Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

+20
generalsfan
UGENS
steamed
ogf
annette12
dewitl
mygens
hockeynightinontario
opinionated
Chamoo
Gens Camper
Kevy
Gen44
JokesandPranks
moose
archer_gens
hockeybeats
Hayes#21
ohagan
Oshawa fan
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tue Nov 02	Mississauga at Oshawa	11:00 AM Empty Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:45 pm

What am I missing about this game? Tuesday at 11 AM. My tickets say that so does the schedule on the website.

Same thing on OHL website.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Tue Nov 02	Mississauga at Oshawa	11:00 AM Empty Re: Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

Post by ohagan Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:09 pm

its something that some other teams started last season, school kids go on a field trip to a hockey game during school time, something about getting younger people watching the games, but my opinion is most kids will just be happy to get out of school and not really care about the game, but its true, 11am start, i for one will not be going

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Tue Nov 02	Mississauga at Oshawa	11:00 AM Empty Re: Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

Post by Oshawa fan Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Apparently I missed that memo. I will have to give those tickets away.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:37 am

Before the season started it was posted here about the early game. What got me, was nothing was said when you picked up your season tickets. No options, I guess we are to treat it as a raincheck game.

I will be going. This is something that should have been done in the pre-season, gets the kids out and does not affect the season ticket holders. But then again, who are we , right?

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 am

Hayes#21 wrote:Before the season started it was posted here about the early game.

I missed that obviously. I did take a summer vacation from hockey stuff.

I am not upset about it but I wonder how well it will work. Hopefully they do get a chance to introduce a lot of kids to the Generals. If it is run properly it may well give a great many kids a chance to see a Generals game that they would not otherwise have.

If you are not able to use your seats a rain check is a fine idea but you could think about donating the tickets to a charity for their use. Hearthplace Cancer Support Centre or one of the Senior's Centre locations would likely have someone who would be happy to use the tickets and might not have the opportunity to go without free tickets.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:Before the season started it was posted here about the early game. What got me, was nothing was said when you picked up your season tickets. No options, I guess we are to treat it as a raincheck game.

I will be going. This is something that should have been done in the pre-season, gets the kids out and does not affect the season ticket holders. But then again, who are we , right?

You can't do this in pre-season, school started Sept. 7th. The game would have to be basically during the first or second week of school. No way can a teacher plan a trip, collect permission forms, etc. Not to mention the fact that the start of the school year is so busy as it is. If we had the NHL calendar and there were pre-season games at the end of September rather than the beginning, that might be doable but no way would any school be interested in a trip that close to the start of the school year.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:10 pm

You must be a teacher. Very Happy

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:
Hayes#21 wrote:Before the season started it was posted here about the early game.

I missed that obviously. I did take a summer vacation from hockey stuff.

I am not upset about it but I wonder how well it will work. Hopefully they do get a chance to introduce a lot of kids to the Generals. If it is run properly it may well give a great many kids a chance to see a Generals game that they would not otherwise have.

If you are not able to use your seats a rain check is a fine idea but you could think about donating the tickets to a charity for their use. Hearthplace Cancer Support Centre or one of the Senior's Centre locations would likely have someone who would be happy to use the tickets and might not have the opportunity to go without free tickets.

Well put Oshawa Fan, that is a great suggestion.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:46 pm

yup it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Reading my season ticket book when I was taking out tonight's tickets, I see the Gens actually suggest the United Way donation of tickets and you get a charitable receipt.

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:36 pm

The donation of tickets is correct, I heard that today as well. You can get a charitable receipt if you choose to donate your tickets so your seat isn't empty.

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 am

I cant donate my tickets as i need to be at the game lol. That said i need to remember to get some non perishables for next game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by moose Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Personally I think this is a stupid idea and season ticket holders are getting screwed. So a bunch of kids go to the game, how many of them will actually be back, or better yet how many of their parents can afford to bring them back! The cost to bring a family of four is crazy when you add in snacks!

I know I forsure can't get the day off, I didnt save any vacation days thinking i would need one for a 11:00am Generals game!

I think the Generals should allow these tickets to be cashed in for ANY game and no service charge should be attached to them.

moose

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JokesandPranks Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:22 pm

don't worry about missing it, just listen to the game on the radio Laughing

JokesandPranks

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen44 Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Gens staff shouldn't lose focus of their existing client base by continuing to have promotions at the expense of season ticket holders (STH). I won't be able to make the 11:00am game as well. Another 2 tickets unused. Similar to the preseason tickets. Providing 2 extra tickets per seat to one pre-season home game was in essence, me paying for two other people to come to the game. It was like a promotional stunt for additional people to come to a game at STH's expense. The least they could have done was provide STH a game in either Pickering or Port Perry as part of our STH package.

Gen44

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:18 pm

Rinks r to small is my guess. That said if ur throwing an out of town game and inviting only sth might as well hold it at the gmc. Have a big promotion and bring people in. Maybe by a pair of regular season tickets receive a free pair for preseason. Start us off right with a full house. Maybe just make it a free game and advertise it. Your right there is better promotions that dont isolate us sth
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Personally...I would rather have a ticket or two to a playoff game. I will most likely be there....that being said, I can understand the people's frustration with this game

Last edited by Kevy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:17 am

The frustration is simple - you should NOT have to pay for an 11:00 am

game that should be in Missy where no one goes or cares.

If you can't go - it's a rain check night - but in our section there are no empty seats

Hopefully this is a one of

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:50 am

Well Missy has done it before and is continuing to do it. So if the game sells out here in Oshawa I can't see them not continuing. Maybe the thing to do would be to include 2 voucher/tickets for this game in the future. The Vouchers being used to either claim your seats for the game or a pair of seats to any other game.

I'm sure over an entire season each ticket holder could find a use for the extra ticket(s) as a gift for birthday christmas, guys night or whatever. Or maybe a credit towards next years tickets or playoff tickets. The second option is more likely if they can make this a game that sells out every year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:43 am

archer_gens wrote:Well Missy has done it before and is continuing to do it. So if the game sells out here in Oshawa I can't see them not continuing. Maybe the thing to do would be to include 2 voucher/tickets for this game in the future. The Vouchers being used to either claim your seats for the game or a pair of seats to any other game.

I'm sure over an entire season each ticket holder could find a use for the extra ticket(s) as a gift for birthday christmas, guys night or whatever. Or maybe a credit towards next years tickets or playoff tickets. The second option is more likely if they can make this a game that sells out every year.

This would be a tough situation, as the Generals need to know ahead of time how many tickets they can sell to the schools and students and such. These tickets are all sold ahead of time, and these vouchers would be claimed at various points prior to the game, and would give the ticket staff an ever changing number of seats to sell ahead of the game.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by opinionated Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Chamoo wrote:
archer_gens wrote:Well Missy has done it before and is continuing to do it. So if the game sells out here in Oshawa I can't see them not continuing. Maybe the thing to do would be to include 2 voucher/tickets for this game in the future. The Vouchers being used to either claim your seats for the game or a pair of seats to any other game.

This would be a tough situation, as the Generals need to know ahead of time how many tickets they can sell to the schools and students and such. These tickets are all sold ahead of time, and these vouchers would be claimed at various points prior to the game, and would give the ticket staff an ever changing number of seats to sell ahead of the game.

That's simple enough -- just put a "redeem by" date on the vouchers if they are being used for the 11 am game.

Thinking about, that would work even better for the Gens. As it stands now, they will have a large number (I expect) of unused season tickets, creating empty space that they could have sold/given away to schools, had they known in advance that the seats were going to be unused.

opinionated

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:36 pm

Thats my point if its going to be a sell out anyways. They could make more cash this way and make us happy. Maybe next year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:12 pm

I won't reveal anything I've overheard that might not be official because what will happen next year is just rumour really at this point. But I will say that STH's are not ignored in Oshawa at all as some people here might perceive. They are talking about balancing the benefit of this game with the disadvantage of people paying for an event they cannot attend. Any discussion though I think is about next year, at this point, I think it's a done deal although I could be wrong.

Asking for a playoff game as a trade-off for a regular season game, of course that would be nice but honestly, do you think it's viable? There must be at least 2000 season ticket holders, probably more. $20 X 2000 tickets ... do you really think its feasible to just give away over $40,000? Sure it would be nice, it's just not realistic.

Toronto FC is forcing its season ticket holders to purchase the MLS Cup, the championship game Toronto is hosting. If one decides not to buy this game between two teams that someone might not care for at all, you lose your season tickets and it's back of the line. If we're talking about mistreating season ticket holders, MLSE is king. Imagine being forced to buy tickets to see a championship game between Peterborough and London in order to purchase season tickets! Sorry, I know that's not related - just wanted to vent about it. Laughing

hockeybeats

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Which is why if this years game sells out, why not do what i suggested. Allow STH to trade there tickets in for either a credit towards next years seasons, or allow them to be traded in for any other game. I like the credit and if there is enough interest and schools involved and the building sells out the Gens don't lose any money. Basically your just allowing the STH to sell there seats to school kids attending the game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 am

My seats will be empty in protest. I've talked with several other season ticket holders and they plan to do the same. Dont give them away, that's what thy want! Those people will spend money on concessions and souvenirs. The only true protest is to not show up. My seats will be empty and won't be exchanged for later games, I don't need extra tickets.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next