Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens @ Petes

3 posters

Go down

Gens @ Petes Empty Gens @ Petes

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Very Excited for tonights game, however we will be pretty short handed, and are bench should be under 20 players.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens @ Petes Empty Re: Gens @ Petes

Post by steamed Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 pm

archer_gens wrote:Very Excited for tonights game, however we will be pretty short handed, and are bench should be under 20 players.

Why get excited it's only an X game means nothing in the standings Sleep
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Cuz i'm a hockey fan! I will wake you when the season starts, and the other band wagon jumpers around february.

Very Happy

GO GENS GO!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Heading up with friends tonight thanks to that wagjag deal. We will have a short bench alright, but pretty sure Altshuller gets the start tonight. So that should be something to look forward to.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 am

7-4 Final.

Altshuller played periods 1 and 2, with Appleby getting the nod for the third. Altshuller let in one, and Appleby the remainder. Gens sort of tailed off defensively in the third, which led to most the goals. I feel there was only really one bad goal against for Appleby.

Emerson Clark with the Hat trick, who would have ever thought that?! lol. He played really well tonight. One player I did not really notice during camp was Cassels, but tonight he looked great as well. Tough on the puck and he will make you take him down to get it off him.

Payne took a Match penalty for Slewfooting during the second.

D'agostini looked pretty brutal for the Petes tonight. Few goals that more or less sailed by him. Generals worked hard though and definitely earned the win.

Altshuller looked real good for his time in net. Made a few real nice solid saves on 2 on 1's and quick cross ice passes in close. His lateral movement is great, and positioning makes it look so easy. I'm hoping the nod for Appleby was either planned, or as a result of the game being 6-1 after two, rather than a potential injury.

Both teams ran lineups void of top players. Lessio did not dress.

Lot's of other Gens fans in my section the tonight "19". I'm sure others will chime in too.

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:00 am

Slewfoot in the third I believe, as the majors in the second were for fighting. It was a good game. The Petes fans I talked to make it seem like its gonna be another very long season for them this year. Can't wait for the rematch at the GMC.

Altshuller looked really solid, and the back end should improve should Valentine return, I still think that trading for a solid defencemen at the deadline would push us to where we need to be.

I don't know why Appleby is still with the team, unless they are really considering cutting Bailie loose, I would rather him play a full season in the league below us then only a few games in the OHL.

The Gens took to many penalties tonight, Clark hat trick was awesome, he was improving his skills all summer and I hoped that it was carry over into hockey.

The Gens need to play 60 minutes. Twice they were 7-8 shots above the Petes before getting trapped and allowing several shots straight.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:22 am

[quote="archer_gens"]I don't know why Appleby is still with the team, unless they are really considering cutting Bailie loose, I would rather him play a full season in the league below us then only a few games in the OHL.[/quote

I agree 100%. At the same time I'm torn. In my mind, there is no way Bailie gets the number 1, or will be able to win the number 1. So in a way you would like him to be traded and maybe get a shot elsewhere, as hes not getting any younger. At the same time, you run into the problem you mentioned, the potential for Appleby riding the pine for 45-50 games. Unless Bessette is at the level of playing backup. Scrimmage games left me with the feeling that isn't the case though.

The other part of me says Bailie ends up in Kingston. But that is just because it seems Frontenacs and Generals do a lot of work trading goalies around. lol

JPH

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Could bring in a back up, or wait to the deadline, ship Bailie (play them 50/50 til then) and bring in a number 1 then (someone for just half a year) then altshuller is our #1 for 2-3 years after that.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down