts that have performed at the GMC. As a taxpayer, you should be cheering for the building to succeed. I also really hope the new screen is a definite for next year. I've been hearing soon for a long time.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Location : Toronto
Registration date : 2007-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by oshgens2k2 on Tue May 05, 2015 9:57 pm

It's insane what people are asking for tickets. 500 bucks for two in sec 119 I just saw. It's tempting but I'm glad I'm a season ticket holder and get to watch this great game live. But still crazy.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Location : oshawa
Registration date : 2011-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by runner on Wed May 06, 2015 3:02 pm

I don't understand why people would think the ticket revenue would go to the GMC. The Oshawa Generals rent the arena and then utilize the GMC box office as part of their rental agreement. The GMC may get a portion of ticket sales but the bulk of the $$ goes to the Oshawa Generals. Its the Generals organization that would set ticket prices. Not the GMC, not Global Spectrum and certainly not the City of Oshawa.

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by mygens on Wed May 06, 2015 6:56 pm

If the GMC is losing money then there is a problem with managing it , plain and simple the gens bring in big crowds , and the concessions are expensive , beer included .

Its one thing to say your happy with Global spectrum bringing in events , but at what cost ?

the Generals and their fans bring in the most money by a long shot to the running of the building , the building needs a new big screen system , its now part of the hockey culture , i'm sure the city of oshawa can see themselves to pay the brunt of the cost , it is their building after all , and besides oshawa tax payers are the most burdened in the province , they should demand it !

go gens go !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Wed May 06, 2015 7:33 pm

oshgens2k2 wrote:It's insane what people are asking for tickets. 500 bucks for two in sec 119 I just saw. It's tempting but I'm glad I'm a season ticket holder and get to watch this great game live. But still crazy.

I wonder if it would be this crazy for tickets if McDavid wasn,t playing? I would watch the games on Rogers TV before I would pay nut bar prices but there is lots of nut bars that will pay it
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nut Bar prices - not really

Post by Gens Camper on Wed May 06, 2015 8:04 pm

These prices will drop by Friday morning - supply and demand - and a little greed

Nut bar prices - check out Leaf prices for a regular game - oh my bad they don't have play oof games

This a once in 25 year event - yes demand is high = yes McDavid pushes up the bar just like Tavaris did

This is a bargain for a championship event

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Gens Camper wrote:These prices will drop by Friday morning  - supply and demand - and a little greed

Nut bar prices - check out Leaf prices for a regular game - oh my bad they don't have play oof games

This a once in 25 year event - yes demand is high = yes McDavid pushes up the bar just like Tavaris did

This is a bargain for a championship event

yes nut bar prices and you don,t compare kids or juniors with NHL hockey but I'm not talking about GM Centre but all these people that have never been to a Generals game selling tickets for 300.00 I can,t even get a ticket for Friday because of all these stupid scalpers love to see them get busted!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by gensrock on Wed May 06, 2015 9:03 pm


I just found this on kijiji...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
just so funny that my tickets cost a nice $18.75 oh I get $5.00 for parking too lol so now it down to $13.75.....so nice to see hockey this time of year!!



Oshawa Generals vs. Erie Otters OHL finals Playoff Game 1
________________________________________
________________________________________
Important Safety Warning:
Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Kijiji does not offer any transaction or payment services. Read More Safety Tips
Date Listed 05-May-15
Price $325.00
Address Whitby, ON L1N 1B2

View map

________________________________________
For Sale By Owner
________________________________________
• Description
• Stay Safe!
I have TWO hard tickets in hand for game 1 on Friday May 9th at 7:35pm. They are Section 105, Row 3, right at the Generals penalty box at center ice with a fantastic view of the game!

Can deliver within reason(10-15mins drive) otherwise tickets can be picked up in Whitby.

Don't miss the chance to see the Generals in the OHL finals for the first time since 1997 & the talented Connor McDavid!
avatar
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Location : whitby
Registration date : 2008-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by darmitage on Thu May 07, 2015 12:52 pm

good old Sportsnet is back for G5 and G6 game 5 is Sportsnet 360 and game 6 Sportsnet Ontario not sure about 7th game
avatar
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ticket For Sale

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum